I Liked Lovie In the Beginning but....

lemonej

The bloom is off that rose.

I won't say I was a staunch defender of Lovie but I was willing to pull for the "Brotha".

That all changed when he decided he would continue to talk in coach speak and basically ruined my Sundays(or Game Days). When it comes to the Bears I'm not sitting here starring at a Malcolm X poster and reciting Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" speech, I am first and foremost looking for the Bears to win the game they play.

Taking my ethnicity out of the equation Lovie sucks as bad as Herm Edwards did in KC. Maybe he is one of those guys that just needs to be a coordinator like Romeo Crennel, Kevin Gilbride ,Dick Le Beau and Dom Capers. I truly believe that he is in way over his head and its starting to show up big time. If I put it out there at work that I was going to make sure a problem got solved with me over seeing it,I would have some explaining to do.When Lovie is asked a question you don't walk away feeling you got a straight answer.

I won't say I was a staunch defender of Lovie but I was willing to pull for the "Brotha".

That all changed when he decided he would continue to talk in coach speak and basically ruined my Sundays(or Game Days). When it comes to the Bears I'm not sitting here starring at a Malcolm X poster and reciting Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" speech, I am first and foremost looking for the Bears to win the game they play.

Taking my ethnicity out of the equation Lovie sucks as bad as Herm Edwards did in KC. Maybe he is one of those guys that just needs to be a coordinator like Romeo Crennel, Kevin Gilbride ,Dick Le Beau and Dom Capers. I truly believe that he is in way over his head and its starting to show up big time. If I put it out there at work that I was going to make sure a problem got solved with me over seeing it,I would have some explaining to do.When Lovie is asked a question you don't walk away feeling you got a straight answer.

I could care less if the coach of my favorite team is white, black, brown, yellow, purple, or pink. I could care less if the coach is straight, gay, or bi. I could less if the coach is man or woman. I want a coach who wins, period. Really, this is all that matters IMHO.

This will be the 3rd yr since the SB and no playoffs. The team has regressed even though we have added a pro-bowl level QB. The offense has no identity. Time for Lovie and his staff to exit stage left.

Peace :dabears

I could care less if the coach of my favorite team is white, black, brown, yellow, purple, or pink. I could care less if the coach is straight, gay, or bi. I could less if the coach is man or woman. I want a coach who wins, period. Really, this is all that matters IMHO.

This will be the 3rd yr since the SB and no playoffs. The team has regressed even though we have added a pro-bowl level QB. The offense has no identity. Time for Lovie and his staff to exit stage left.

CB I couldn't put it any clearer than you did so if anyone is holding back their feeling because fo Lovie's ethnicity, screw that.

BTW when you say exit stage left it remind me of an old school cartoon character called Snaggle Puss. You familiar?

CB I couldn't put it any clearer than you did so if anyone is holding back their feeling because fo Lovie's ethnicity, screw that.

BTW when you say exit stage left it remind me of an old school cartoon character called Snaggle Puss. You familiar?

Indubitably!!!!

That is exactly it, Connorbear. This team is getting worse every year and Lovie & Co. seem to have no clue how to fix it and also seem to have a business-as-usual, let me collect my paycheck attitude. This has got to change, or we are going to be a bottomfeeder team for several years.

And I always liked Quickdraw McGraw and Baba Louie!

I'd be worried if he was purple. Purple people are lazy, hate those guys.

Guest TerraTor
I'd be worried if he was purple. Purple people are lazy, hate those guys.

Get Cower or Shanahan in here. Pay em' 20mill a year if thats what it takes. Tell Lovie to take his selfhelp and niceguy BS up to detroit

I'm with you Connorbear I dont care who we have as head coach,as long as they make us winners again.

I really dont see us going after a big name Coach,we have never done that in the past.We have always gone for the cheaper assistant coach to Head coach...IMO we will go after the Leslie Frazier type...than a Cower or Shanahan.

Your take isn't different from most...

I think we all wanted to give Smith a chance. And early on, he seemed to be onto something. But on the SB run and after, problems of his style, judgment and skill started to become more apparent.

I can only recall nfo being really weary of the hire. I recall he felt that his defensive prowess was basically smoke and mirrors going for turnovers w/ the greatest show on truf spotting 30 + points per game.

Lets hope with the way they went after Cutler, that mindset has changed.

Exactly what I was thinking. I catch myself thinking they'll never do it but prior to last offseason I thought they'd never go after a franchise QB. Despite the stats and record Jay is a franchise QB. We made the mistake of thinking that bringing him here would instantly make all our problems go away. But back to the point there's always a first time for everything. IIRC didn't Jauron have seasons left on his contract extension when the Bears canned him? Now that's not the same as what we're talking here but still they bought out his contract and brought in Lovie. Maybe this time around they will take the next bold step and buy out the contract for Lovie and possibly Jerry's and bring in a real proven coach. IMHO what the Bears do with Lovie this offseason will tell me a lot about this franchise's dedication to winning. Lovie and Angelo aren't getting it done. The oldest proudest franchise needs to step up and do what's needed to turn the Bears into a dominant franchise.