Loathie's headset

JRCook79

Maybe I'm showing my naivete here but: in watching Lovie on the sideline, the past many years the closest I ever saw him to even saying anything into the headset or even addressing anyone on the sideline was to pull the microphone down by his mouth, hesitate for a second, then put it back up. On Sunday vs. Bengals, he wasn't even wearing the earpiece right, it was over his cheek or jaw for a lot of the game. Doesn't exactly give me confidence that he's in any kind of control.

Maybe I'm showing my naivete here but: in watching Lovie on the sideline, the past many years the closest I ever saw him to even saying anything into the headset or even addressing anyone on the sideline was to pull the microphone down by his mouth, hesitate for a second, then put it back up. On Sunday vs. Bengals, he wasn't even wearing the earpiece right, it was over his cheek or jaw for a lot of the game. Doesn't exactly give me confidence that he's in any kind of control.

Lovie deserves his fair share of crap, but come on. Now people are just grasping at straws to rip the guy.

It doesn't matter. All he'd say is...

Braaaaaaaaaains...

Conversation between Lovie Smith and the ref when reviewing Hest's fumble. Lovie: "Have you tried the Big Carl yet? It's way better than the Big Mac." Ref: "I don't think this is going to be overturned its quite obvious it was a fumble." Lovie: "It's ok I just like the way the color red looks on a field of grass." Ref: "Isn't there anyone talking to you in that huge headset?" Lovie:"No man, Marvin Gaye all day baby."