no football in 2011????

sussnk

I know the strike years weren't good, but was it areally a bust per se? The expectation had to be low I imagine.

I just don't know enough about the details.

I know many a person that rooted the helmet, and in fact, i recall a guy that played QB for the Saints that actually did well and had some nibble after. i think he was a high school teacher or something.

yes it was a bust season that they tried to salvage with luke warm success by ending the strike. the actual games were attended, if i remember right, less than even preseason games. i believe when the strike happened buddy ryan (maybe ditka too?) told their respective teams not to walk the line which they ALL did not if i remember correctly. that said, there were a few scab nfl players who did cross the line throughout the league but i never remember them refusing the benefits won by the nfl players union that they didn't stand behind.

1987 was a sad ending for walter paytons career (who to his fantastic credit DID stand fast in solidarity).

I'd certainly like to read up on that time a little more. My recollection of it just isn't that good. Probably for a good reason!

yes it was a bust season that they tried to salvage with luke warm success by ending the strike. the actual games were attended, if i remember right, less than even preseason games. i believe when the strike happened buddy ryan (maybe ditka too?) told their respective teams not to walk the line which they ALL did not if i remember correctly. that said, there were a few scab nfl players who did cross the line throughout the league but i never remember them refusing the benefits won by the nfl players union that they didn't stand behind.

1987 was a sad ending for walter paytons career (who to his fantastic credit DID stand fast in solidarity).

and as usual you have come to the wrong conclusions and add nothing even mildly important to the conversation with the exception of the usual jibes and acidic giant-head wit expected from an infantile meglomaniac.

Oh geez choad - you are such a weenie-head.

Anyone that knows me knows that I'm an adolescent meglomaniac.

It's very possible that I did miss you point because you hid it somewhere in a bunch of irrelevant crap.