Packers getting their butts handed to them

BearFan2000

ugly game for the Packers. I honestly expected a more competitive game. Favre hasn't even had to break a sweat, no pressure at all from Green Bay's D-Line, on the other side Rodgers has been harassed regularly.

Question: Are the Vikings that good or the Packers that bad? I hate the Vikings.

NFC North Standings will be

Queens 4-0

Bears 3-1

Packers 2-2

Lions 1-3

In one respect this isn't a bad outcome as it now puts GB in a bad spot and we are one game back of the Vikings the head to head matchups against could be the key games for winning the NFC north

And this game is why I'm extra bugged about the game against Green Bay. This should have made GB 1-3, and feeling horrible about being tied with the Lions. Instead, they're 2-2 and they think they have a shot at the division.

I no longer like Green Bay and Minnesota games. It used to be easy because I hated Green Bay and Brett Favre. Now, I'm torn.

And this game is why I'm extra bugged about the game against Green Bay. This should have made GB 1-3, and feeling horrible about being tied with the Lions. Instead, they're 2-2 and they think they have a shot at the division.

I no longer like Green Bay and Minnesota games. It used to be easy because I hated Green Bay and Brett Favre. Now, I'm torn.

Not for me....now i hate them both on an equal level!!!!!!! Go Bears!!!!!!!!

ugly game for the Packers. I honestly expected a more competitive game. Favre hasn't even had to break a sweat, no pressure at all from Green Bay's D-Line, on the other side Rodgers has been harassed regularly.

Question: Are the Vikings that good or the Packers that bad? I hate the Vikings.

Queens 4-0

Bears 3-1

Packers 2-2

Lions 1-3

In one respect this isn't a bad outcome as it now puts GB in a bad spot and we are one game back of the Vikings the head to head matchups against could be the key games for winning the NFC north

I think it speaks to how bad GB's Oline really is. Aaron Rodgers is a good QB with a QB rating of 101.1 with 6 td's compared to just 1 INT. The problem is that he has been sacked 20 times already in just 4 games. That would be on pace to be sacked 80 times, which would break the record that was set in 2002 when David Carr was a rookie when he got punished and was sacked 76 times.

Queens 4-0

Bears 3-1

Packers 2-2

Lions 1-3

I came away from this game thinking they both could be beat. See what happens when you stay in your gap assignment against Peterson and not try to do too much? He looked pretty human didn't he? The one thing I'll credit Capers for is having that line ready for AP. They did not get enough pressure on Favre though, but I didn't see anything so special that it would keep me up at night about either one of them. I think we're all gonna split with each other and whoever get's beat by Detroit, and make no mistake, one of us will get beat by Detroit. Whoever that is, will most likely be odd man out for a playoff run. The key for us is to come out ready to play. Hopefully our players and coaching staff know that by now.

People around here ask me, when GB and Minny play, who do you root for? Frankly, they ask because they are trying to set me up and be funny. Well, when I am asked who I cheer for when those teams play each other, my response? "Al Qaeda"

Yea, not exactly politically correct, but you should see their faces. Classic.

I just have a hard time believing GB is going to be a factor at the end of the season. They are 2-2 now. In their next 4, they have 3 easy games plus Minny at home. They at too inconsistent to win all 4 games, so lets say they go 3-1 and push their overall to 5-3. Looking good right? Not so much. They schedule is really tough in the backhalf w/: dallas, SF, @ baltimore, @ chicago, Pitt, Sea, Az. Only Detroit would be considered an easy win from this group.

GB is not a bad team, but they are not that good either, and are just not consistent enough. Factor also their schedule, and at best, I see this as a .500 team.

Minny is another story.

They are 4-0 and should easily be 5-0 (StL). Then they have a tough stretch w/ Balt, @Pitt and @GB. Those will be 3 tough, physical games. But they get a bye after that stretch, and w/ Det after the bye, it is more like a 2 week bye for them. Players can really rest up for the back half.

5 of their final 8 are at home, and one of those away games is Carolina, which will be as warm and easy as Paris Hilton. Only late game in Chicago poses a away/weather combo challenge for them.

Minny is a very good team. And the schedule really favors them right now. Schedule is not that bad for us, but if I had to guess right now, I think Minny would win the division and we get in w/ a wild card.

Queens 4-0

Bears 3-1

Packers 2-2

Lions 1-3

It is like the lsser of 2 evils.

I'd like to say I just root for injury, but I really don't.

Although I lean towards Minny. It's a divisional opponent with our arch divisional rival on it.

People around here ask me, when GB and Minny play, who do you root for? Frankly, they ask because they are trying to set me up and be funny. Well, when I am asked who I cheer for when those teams play each other, my response? "Al Qaeda"

Yea, not exactly politically correct, but you should see their faces. Classic.

Funny. You say GB is our arch rival, and while that is true, I know so many more who hate Minny more than GB. It just depends on how old you are I guess. Most who grew up w/ the old GB/Chi rivarly are frankly dead. My fathers generation grew up watching the Purple People Eaters kill the bears, and grew an intense hatred that has not gone way. My generation watched GB (Favre) destroy the bears throughout the 90s and into the 2000s, and have a intense hatred from that.

It is like the lsser of 2 evils.

I'd like to say I just root for injury, but I really don't.

Although I lean towards Minny. It's a divisional opponent with our arch divisional rival on it.

Funny. You say GB is our arch rival, and while that is true, I know so many more who hate Minny more than GB. It just depends on how old you are I guess. Most who grew up w/ the old GB/Chi rivarly are frankly dead. My fathers generation grew up watching the Purple People Eaters kill the bears, and grew an intense hatred that has not gone way. My generation watched GB (Favre) destroy the bears throughout the 90s and into the 2000s, and have a intense hatred from that.

The rivalry with the Puckers goes all the way back to the beginning of the league. Minny was added to the league as an expansion in the early 1960s. Which do I hate more? GB by an 'inth degree! And I guess that puts me in the "old rivalry" bunch, since I started as a Bear fan back in 1962. And I'm not dead yet! :dabears

My hatred of GB stems from the cheap shot they gave Jimmy Mac all those years ago. Then, once they got Favre, it continued on with that and how many times he beat us. The one that stung was Butkus's retirement night in the rain... Now with him gone, my hatred has gone from 11 to 9. Whereas I've never had an issue with Minny other than them being in our division and them being fairly good most of the time. But, now with Favre there, and with the potential for post-season and more with their current team, I do not want Favre to win one again.

I understand the history, but its one thing to read or hear about a rivalry, and another to experience it. If you grew up watching football in the 70s, you may have known about the GB rivarly, but Minny was the team you most hated.

There is no question that for me, GB is the team I most hate. In fact, my #2 team would likely be a tie between Minny and Dallas.

With that said, one of my most disgusted memories was from a Minny game, when that LB Rudd was running it back for a score, but before he scored he turned around and started to taunt the chasing Bear players. I was disguested by his actions, but honestly, I was even more upset by our not retaliating. The lack of heart I saw stemming from that makes me sick to this day to think about.

The rivalry with the Puckers goes all the way back to the beginning of the league. Minny was added to the league as an expansion in the early 1960s. Which do I hate more? GB by an 'inth degree!

Pretty much with you, but I will say, I began to grow a hatred for Minny due to that Rudd taunting game.

My hatred of GB stems from the cheap shot they gave Jimmy Mac all those years ago. Then, once they got Favre, it continued on with that and how many times he beat us. The one that stung was Butkus's retirement night in the rain... Now with him gone, my hatred has gone from 11 to 9. Whereas I've never had an issue with Minny other than them being in our division and them being fairly good most of the time. But, now with Favre there, and with the potential for post-season and more with their current team, I do not want Favre to win one again.

I hated that classless move by Rudd!

But since Minny never won a SB and I didn't think they could...they've been behind the Packers. Now that they look very dangerous, I want them squashed!

Pretty much with you, but I will say, I began to grow a hatred for Minny due to that Rudd taunting game.

My most hated team...ever GB, now Minny.

1. GB (switch out MIN if Brett Farve is playing for them)

2. MIN

3. WAS (responsible for being the team that killed our SB hopes so often in the 80's including Walter's last game)

4. PATS (too good and coach is too unlikable)

5. DAL (America's team my a$$...)

6. MIA (still resent them for their perfect season BS...)

7. PIT (only right now since they've won too many darn SB's!)

8. OAK (used to like them, until every gangmember in the US took them on as their mascot)

I'd say Minny is the team I most hate, probably stems from Dwayne Crudd. But there's more to it... I can't find anything redeeming about that franchise that I respect outside of AP. The substance abusing Williams wall of lard covered in legal teflon. Jared Allen, Brett Favre. Randy Moss (when he was there). Now that Favre is there I hope they win nothing. So sick of Favre and I never want to see him hoist another Lambardi ever again.

GB I is more like a rival where there's a respect but when we are playing them I hate their guts and want to see them squashed when they aren't playing us I still enjoy watching them lose. Favre through the years made me hate them because they not only beat us but they would rub your faces in it. Packer fans for the most part are some of the most annoying obnoxious people I've ever had the displeasure of being around.

Listening to the announcers last night was equally annoying. May as well end the season now and hand Minn the Lambardi. Their ready to crown them. If memory serves me correct, Favre started out hot last year in NY and by mid/late season he was a turnover machine. Enjoy the good Farve while he lasts Minny. Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

My thoughts almost exactly.

Hate list: First the packers, then farv, then the vikings