Toub and Knox

'TD'

I know alot of people deserve credit for today's win and some more then either. I just want to single them out and give them a lot of credit.

Toub is a true professional and genious at his craft. The Bears continually have a great special teams, and that was a major factor in today.

Knox, this isn't as much today, though he definitely contributed, I'm just in awe of his contributions as a whole. As a rookie WR it's hard to see time on the field for the Bears. He's not only earned his way on the field, but made the most of his opportunities. If he keeps up this work ethic and his talents continue to develop to the NFL stage he will continue to grow into something special.

I know there's nothing new here. I just wanted to make a post giving Toub some well deserved credit and Knox a fourth of the way through his first regular season.

For sure Toub deserves a lot of credit. It doesn't seem to matter who returns kicks or punts, we get good yards off the returns. Naturally some of that is talent but blocking and scheme is just as big a part of it. Coverage units have played well too and get better each week.

I'd like to give props to Turner for scaling back what he asked Knox to learn to start off the year. Last year they forced Bennett to digest the entire playbook and it delayed his progress. Making an adjustment from that shows an ability to hold himself accountable for decisions that don't work out. Not everyone can put their ego (and their "system") aside to do that. There were many on the board that didn't think Knox would make the final roster and would end up on the practice squad.

For sure Toub deserves a lot of credit. It doesn't seem to matter who returns kicks or punts, we get good yards off the returns. Naturally some of that is talent but blocking and scheme is just as big a part of it. Coverage units have played well too and get better each week.

It really is incredible when you think about it. Hester was all-world in both punt and kickoff returns. I remember when the staff pulled him from kickoff returns and inserted DM, and fans went nuts. Then DM looked incredible. Then DM is pulled due to starting and Knox is inserted, and again, many fans went nuts, but he quickly looked great too. On punt returns, Hester goes down and Bennett steps in and steps up. While you have to give credit to the individual returners, you just do not replace players like this w/o giving huge credit to the coaching.

I'd like to give props to Turner for scaling back what he asked Knox to learn to start off the year. Last year they forced Bennett to digest the entire playbook and it delayed his progress. Making an adjustment from that shows an ability to hold himself accountable for decisions that don't work out. Not everyone can put their ego (and their "system") aside to do that. There were many on the board that didn't think Knox would make the final roster and would end up on the practice squad.

Agreed. Turner gets tons of crap, and deservedly so, for how he handled Bennett, but also deserved credit for admitting a wrong and fixing it. While I thought fans were nuts who didn't feel Knox would make the team, at the same time, I felt he was a player who would need more time to develop as I felt he was more of a raw talent. Not only do I give Turner credit for limiting Knox in what we initially threw at him, but also, I think we have avoided putting too much on the rookie after he started to make plays. Many here on this board talked about moving him into the starting lineup, but the staff thus far has basically kept him in the slot, which is IMHO, best for the kid and the team, at least for now.