PRESS CONFERENCE -- BULL$@!%

Lucky Luciano

PRESS CONFERENCE - ROUGHLY:

TED the head PHILLIPS:

"they (angelo, lovie) welcome change"? since when you idiot. YOU should be changed as the first order of business. after 8 and 6 years respectively, where has the change been? how long do you wait for change from coach and gm? until their contracts expire and your books are still in the black?

"a frustrating season"?? it was a frustrating DECADE teddy boy and we are starting on another frustrating decade!!! well ted, you got continuity alright, more garbage to go along with past garbage.

"our players need to play at a higher level"? hmmm how is that to happen and WHY aren't they playing at a higher level NOW???

they know the "accountability they all have" (angie and lovie)? that may be the biggest joke of all!!! who is accountable for piss poor drafts and piss poor coaching throughout this entire franchise for more than half a decade???

"a constant evaluation process" BY WHO YOU FREAKING IDIOT??? YOU??? how can you evaluate something you don't know a thing about??

"lovie is a tough coach and not because he is soft with his players"? what-ever!!! this guy is dilusional.

"the lowest point in the season for me would have been cinncinnati"? without any doubt, my lowest point of the season is today listening to YOU.

"the changes we are making now are not insignificant"???? are you serious? they are fluff and a slap to every fans face. just come out and say it's about money bean counter cause THAT is the truth!!

"winning is paramount"? then why are we doing the same thing over and over and over especially when everyone but this organization knows exactly what the problems are?

JERRY ANGELO:

it was tough for lovie to make todays decisions (i assume firing turner and the other sacrificial lambs)? christ who is running this insane asylum?

"we will have new coaches and new energy"? "hard to evaluate your own job" maybe THAT'S why we need someone in charge of YOU who knows jack about football... ya think ted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"we don't have a bad roster"? LOL!!!!

he then says "we had problems on defense because of personnel and scheme"? i thought you have a wonderful roster angie.

he then proceeds to evade questions, sidestep, and throw out meaningless nothing.

"we (coaching personnel) work good together as a team" he just signed his death warrant when lovie fails.

these clowns think they don't have to recruit coaches they will just flock here because we are the chicago bears. TOTAL CRAP!!

LOVIE SMITH:

he is "excited to remain in his position" hell what failure wouldn't be excited to be paid millions to continue to do the poor job he has done?

he seems to be happy with our successful scheme and will continue running it. "it worked for our superbowl year". good god what an idiot!! this is just one of the reasons you freaking LOST. because it didn't work!!!

"there were times this past year we were a good football team"? another delusional imbecile.

is happy with and relying on what we have done the past two weeks. arrogant fool.

"there is only so many coverages you can play"? now there is innovation.

"we just didn't have a good year. simple as that." sorry but it's a LOT more than that. there is a reason why you have failed not only this year but at the very least over the last 3.

sorry, but this guy has even less of a clue than my worst nightmare could ever indicated.

and HE says... "lots of coaching candidates wanting to come here". like WHO? other has-beens or cronies you worked with before who have also failed and want to stay out of the bread line?

as vinnie once said... everthing these guys just said is bull$%!# welcome to the same ole same ole.

after the dust settled today, is there ANYBODY besides some of the talking heads in the media that really believes this franchise is NOT cheap?? in the past i have speculated in each of my posts that the mccaskey's "could" be cheap and explained in detail how that "could" be so. now i can flat out say there is no "could" about it. the chicago bear franchise is >>>CHEAP

if not explain to me how these moves have been made, or not made, to make us a better team in 2010 (maybe they believe the world will end in 2012 so why worry about it anyway)? we still have a BAD president, we still have a BAD gm, and we still have a BAD coaching staff. good god, the price of failure is a promotion in this sorry excuse of a franchise as long as you work cheap and keep your mouth shut.

here folks is what a grim future we have to look forward to...

1. we are going to run the same flawed poor system in defense we have for 6 years even after it has been proven on the field a failure. if lovie hasn't made any adjustments or changes in this defense in SIX YEARS how long does it take him to get it and what hope have we he will in the future? what is going to be different next year or the year after? the hope for better players to play in a BAD system that will bring the level of play up to mediocre?

just for curiosities sake what do we now call baboonich? has he been demoted from his DC position now or is he the co-owner of this edsel of a defense?

please tell me, even without his buddy marinelli who in the holy hell would come into this system as a lovie puppet with no control of his own defense that is worth a tinkers dam?

even if we improve to say a 10 and 6 team and make an in-and-out appearance as a wild card is that enough to keep lovie and angelo on after NEXT year? can this system we employ really win us superbowls (plural)? how long do we hang around in this type of slot before we finally realize the system is flawed and clean house? long enough to burn out our franchise qb's chances to really make a difference in chicago and be real perenial superbowl contenders?

we are wasting a franchise qb's productive years by keeping this mess in motion and it just proves we wouldn't know what to do with one if we had one.

2. we are keeping a gm who has exactly done what? left us with a talent pool similar to when wanny was demoted and eventually fired. hell, even throwing darts at a list of draft names on the wall ANYONE could have picked as well or better than jerry angelo over EIGHT FREAKING YEARS!!! plus, as gm does he really have the power of a gm anyway? if so is it his decision to keep lovie and the rest of the idiots and think that by adding yet more cronies to lovies staff is fooling anyone? just what purpose does this drone serve?? just another body to divert attention from the owners complete incompetence and take their heat?

3. we still have nobody in this entire franchise who knows anything more than the failure gm we still employ or what to do about it. the president running this zoo is a football imbecile yet he controls the health of this franchise in his leger book. it's disgusting.

4. owners: they are not only dumb, cheap owners they are stupid owners too. although there is nothing we can do with what we are saddled with, the owners of this franchise put more stock in dollars and CENTS than plain old common SENSE. they don't care about the fans, they really can't care whether the end results of the product they put on the field fails or not and in fact don't care about anything except the bottom line profits.

final conclusions... the freaking planets actually aligned again (similar to when we passed on drew brees) and 3 superbowl winning very, very good football minds and head coaches appear on the market just when we desperately need a president, gm and head coach. as usual we do absolutely nothing and drag our feet until they are gone and give a vote of confidence to losers we owe money to.

it's business as usual at halas hall.

There are two things that really angered me.

1. Ted Phillips talking about continuity and how it gives us the best chance to win. If we have missed the playoffs 3 straight years in a row, does that lead you to believe that things are going the right way and that change is not in order?

2. Lovie saying the thing that absolutely no fan wants to hear and that is about his crappy scheme. He uses the line "Well it worked when we went to the Superbowl so you know it will work." Does this guy think WE are that stupid or is HE that stupid? I mean come on! It's obvious that this problem can't be fixed in one year, you need the perfect players to work in the cover 2 scheme and we have aging veterans who are no longer playing up to where they were 4 years ago when we were one of the best defenses in the NFL. Why not change to a 3-4? The NFL has adjusted to the Cover 2, but Lovie thinks we can just do the same thing over and over again and expect different results. Isn't that the definition of insanity?! Screw the scheme, I'm sick and tired of it.

I did not even last to hear the rest of Angelo's spin on the s*^t coming out of the auditorium at Halas Hall today. Phillips proved once again that he is not a football mind and is completely satisfied with the status quo and sold Virginia and Mikey on it as well. Phillips talked about consistency, consistency failing to make this franchise a better team is not acceptable. If the team has the financial resources to eat the two moron contracts that would come with firing Angelo and Smith that should have been done. Phillips also talked about accountability and that management listens to the fans is totally BS. If they were listening to the fans Angelo and Smith would have been fired yesterday and the search for a new coach would be happening. I wish I had Warren Buffet's or Bill Gates' money so that I could have some how gone in and bought this team and started the process of cleaning house. Lackeys serving in subordinate positions only goes to prove one thing, the McCaskey Family does not get it and it is highly doubtful that the McCaskey family will ever get it. Looks like we are in for another repeat of the 2009 season in 2010, which was a repeat of the 2008 season which of course was a repeat of the 2007 season. Smith's system is flawed and bringing in other so called coaches who Smith has the final say on hiring only guarantees another year of mediocrity for this once proud franchise. Until there seems to be someone with a brain running this team for the McCaskeys, we the Bears Nation will have to get used to the status quo year in and year out.

Ha! i hear ya!

1. What, we wanted to mess up the continuity of not making the playoffs? Swell.

2. It didn't work. We lost the damn game as Lucky pointed out. I am only willin to go to the well if actual success occurred.

1. Ted Phillips talking about continuity and how it gives us the best chance to win. If we have missed the playoffs 3 straight years in a row, does that lead you to believe that things are going the right way and that change is not in order?

2. Lovie saying the thing that absolutely no fan wants to hear and that is about his crappy scheme. He uses the line "Well it worked when we went to the Superbowl so you know it will work." Does this guy think WE are that stupid or is HE that stupid? I mean come on! It's obvious that this problem can't be fixed in one year, you need the perfect players to work in the cover 2 scheme and we have aging veterans who are no longer playing up to where they were 4 years ago when we were one of the best defenses in the NFL. Why not change to a 3-4? The NFL has adjusted to the Cover 2, but Lovie thinks we can just do the same thing over and over again and expect different results. Isn't that the definition of insanity?! Screw the scheme, I'm sick and tired of it.

chitownman,

You said it...

This franchise is in dire straits.

I did not even last to hear the rest of Angelo's spin on the s*^t coming out of the auditorium at Halas Hall today. Phillips proved once again that he is not a football mind and is completely satisfied with the status quo and sold Virginia and Mikey on it as well. Phillips talked about consistency, consistency failing to make this franchise a better team is not acceptable. If the team has the financial resources to eat the two moron contracts that would come with firing Angelo and Smith that should have been done. Phillips also talked about accountability and that management listens to the fans is totally BS. If they were listening to the fans Angelo and Smith would have been fired yesterday and the search for a new coach would be happening. I wish I had Warren Buffet's or Bill Gates' money so that I could have some how gone in and bought this team and started the process of cleaning house. Lackeys serving in subordinate positions only goes to prove one thing, the McCaskey Family does not get it and it is highly doubtful that the McCaskey family will ever get it. Looks like we are in for another repeat of the 2009 season in 2010, which was a repeat of the 2008 season which of course was a repeat of the 2007 season. Smith's system is flawed and bringing in other so called coaches who Smith has the final say on hiring only guarantees another year of mediocrity for this once proud franchise. Until there seems to be someone with a brain running this team for the McCaskeys, we the Bears Nation will have to get used to the status quo year in and year out.

Many of us wanted Cowher. Jeff Fisher is well liked by most of us on the forum. I never cared for Holmgren, probably because he was HC of GBP but he was considered a very good HC. I am sure there was a time when fans wanted them fired as well when they missed the playoffs three years in a row.

If Smith is able to guide the Bears back into the playoffs in 2010, he wouldn’t be the first NFL coach to experience a three-year drought between post-season appearances with the same team. Bill Cowher did it Pittsburgh, as did Mike Holmgren in Seattle and Jeff Fisher in Tennessee.

I think the moves today "COULD BE" significant enough to change things around. I want to wait and see who is brought in as OC & DC before I totally evaluate what I heard and saw at the news conference.

#2 is exactly what stuck in my throat, Lovie still defending his scheme! THE SCHEME SUCKS! The rest of the league does NOT use it like he does....at least not the successful teams. The scheme does not work and won't work. And Lovie's insistence on the scheme being sound worried me about what potential the team has regardless of whether they have the best players or not....

What I got out of this.... other than a severe drop in IQ points.

- Bears management's theme song is Walking Contradiction by Green Day. We need major changes..... we like the people we have. We need to bring in new ideas... we like our system whoever comes in will run out system on both sides of the ball..... It was like listening to someone playing themselves in table tennis each statement seemingly contradicted by the next. Status quo isn't good enough but we like our sturcture and we feel we can win with what we have. :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

- We will bring in new OC and new DC but they will be puppets running our system and must agree to do so in order to be considered. So let me ask why bother changing the curtains when the window itself is shattered?

- Brian is being snubbed by Mikey and Virginia and shame on them.

- As usual no direct answers to any questions outside of vague generalities.

- WE ARE SCREWED!!!

- Money being an issue was brought up but questions dodged, translation.... you bet money was a big part of the decision.

- Lovie is like that kid with the square peg frustrated at the round hole thinking it's gotta work, just need to trust me and I can make it happen.

- did I mention we're screwed?

Perfect analysis!

What I got out of this.... other than a severe drop in IQ points.

- Bears management's theme song is Walking Contradiction by Green Day. We need major changes..... we like the people we have. We need to bring in new ideas... we like our system whoever comes in will run out system on both sides of the ball..... It was like listening to someone playing themselves in table tennis each statement seemingly contradicted by the next. Status quo isn't good enough but we like our sturcture and we feel we can win with what we have. :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

- We will bring in new OC and new DC but they will be puppets running our system and must agree to do so in order to be considered. So let me ask why bother changing the curtains when the window itself is shattered?

- Brian is being snubbed by Mikey and Virginia and shame on them.

- As usual no direct answers to any questions outside of vague generalities.

- WE ARE SCREWED!!!

- Money being an issue was brought up but questions dodged, translation.... you bet money was a big part of the decision.

- Lovie is like that kid with the square peg frustrated at the round hole thinking it's gotta work, just need to trust me and I can make it happen.

- did I mention we're screwed?

#2 is exactly what stuck in my throat, Lovie still defending his scheme! THE SCHEME SUCKS! The rest of the league does NOT use it like he does....at least not the successful teams. The scheme does not work and won't work. And Lovie's insistence on the scheme being sound worried me about what potential the team has regardless of whether they have the best players or not....

I think the scary thing is that Lovie really does not understand defense. Honestly it seems to me he was taught the defense by Monte Kiffin and Tony Dungy but really never understood it enough to be able to adapt it to circumstances. He is doomed to trot out the same tired and exploited scheme for another season.

As for the coordinators, it does not matter who they bring in, the three stooges already said at the press conference that the coordinators would run Lovie's schemes.

The McCaskey family should be embarassed by their actions. I don't care if they think this is a good business decision, they are further cementing their reputation as complete idiots.

The entire pro football profession is jointly laughing at the McCaskey's and the Bears.

Green Bay, Minny and even Detroit fans are giddy that we're doomed for at least one more season.

It's just insulting to us fans...

The McCaskey family should be embarassed by their actions. I don't care if they think this is a good business decision, they are further cementing their reputation as complete idiots.