I'll say it again

Connorbear

Trade Hester and Olsen and use the value you get to upgrade the line of scrimmage.

- Hester will never be much better than he is now and, at this point, he is at best a #2 receiver. He needs to be a slot receiver and I see Knox as the exact same player who is younger with more upside as a receiver.

- Olsen is an ok receiving TE (should be much better) who is a horrible blocker. I would rather get K Davis on the field more. Further, it seems Cutler zeros in on him on every play.

Peace :dabears

Trade Hester and Olsen and use the value you get to upgrade the line of scrimmage.

- Hester will never be much better than he is now and, at this point, he is at best a #2 receiver. He needs to be a slot receiver and I see Knox as the exact same player who is younger with more upside as a receiver.

- Olsen is an ok receiving TE (should be much better) who is a horrible blocker. I would rather get K Davis on the field more. Further, it seems Cutler zeros in on him on every play.

As shocking as this idea first appears, I agree with you. We've got the guys who can returnkick offs 6 punts and K Davis will be just fine. What we don't have is an OL that can block.

As shocking as this idea first appears, I agree with you. We've got the guys who can returnkick offs 6 punts and K Davis will be just fine. What we don't have is an OL that can block.

I was actually just discussing the possibility of trading Hester with my boss this morning. How about Oakland. We all know Al Davis loves speed and of course there is always Washington who hates draft picks.

Honestly though, what is Hester's trade value. I doubt it is as high as some here would like to believe. Lets say we can get a 3rd for him, which I frankly am not even sure would be possible, but even if we could, do you all honestly believe we could find a WR better than he in the draft.

IMHO, the problem is not nearly so much that Hester can't play WR, but that he is simply not a #1. Just because he is not a #1 doesn't mean you get rid of him. The solution, IMHO, is to upgrade and get a better #1 WR. If Hester is not in the #1 role, we may find him to be a far better WR.

And I still believe our WRs (a) will improve if the OL improves, as the WR will have more time to run routes, (B) will improve with time, as they (outside of Hester) are still very young and © will improve with better coaching.

I was actually just discussing the possibility of trading Hester with my boss this morning. How about Oakland. We all know Al Davis loves speed and of course there is always Washington who hates draft picks.

Honestly though, what is Hester's trade value. I doubt it is as high as some here would like to believe. Lets say we can get a 3rd for him, which I frankly am not even sure would be possible, but even if we could, do you all honestly believe we could find a WR better than he in the draft.

IMHO, the problem is not nearly so much that Hester can't play WR, but that he is simply not a #1. Just because he is not a #1 doesn't mean you get rid of him. The solution, IMHO, is to upgrade and get a better #1 WR. If Hester is not in the #1 role, we may find him to be a far better WR.

And I still believe our WRs (a) will improve if the OL improves, as the WR will have more time to run routes, (B) will improve with time, as they (outside of Hester) are still very young and © will improve with better coaching.

I'm saying trade him because he is the same player as Johnny Knox. Both are slot receivers. Get what value you can and upgrade the o-line.

You know I will never complain about improving the OL. I just question whether or not we are best off trading Hester. If someone offered a significant value, fine. But I would not simply "take what value you can".

Hester has value to this, and any, football team. The probelm IMHO is not that he can't play WR, but simply that he is not a #1.

You say he and Knox are the same. Well, what if Knox develops into a starter, and we can move Hester to the slot, which is where I think he is best. I know you said Knox is a slot receiver, but why can he not be more. Knox has shown a lot of potential as a rookie, and I think there is no reason to believe he has hit his ceiling. Knox was always supposed to need time to develop. That he has developed as quickly as he has is a positive IMHO. I would absolutely love to see what might happen if he had a better WR coach.

Sometimes it is a situation of addition by subtraction. I do not believe that is the case here though. It isn't that Hester is a bad player. I simply think he is not in the right position. Heck, he might even look good as a #2 if we had a more legit #1 opposite him.

Our track record of find, much less developing, WRs simply sucks. While Hester is not a #1, he is not garbage either. We need to be looking to add right now far more than we need to subtract.

I'm saying trade him because he is the same player as Johnny Knox. Both are slot receivers. Get what value you can and upgrade the o-line.

I am not sure what you could get for him either but I mentioned Oakland because Al davis loves speed and he has overspent on speed guys before. I also mentioned Washington because they are notoriously overspending on players all the time.

I am not sure what you could get for him either but I mentioned Oakland because Al davis loves speed and he has overspent on speed guys before. I also mentioned Washington because they are notoriously overspending on players all the time.

Honestly I don't see it happening at all because we just got done extending his contract not that long ago.

Oakland just drafted a couple WRs though, and Al in fact got his speed guy in DHB, along w/ a pretty good looking rookie in Murphy. As for Wash, you never know, but it just seems more like a dream.

Again, if someone offered up a 2nd, I would take it, but (a) I just do not think his value is what some here would like to see and (B) I think he has plenty of value to this team, but simply needs to be in a different situation.

Honestly I don't see it happening at all because we just got done extending his contract not that long ago.

Sadly I agree.

They botched Hester and Olsen isn't worth the hype.

though I dont agree with you about Hester,but Olsen is a PUSSY in my book...ok Culter over thrown him in the end zone,but anther receiver would have at least made an attempt at catching the ball.

What is his contract situation? I know he had certain escalators but I would assume we also gave him a nice bonus up front that his next team will not have to worry about. Where is LT2_3 when you need him???

though I dont agree with you about Hester,but Olsen is a PUSSY in my book...ok Culter over thrown him in the end zone,but anther receiver would have at least made an attempt at catching the ball.

The 1 thing that I was wondering is that Yes Cutler should have made a much better throw but in almost everyone of those passes Cutler at least put it close. Why didn't any of the receivers DIVE to get the ball. Yeah it doesn't get a you a Touchdown, however its a nice catch, they good on ESPN, lol but more importantly its a 1st down.

The Knox pass was way too far. The Hester pass was pretty out there too.

The Olsen pass ticked me off as well. He reached, and it seemed to damn near graze his finger tips. Most everyone in the bar also felt Olsen should have laid out for that one. Make no mistake. Cutler's pass was not on target, and it would have been a great play by Olsen. At the same time, Olsen didn't even attempt to make a play on the ball. Further, if Olsen wants to hold himself out to be one of the elite TEs in the game (he said this pre-season) then he needs to go and get that ball.

The 1 thing that I was wondering is that Yes Cutler should have made a much better throw but in almost everyone of those passes Cutler at least put it close. Why didn't any of the receivers DIVE to get the ball. Yeah it doesn't get a you a Touchdown, however its a nice catch, they good on ESPN, lol but more importantly its a 1st down.

The Knox pass was way too far. The Hester pass was pretty out there too.

The Olsen pass ticked me off as well. He reached, and it seemed to damn near graze his finger tips. Most everyone in the bar also felt Olsen should have laid out for that one. Make no mistake. Cutler's pass was not on target, and it would have been a great play by Olsen. At the same time, Olsen didn't even attempt to make a play on the ball. Further, if Olsen wants to hold himself out to be one of the elite TEs in the game (he said this pre-season) then he needs to go and get that ball.

The way the ball came over Olsens head prevented him from gathering up for a dive at it. Heck, he barely got his hands up in time. Then again, plays usually have aftermaths and it looked like Olsen wasn't extending any farther than he did.