One month out - Mock Draft

ASHKUM BEAR

It's still slow in Bear talk, so I'll do my 4th Mock draft. Pick your favorite or make one yourself.

RD1 Rodney Hudson G Florida St.

RD2 Terrell McClain DT USF

RD3 Terrance Tolliver WR LSU

RD4 Rashad Carmichael CB Vir Tech

RD5 Jake Kirkpatrick C TCU

RD6 Nathan Enderle QB Idaho

or

RD1 Corey Liguet DT IL

RD2 Titus Young WR Boise St

RD3 John Moffitt G Wis

RD4 Tim Barnes C Mizzou

RD5 Mistral Raymond CB USF

RD6 Alex Henery P/K Neb

When we do the mock draft contest, dont want any of you guys stealing my picks. :banghead

rd 1) Watkins/OG/TCU

rd 2) Nevis/DT/LSU

rd 3) Patrick/CB/Lou

rd 4) Pettis/WR/Boise S

rd 5) linnerholt/C/ Ore S

rd 6) Yates/QB/NC probably more of what I want than they will do. But hope they just pick the BPA, as is the best way to do it.

While I'd be happy with Liguet, Hudson is a reach at #1. He seems to be regarded as a late 2nd rounder. Scoutsinc has him ranked at #70 and nfldraftcountdown has him going #57 to the Seahawks.

That being said, I could easily see Angelo trading down. When you look at first round talent, there are 4 offensive tackles (Smith, Solder, Costonzo, Camrini), 3 DT's (Dareus, Fairly, Liguet), and 1 guard (Pouncey). If those 8 guys are gone by the time we pick, I could easily see us dropping into the 2nd. I'd have no problem with this as there doesn't seem to be a huge drop between #29 and #50.

The fun part is, you never know how the draft will shake out. Two of Angelo's best picks were Tommie & Olsen. Both those guys were projected to go much higher but fell to the Bears.

It's still slow in Bear talk, so I'll do my 4th Mock draft. Pick your favorite or make one yourself.

or

RD1 Corey Liguet DT IL

RD3 John Moffitt G Wis

RD4 Tim Barnes C Mizzou

RD6 Alex Henery P/K Neb

I like this overall, but McClain would be a big reach in the 2nd. He's more of a 4th-round type player...CBS Sports has him as the 15th-best defensive tackle, and 146th-best prospect overall. If he's your guy, you could definitely still get him in the 3rd, which would free up the 2nd for a better WR than Toliver. Also, I'm not as down on Hudson as some people: I wouldn't really have a problem with spending a 1st on him, especially if Pouncey's gone. To me, Hudson looks like an immediate starter at LG and then a Pro Bowl center a year or two down the line.

RD1 Corey Liguet DT IL

RD3 John Moffitt G Wis

RD4 Tim Barnes C Mizzou

RD6 Alex Henery P/K Neb

If we could get Liuget, that would be sweet. Dude would make a great replacement for Tommie. Also, I really like Moffitt and think he'll turn into a real mauler at RG. Titus Young I'm not so sure about: it seems to me like he's got a lot of the same skillset that Johnny Knox already brings to the table. I'd rather spend the 2nd on a bigger possession guy like Jon Baldwin.

I like this overall, but McClain would be a big reach in the 2nd. He's more of a 4th-round type player...CBS Sports has him as the 15th-best defensive tackle, and 146th-best prospect overall. If he's your guy, you could definitely still get him in the 3rd, which would free up the 2nd for a better WR than Toliver. Also, I'm not as down on Hudson as some people: I wouldn't really have a problem with spending a 1st on him, especially if Pouncey's gone. To me, Hudson looks like an immediate starter at LG and then a Pro Bowl center a year or two down the line.

If we could get Liuget, that would be sweet. Dude would make a great replacement for Tommie. Also, I really like Moffitt and think he'll turn into a real mauler at RG. Titus Young I'm not so sure about: it seems to me like he's got a lot of the same skillset that Johnny Knox already brings to the table. I'd rather spend the 2nd on a bigger possession guy like Jon Baldwin.

A-Bear might be on to something. A, Lovie, and Marinelli all attended McClains pro day. How often has all three of them been in the same place at the same time.

A-Bear might be on to something. A, Lovie, and Marinelli all attended McClains pro day. How often has all three of them been in the same place at the same time.

Exactly, they are also bringing in their CB for an exclusive workout Mistral Raymond, he's big, played some safety also, and has a skill set similiar to Tillman.

I've heard different scouts say McClain could go RD2 and he is a perfect 3 tech DT. After Liguet, Nevis, and Marvin Austin, McClain is it. He may even slip ahead of Nevis/Austin.

As for Hudson, I see him climbing and passing Pouncey who I personally liked. It's Hudson is almost starter quality at G and can be groomed for Center if needed.

As for the WR Young or Tolliver, yeah I'll pass on Young and only take Tolliver if there is no way to get Greg Little WR NC.

I've heard different scouts say McClain could go RD2 and he is a perfect 3 tech DT. After Liguet, Nevis, and Marvin Austin, McClain is it. He may even slip ahead of Nevis/Austin.

Oh I totally agree that they like the guy and he's a fit for their scheme, I just don't see him going in the 2nd. I'd be really surprised if he wasn't available at their 3rd-round pick. I mean, guys who weren't invited to the Combine are VERY rarely 2nd-round picks. Mike Mitchell was the last one, I think, and that was kind of a shock at the time.

As for where the scouts say he could go, I'm just going off what I read - obviously, I haven't talked to any scouts. NFLDraftScout has McClain as the 17th-best DT, and the #182 prospect overall, which is just a little lower than CBSSports has him. I'd be really surprised if he leapfrogged Nevis or Austin, and both those guys will probably slip to the late 2nd. If they've got their eye on McClain, I think they can wait until the 3rd to grab him.

As for Hudson, I see him climbing and passing Pouncey who I personally liked. It's Hudson is almost starter quality at G and can be groomed for Center if needed.

Yeah, I could see that. Pouncey's snapping issues mean he isn't really a great center prospect like his brother, whereas Hudson looks like he'd be an ideal center. I'd be really happy with picking Hudson.

As for the WR Young or Tolliver, yeah I'll pass on Young and only take Tolliver if there is no way to get Greg Little WR NC.

I saw Charley Casserly talking up Greg Little on NFL Network, and the more I see that guy play the more I think he'd be a great pick. Casserly thought Little's hands were as good as anybody in this WR class, and god knows Cutler could use a big receiver with good hands to go over the middle.

Physically LIttle appears to be the perfect compliment to our WR corps the problem is he is not that great of a route runner. He's not likely to have a big impact in Martz' offense in his first year and might be one of those typical 3 yr WR projects.

Physically LIttle appears to be the perfect compliment to our WR corps the problem is he is not that great of a route runner. He's not likely to have a big impact in Martz' offense in his first year and might be one of those typical 3 yr WR projects.

Yeah, he's got the physical skills to run good routes (great balance, agility, and lower-body power,) but I agree that he'd take some developing. He might be great in year two or three, but he'd probably need to have a very cut-down playbook in his first season. On paper, I'm OK with that - just stick Little at one receiver spot and give him five or six routes, like the Niners did with Crabtree or Ron Turner did with Knox - but that's not really how Martz's offense works. In order for all his pre-snap motion trickery to work, every receiver has to be able to run every route from either the X, Y, or Z spot. It might be hard for Little to make an immediate impact, but I think he'd be very worthwhile in the long run.

Really, that's part of why I think the Bears need to make a major bid for Michael Floyd if he hits the supplemental draft. He's a big physical receiver like Little, with good hands like Little has, but he has far more experience running routes in a pro-style offense. I wouldn't have any problem spending next year's 2nd to get Floyd. That would free the team up to draft o-line and d-line, and it would keep them from overpaying for a WR in free agency.

He's rated as the top WR for 2012. Two DUIs while in college is not a good sign of maturity, or an ability to learn from mistakes.

Did he have another DUI? That would be a bad sign. I thought he just had the two underage drinking tickets (with no driving involved) and the recent DUI. If I were a GM, I'd want to know a LOT about the DUI ticket, but I don't think I'd knock a prospect down for drinking underage in college. To say that's common would be kind of an understatement.

My picks at the moment:

Trade out of first for early 2nd and early 4th

2) Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami

2) Orlando Franklin, OT/OG, Miami

3) James Brewer, OT, Indiana

4) Brandon Hogan, CB, Virginia Tech

4) Brandon Fusco, C, Slippery Rock

5) Karl Klug, DT/DE, Iowa

6) Jabara Williams, OLB, Stephen F. Austin

My picks at the moment:

Trade out of first for early 2nd and early 4th

2) Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami