Mike Heimerdinger

butkusrules

OK. I'm asusming we can't pull the trigger on a Cowher or Shanny. So Heimerdinger doesn't sound bad to me.

Also, I'd be OK with Grimm in the same thought... He interviewd already and has been pretty decent in AZ. Plus as an OL guy...we are in dire need of improvement there. Hire a OC, like the Coordinator you mention...I think he's at SC...

I think we could find a decent DC working under Ryan in NY. Or maybe even Rob from CLE...

M.jpg

Worked with Cutler,

Knows the system that Cutler excelled in.

Proven Track Record.

Roommates with Shannahan @ Easter Illinois(Coach factory)

Born in DeKalb

Bring in the Kid from USC to be OC

Who do we bring in to be D -coordinator?

No thanks. Just because you can't have Shannahan doesn't mean you have to take his roomate from college.

Association with Denver, growing up in Illinois, or being an ex Bear does not qualify you for ANY coaching positions in Chicago IMO.

Interview, look at their body of work, and find the BEST possible candidates and work from there. They need to focus on these coaches work and ability. If one of these guys associated with Cutler and Denver or people that used to play for the Bears are tied with someone else for best candidate available, then fine let that be a tie breaker.

Has anyone ever looked at the Titans and thought,wow, that coach must be an offensive genius?

I'm not trying to burn on you, I just don't see why I read about coaches people want because of the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon.

No thanks. Just because you can't have Shannahan doesn't mean you have to take his roomate from college.

Association with Denver, growing up in Illinois, or being an ex Bear does not qualify you for ANY coaching positions in Chicago IMO.

Interview, look at their body of work, and find the BEST possible candidates and work from there. They need to focus on these coaches work and ability. If one of these guys associated with Cutler and Denver or people that used to play for the Bears are tied with someone else for best candidate available, then fine let that be a tie breaker.

Has anyone ever looked at the Titans and thought,wow, that coach must be an offensive genius?

I'm not trying to burn on you, I just don't see why I read about coaches people want because of the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon.

He also has a very good track-record of success and is a well respected assistant coach in the league. I'd think he'd be a great candidate.

He also has a very good track-record of success and is a well respected assistant coach in the league. I'd think he'd be a great candidate.

Turner could run the type of offense he has ran the last couple years. Shoop could have too. Basically they road their running games back last year. This year the offense started out putrid for the first 6 games.

While he may be respected and a good candidate, I don't think his name would even be mentioned if not for the association of Jay Cutler. I personally think his offense clashes with the direction this team has set itself on with the trade and extension of Jay Cutler.

OK. I'm asusming we can't pull the trigger on a Cowher or Shanny. So Heimerdinger doesn't sound bad to me.

Also, I'd be OK with Grimm in the same thought... He interviewd already and has been pretty decent in AZ. Plus as an OL guy...we are in dire need of improvement there. Hire a OC, like the Coordinator you mention...I think he's at SC...

I think we could find a decent DC working under Ryan in NY. Or maybe even Rob from CLE...

I'm all sorts of behind the idea on getting Russ Grimm. Too bad the Bears missed the boat on Alex Gibbs being available.

Yea, I liked Grimm as well back then. Like how I feel about building up the OL, I too like the idea of OL coaches rising up the ranks. Most OL coaches simply have the demeanor I love.

As for Gibbs, I would have loved to get him too, but there was a bit mroe too it. He retired, was out for a year, and then joined Houston, but there was much in Houston to pull him out of retirement that we didn't posses. Houston has Kubiak, who was the OC in Denver when Gibbs was the OL coach, and further, Houston hired Alex Gibbs son to run, I think, the secondary, so he had an opportunity to work w/ his son. Point is, he had a lot of reason to come out of retirement w/ Houston that just was not there w/ us.

Now, if you are going back to when he left Denver, before picking up w/ Atlanta, that is another story, but I really don't recall the specifics of that.

I'm all sorts of behind the idea on getting Russ Grimm. Too bad the Bears missed the boat on Alex Gibbs being available.