Hester WR vs Hester PR

adam

47 Punt Returns - 3 TD, 0 Receptions - 0 TD

42 Punt Returns - 4 TD, 20 Receptions - 2 TD

32 Punt Returns - 0 TD, 51 Receptions - 3 TD

24 Punt Returns - 0 TD, 57 Receptions - 3 TD

9 Punt Returns - 1 TD, 6 Receptions - 1 TD

He is much more explosive and valuable to the team as a returner first and WR second. In 2008 and 2009 when he was a WR first, all those extra touches resulted in less scores than when he was a PR first. This year is the same, more punt returns than receptions, and 2 TDs in 3 games total. Also, I am not even taking into account KRs.

I don't know if this is something they are doing with him but vs GB it looked like he was going to break it every time he got the ball. I foresee good field position for us in the future again.

Guest TerraTor

He is much more explosive and valuable to the team as a returner first and WR second. In 2008 and 2009 when he was a WR first, all those extra touches resulted in less scores than when he was a PR first. This year is the same, more punt returns than receptions, and 2 TDs in 3 games total. Also, I am not even taking into account KRs.

I don't know if this is something they are doing with him but vs GB it looked like he was going to break it every time he got the ball. I foresee good field position for us in the future again.

add in the KO return TDs and its even more of a No-Brainer

Agree, yep, for sure, I know, how true I would rather have him just do returns.

I think Hester has improved significantly as a WR. Nobody talked about his great catch against the Packers. He was double covered deep in the endzone and went up and caught the ball, his momentum carried him out of the endzone so no TD. Still it was a great catch and the kind of adjustment to the ball up high I had never seen before from him. I think we have a lot more good things to come from Hester this season.

I think Hester has improved significantly as a WR. Nobody talked about his great catch against the Packers. He was double covered deep in the endzone and went up and caught the ball, his momentum carried him out of the endzone so no TD. Still it was a great catch and the kind of adjustment to the ball up high I had never seen before from him. I think we have a lot more good things to come from Hester this season.

If you saw the Dallas game that catch was similar and his adjustment to stay in bounds was also a testament to him being improved at the WR position. With that being said I still beliieve that Hester changes the game dramatically field position-wise when it comes to returns and if you are a field position,defensive and turnover based team( Lovie I hope you're listening)he is worth every penny doing what he was drafted to do return kicks. Me thinks he should be the primary returner again and create havoc on offense with 15 bto 20 plays where the defense has to figure out where he is on the field and he becomes an even bigger asset. With rumors swirling that the Giants have instructed their punter to not kick to Hester he has a team game planning for him again and that is a good thing.