Bored at Work Poll....

Guest TerraTor

Loved player is a tie between Sweetness and Butkus but if I had to chose, I'd go with Payton. Hated player? I could never hate a Bears player but I certainly can dislike some and right now, my alltime dislike is for Tommie Harris. I am sick and tired of hearing what's gonna happen next week, next month, next season. I want to see it NOW. Too much talking and too many excuses have left me cold. My favorite coach was Gibron. He was bad but Jesus he was a lovable guy. My least favorite is Smith.

Apples and oranges.

Wanny did have very little to work with. Jauron had little on offense, but had quite a bit on defense. The big boys in the middle, Url in his prime, Mike Brown in his prime, Rosie Colvin, etc were something to behold.

Ditka did have loads of talent. And guess what!? They won a Super Bowl! In fact, the most memorable Super Bowl in the history of the universe! They went to the NFC champ game before the SB, they lost to Super Bowl winning Wash the 2 years after '85 (year 2, '86 was the Giants), lost to SB champion record setting SF in 88 in the NFC champ game, botched it in 1989..., lost to the SB champion Giants in the divisional round in 1990, lost to the Cowboys in the wild card in 1991, had a bad year in 1992...and was unceremoniously let go by Mikey McCaskey. That's pretty good in all honesty.

Should it have been more than one SB? We would all like to think so, no? What to you think 49'ers, Giants, Redskins and Coboys fans think? To me, it rested with McMahon. The moment that cheap shot artist in GB took him out, we jumped the shark. We haven't had a legit QB since Cutler arrived. So, I don't blame Ditka for not getting us there. I blame Green Bay for KO'ing our QB. F Green Bay.

Is Ditka over-rated? No more or less than any other genius coach. Walsh? He didn't win w/o talent. Etc. Shouldn't have the 49'ers won more with all that talent and genius?

I, personally, am thankful for we had. Did I, do I, want more? Yes! But Ditka was a positive part of that, and was, I think a chief reason we did so well afterwards. it could have been worse. It could have been Smith. One Super Bowl...a loss at that, then 3 miserable years and counting.

Sarah Palin has a SLN skit, as do many others, so......

I know how most Bear fans feel, and in so many ways I do love Da Coach. At the same time, when looking at a coach, I have to ask if they did the most with what they had. Wanny had no talent to work with. You can blame him, but (a) that is knocking Wanny as a personnel guy and (B) our organizational structure then was a joke, which he had to work within. Jauron didn't have jack for talent.

Ditka had loads of talent to work with, and most bear fans would agree, that team should have been a dynasty, and not a one SB team. Yea, that one year was incredible, but it should not have been only one year. Do we win that SB if Buddy isn't the DC? Look at all the HOF talent on that team. It should have won far more, and more than most other reasons, I blame Ditka for the dismantling of that team.

I know how controversial it is to say, but as great as that one season is, when talking about Ditka, I can't help but to think he is over-rated and if he were truly a good, much less great coach, we would have won so much more.

When I go to choose the one player that pissed me off the most it would have to go to the player who I thought had the most talent and totally wasted his chances in the NFL because of the lack of grey matter between the ears, David Terrell.

When I chose my favorite since I am a huge fan of nasty defense I have to go with Butkus. There was no Bear as nasty as Butkus on the field.

I loved Payton but he wasn't nasty, he was "Sweetness".

I love Urlacher but he isn't nasty enough to be my number 1.

Pix this is a rarity for me to even slightly disagree with you but, Payton's legendary stiff arm and his blocking were not sweet to opponents.

Most hated player for me is Tommie Harris...the guy has all the talent in the world and is a major pissant

Most loved player is without a doubt Payton. Like many others he is my earliest memory of the Bears, being drafted the year I was born. I love the guy for the effort and passion he gave the the team I love.

Hated coach has to be Jauron. You talk about Ditka destroying a team? Jauron had one of the most dominant defenses in the NFL and he pissed it away because of a complete and total lack of a brain when it came to getting someone to run an offense. We had 3 or 4 seasons of very good chances to get to and win a Super Bowl if we had any semblance of an offense during his tenure here.

3 or 4 seasons?

As I recall, we had ONE season under Jauron with a dominating defense (2001). The following year we lost like half our defense to injury, and it never regained form. Part of the issue IMHO was also Jauron and Angelo always being at odds. Jauron had one style of defense, but after 2001, Angelo began assembling talent for a very different defense.

No argument about the offense, but I don't know how you get 3 or 4 seasons of our having very good chances at the SB, or having more than one season with a dominant defense.

Most hated player for me is Tommie Harris...the guy has all the talent in the world and is a major pissant

Most loved player is without a doubt Payton. Like many others he is my earliest memory of the Bears, being drafted the year I was born. I love the guy for the effort and passion he gave the the team I love.

Hated coach has to be Jauron. You talk about Ditka destroying a team? Jauron had one of the most dominant defenses in the NFL and he pissed it away because of a complete and total lack of a brain when it came to getting someone to run an offense. We had 3 or 4 seasons of very good chances to get to and win a Super Bowl if we had any semblance of an offense during his tenure here.

3 or 4 seasons?

As I recall, we had ONE season under Jauron with a dominating defense (2001). The following year we lost like half our defense to injury, and it never regained form. Part of the issue IMHO was also Jauron and Angelo always being at odds. Jauron had one style of defense, but after 2001, Angelo began assembling talent for a very different defense.

No argument about the offense, but I don't know how you get 3 or 4 seasons of our having very good chances at the SB, or having more than one season with a dominant defense.

I went back to look at the stats, and I guess my Bears colored glasses blinded me to the fact that the D was as bad as the offense in every year but '01...Ah well...it doesn't change the fact that I still can't stand Jauron...