Cutler "Coach Killer"????

azbearsfan

Found this on Jim Trotter twitter

"be careful charlie weis: one of the bears' fired assistants just told me that jay cutler is a "coach killer". "

Sour grapes or truth.....

Sour grapes. He worked great in Denver until they brought in a d-bag of a coach whose first move was to look to replace the teams star QB with a one year "wonder".

Found this on Jim Trotter twitter

"be careful charlie weis: one of the bears' fired assistants just told me that jay cutler is a "coach killer". "

Sour grapes or truth.....

It was either Pep Hamilton or Turner. Turner tried to turn Cutler into Kyle Orton instead of using Cutler the way he has been successful. Pep Hamilton was basically ignored from minute one. The killer was that 3 QBs have been through our system, and every year the offense has been poor. In the end its their own doing on why they are unemployed.

Not only that, but there have been numerous reports of a very icy relationship between Cutler and Pep.

Ron Turner is too much of a professional to say that. Say what you want, but he is a professional and wouldn't stoop to those levesl. I assume it was Pep.

I wouldn't put it past either of those tools to say that. Pure sour grapes from two dickheads who have proven at best to be average coaches and completely over their heads in the NFL.

I also believe it was Pep and then I heard I think it was yesterday morning that Pep was offered a HC job in college. I think I spend the rest of my route dying of laughter. I just couldn't believe that. People spend so much time criticizing Cutler for his 26 INT's he had this year and rightfully so. He had a bad year and I criticized him to but why can't anyone look at the good things that he did. If you remember right coming into this season all the analyst's including some here was screaming about the "VERY BAD" wr crop that we had. Most of us here was at least intelligent enough to realize that it was a very young group and not that it was really bad. Most of us also realized that it would take time for Cutler to be able to click with the WR's crop as well. How many of us thought that he would almost break the Bears record for most passing yards in a single season with this WR crew without getting a #1??? How many of us thought he would throw 27 TD's this past year with this WR crew without getting a #1??? I am guessing not many. Think about this for just a sec. In Denver he had a very good offensive line that excelled at opening up running lanes which also allowed Cutler time to throw. He was also throwing to receivers like Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal and Brandon Stokley and the best he did was in 2008 when he threw for 25 td's. Also in 2008 he only got sacked 11 times as opposed to this past year when he got sacked 35 times. So basically he got sacked more times throwing the ball less and to "very bad WR's" and yet he throws for more TD's. I understand the INT's killed and especially the red zone turnovers but lets not forget about the good things that he did for us.

I also believe it was Pep and then I heard I think it was yesterday morning that Pep was offered a HC job in college. I think I spend the rest of my route dying of laughter. I just couldn't believe that. People spend so much time criticizing Cutler for his 26 INT's he had this year and rightfully so. He had a bad year and I criticized him to but why can't anyone look at the good things that he did. If you remember right coming into this season all the analyst's including some here was screaming about the "VERY BAD" wr crop that we had. Most of us here was at least intelligent enough to realize that it was a very young group and not that it was really bad. Most of us also realized that it would take time for Cutler to be able to click with the WR's crop as well. How many of us thought that he would almost break the Bears record for most passing yards in a single season with this WR crew without getting a #1??? How many of us thought he would throw 27 TD's this past year with this WR crew without getting a #1??? I am guessing not many. Think about this for just a sec. In Denver he had a very good offensive line that excelled at opening up running lanes which also allowed Cutler time to throw. He was also throwing to receivers like Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal and Brandon Stokley and the best he did was in 2008 when he threw for 25 td's. Also in 2008 he only got sacked 11 times as opposed to this past year when he got sacked 35 times. So basically he got sacked more times throwing the ball less and to "very bad WR's" and yet he throws for more TD's. I understand the INT's killed and especially the red zone turnovers but lets not forget about the good things that he did for us.

Very true, and his total yards 3,666 isn't too shabby came pretty close to Kramer's record yardage in a single season. If we'd have had decent offensive output in 2 or 3 of the games where we couldn't find the end zone he'd have broken that record as well as the completions. When the smoke cleared and I looked at his final stats for the year I had to do a double take as agonizingly horrible and difficult to watch as this season had been his stats pretty good considering he had no protection, no run game, a receiving corp with very little experience, and coming in to a new team with new system. When you step back and look at the bigger picture he got a lot out of the hand he was dealt. Then you stop and think if the line had played like they had the last two games of the season imagine what his stats could have looked like. Prior to the Monday night game I had thought that we may have completely ruined a perfectly good franchise QB but I'm pretty confident that Jay will bounce back once the line is shored up and we get decent play calling that capitalizes on his strengths.