Hypothetical situation

xvflutop

I am honestly not sure how much of a grudge he has with the team. Many players still on the team today were close with him and in his corner then. Also, while he didn't have the role here he wanted, he was granted his request for a trade, and the team didn't hold him captive as we have seen in situations like Az/Boldin or Carolina/Peppers. So I am not sure Angelo, Lovie or the team itself would prevent him from coming here.

His role here however is another story. The key reason he wanted out was the believe he was a #1, everydown workhorse back. While we want to add a RB, Forte very much remains a key player in our plans going forward. Any RB we add would, at best, serve in a dual role. That simply is not what TJ wanted then, and still not what he wants today. TJ is coming off a very productive season, and has plenty of reason to believe he deserves a workhorse back role, but that is simply not what he would get if he were here. Even if he were considered the #1 RB here, which is very much questionable, he would share snaps and not get the numbers he is looking for.

I would also add money is likely a factor. TJ seems to have a gripe about his pay every couple years, and today is no different. He was paid well in NY, but even then complained he wanted more. TJ is not likely to accept the sort of money we are likely planning to spend on a 2nd RB. TJ will be seeking a team which will offer him a nearly uncontested #1 role, and a contract to match such expectations. That is not what he will find in Chicago.

I honestly don't think he would want to come back to this organization, let alone be the #2

If he is cut, I could see TJ considering DENVER, SD, or even possibly WASH.

Yeah, there are plenty of teams in need of a starting back with Jones' skill set. Seattle could be on that list, as could Houston. I'd be very surprised if he wanted to pass on the chance to keep starting in order to come to Chicago and be in a timeshare. That said, if he wanted to, I'd be all for paying him whatever he wants.

Not me. As good as TJ is, I also consider him a cancer. I fully believe he was key in the Benson drama. Not only creating a locker room rift, but also seemingly to always be unhappy with his contract. Then he gets his wish, goes to NY, who pays him what he wanted, but within a year or two, he was crying how he was underpaid and wanted a new deal. The guy is simply never happy, and always outspoken about it.

There are plenty of questions right now about Forte, but I have no doubt in my mind that adding TJ would kill any potential Forte has.

Yeah, there are plenty of teams in need of a starting back with Jones' skill set. Seattle could be on that list, as could Houston. I'd be very surprised if he wanted to pass on the chance to keep starting in order to come to Chicago and be in a timeshare. That said, if he wanted to, I'd be all for paying him whatever he wants.

He was answering a direct question, from a chicago based sports talk show if he would like to come to Chicago. He said, "I would love to play in Chicago; I would love to play anywhere,"

Lets not pretend he went out of his way to state his desire to play for Chicago. Sounds more like a guy who just wants a job.

Look, Westbrook was a God in PPR Fantasy Leagues, but when a RB is done, they are usually done. He is 30 now, and will be 31 by the start of the season. 30 is usually a pretty sharp dropoff for RBs, and he already showed his drop. Not often RBs get better after 30.

He has suffered concussions and from what I read, his legs are gone. I agree we need RB depth, but do not agree we need to go out after every known name out there. When players like Westbrook and LT hit the market, there is a reason for it.

Besides that fact, I personally don't think he is even the type of back we need. Forte has struggled, due in part to his running style, to pickup short yardage 1st downs. We need a powerful back that can put his head down and pick up and automatic couple yards every time. Westbrooks game is too similar to Fortes. We need a compliment, not a mirror image.

Well it appears Westbrook has publicly stated that he would like to come to Chicago and be Forte's backup. Thoughts on that?

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4949076

Good points....

Based on your comments, I think I'd prefer to pass...

He was answering a direct question, from a chicago based sports talk show if he would like to come to Chicago. He said, "I would love to play in Chicago; I would love to play anywhere,"

Lets not pretend he went out of his way to state his desire to play for Chicago. Sounds more like a guy who just wants a job.

Look, Westbrook was a God in PPR Fantasy Leagues, but when a RB is done, they are usually done. He is 30 now, and will be 31 by the start of the season. 30 is usually a pretty sharp dropoff for RBs, and he already showed his drop. Not often RBs get better after 30.

He has suffered concussions and from what I read, his legs are gone. I agree we need RB depth, but do not agree we need to go out after every known name out there. When players like Westbrook and LT hit the market, there is a reason for it.

Besides that fact, I personally don't think he is even the type of back we need. Forte has struggled, due in part to his running style, to pickup short yardage 1st downs. We need a powerful back that can put his head down and pick up and automatic couple yards every time. Westbrooks game is too similar to Fortes. We need a compliment, not a mirror image.