Jarrett Payton to play Indoor Football

flea

Jarrett Payton to play indoors for Slaughter

January 7, 2010 10:12 AM By Fred Mitchell

Jarrett Payton, son of the late Bears' Hall of Fame running back Walter Payton, has signed to play indoor-league football with the Chicago Slaughter.

Payton will wear his father's famous No. 34 jersey when the Slaughter begins Indoor Football League play on Feb. 27 for coach Steve McMichael, a former teammate of Payton's father.

Jarrett Payton played his college ball at Miami (Fla.) before briefly becoming a member of the Tennessee Titans. Payton last played for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League.

The Slaughter, which plays at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, won the Continental Indoor Football League title in 2009.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/mt-se...10&limit=20

Jarrett Payton, son of the late Bears' Hall of Fame running back Walter Payton, has signed to play indoor-league football with the Chicago Slaughter.

Payton will wear his father's famous No. 34 jersey when the Slaughter begins Indoor Football League play on Feb. 27 for coach Steve McMichael, a former teammate of Payton's father.

Jarrett Payton played his college ball at Miami (Fla.) before briefly becoming a member of the Tennessee Titans. Payton last played for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League.

The Slaughter, which plays at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, won the Continental Indoor Football League title in 2009.

I was just looking at the Slaughter schedule today. The stadium is about 45 minutes from my house and the tickets are cheap. I figured I could take my son and nephew to a few games. Sounds like a plan now.

Peace :dabears

I was just looking at the Slaughter schedule today. The stadium is about 45 minutes from my house and the tickets are cheap. I figured I could take my son and nephew to a few games. Sounds like a plan now.

Peace :dabears

If your going let me know maybe we could sort something out for a programme?I haveones from NFL/NFLE/AFL/AFL2/CFL/Amateur games/College & wouldn't mind adding one from CIFL.

Hmmm...a new team to distract myself with. Seems more Bear-like than the current product... ;)

Thanks for the news flea!

Partial roster

Lionel Williams DL 6'4 250 Southern Illinois/Chicago Slaughter

DaJuan Warren WR 6'2 220 University of Illinois/bloomigton extreme

Malcolm Woolridge OL 6'4 320 Kansas State

Chris Nendick PK 5'10 185 Northern Illinois / Slaughter

Chris Pisani DL 6'3 290 Oberline College / Slaughter

Shatone Powers WR 6'1 185 NIU / Miwaukee (CIFL)

Rasche Hill OL 6'6 335 NIU / Slaughter

Lenny Radtke LB 6'2 230 North Central / Slaughter

Tim McManigal LB 6’1 240 New Mexico State

Paul Szczesny LB 6'1 255

Jason Baksas OL 6'7 335 Western Illinois / Slaughter

Jon Binish OL 6'2 300 /Slaughter

Brandon Fields DB 5'11 200 Tennessee Tech / Slaughter

Jarrett Payton RB 6'0 220 Miami /Toronto Argonauts (CFL)

Jeff Roehl OL Northwestern / NY Giants

Slaughter roster takes shape

From Daily Herald News ServicesPublished: 1/13/2010 12:01 AM.Send To:

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=350406

Last week the Slaughter signed Jarrett Payton, son of legendary Chicago Bears great Walter Payton, as the team's running back for the 2010 season,

Among the returning players is star defensive back Dennison Robinson, who was AFL Defensive MVP in 2008.

Place kicker Chris Nendick returns after completing a record-breaking season in 2009 culminating in 52-yard field goal in the championship game and leading the Slaughter to an undefeated perfect season and the 2009 CIFL Championship. The former NIU star and Naperville native averaged nearly 9 points a game in 2009.

Also joining the 2010 roster are Orland Park native and former NFL offensive lineman Jeff Roehl and Florida State wide receiver D'Cody Fagg. Roehl played college ball for Notre Dame before transferring to Northwestern, where he played offensive guard and eventually helped the Wildcats win the Big Ten Conference Championship in 2000. He has also spent time with the New York Giants, Seattle Seahawks and New England Patriots.

Fagg had 54 catches for 758 yards as a senior for FSU in 2007 and led the team with 5 touchdown receptions.

Other players returning in the 2010 season include defensive linemen Lionel Williams and Chris Pisani, defensive back, Brandon Fields, linebacker Lenny Radtke, and offensive linemen Jon Binish, Jason Bakas and Rasche Hill.

"We're very excited to be putting together such a strong veteran roster this early in the signing process," said Alan Perkins, Slaughter general manager. "We anticipate a great start in the IFL come February kick-off."

Offensive coordinator Pat Pistorio will also return for the 2010 season. During the 2009 season, Pistorio's offense averaged a league leading 65 points per game. Keith Hac will return as Defensive Coordinator for the Slaughter 2010 season.

Slaughter fans may purchase tickets by calling the Slaughter office at (847) 310-3190 or visiting the team's website atchicagoslaughter.com.