What I like About M Tice...

Pixote

Mike Tice, when he was a HC in MIN, was an asshole if you ask me. Maybe it was just because he was HC of a rival, but I pure and simple did not like him.

As a OLC I absolutely love what I am seeing.

First off, after years and years of OLCs for the Bears insisting on "steping back into the bucket" and "zone blocking" Tice appears to be on the same page as I am, aggressive smash mough football on the OL. Pancake blocks, kick the guys ass. Move forward on the snap and get the advantage.

Secondly, he seems to actually evaluate players and develop them. In the past would we be seeing the emergence of Lance Louis and J Asiata? Both of these guys intrigue me. I do not know if they will wind up being starters or not but I bet you without the change of OLC this year we would not have heard their names being spoken except as possible backups or practice squad players.

It seems like Tice does not take anything for granted and refuses to accept status quo. He is going to give everyone an equal chance and he is going to care less about draft position, salary, previous experience for the most part, he is going to put the best 5 guys out there on the OL no matter what and could give a rats ass about histrionics.

I personally love it. Who knows what we have? I sure like what I am hearing from camp.

Much like Martz does, I like the level of detail Tice pushes on the Oline. It's easy to say all the coaches in the past did this too but little by little we read about how the guys all across the offense are working on stuff they never worked on before. Basic things like the WRs getting off press coverage, Cutler starting all over with his fundamentals, Oline seems to be getting a lot more detail on their techniques as well via Tice. You are right, with this type of coaching it appears we are seeing players develop. I'm anxious to see the first preseason game to get a feel for what this new offense looks like.

Just like Rodman...at least he's our a-hole now!

I too like what I've been hearing about him. He appears to be a great upgrade from the forer coord..

Mike Tice, when he was a HC in MIN, was an asshole if you ask me. Maybe it was just because he was HC of a rival, but I pure and simple did not like him.

As a OLC I absolutely love what I am seeing.

First off, after years and years of OLCs for the Bears insisting on "steping back into the bucket" and "zone blocking" Tice appears to be on the same page as I am, aggressive smash mough football on the OL. Pancake blocks, kick the guys ass. Move forward on the snap and get the advantage.

Secondly, he seems to actually evaluate players and develop them. In the past would we be seeing the emergence of Lance Louis and J Asiata? Both of these guys intrigue me. I do not know if they will wind up being starters or not but I bet you without the change of OLC this year we would not have heard their names being spoken except as possible backups or practice squad players.

It seems like Tice does not take anything for granted and refuses to accept status quo. He is going to give everyone an equal chance and he is going to care less about draft position, salary, previous experience for the most part, he is going to put the best 5 guys out there on the OL no matter what and could give a rats ass about histrionics.

I personally love it. Who knows what we have? I sure like what I am hearing from camp.

I think most of the reason Bears fans didn't like him is he was an aggressive and outspoken coach of a rival.....I have to say that he impresses me so far and I hope that he is able to make the O Line better!

I completely agree. At least he is giving everyone a chance to start. Pix is right. My prime example is Asiata. He was an UDFA(don't remember the year, but don't care either) has yet to actually make our team and here we are hearing word that not only does he stand a great chance to make the team, he actually has a chance to Start. That to me speaks volumes for Tice. Of course, mine and everyone elses opinions may completely change once we see the team out on the field in game situations.