ProBowl Center Available

BearsFan1974

Roll with both? one has to pan out you would think.

I understand you are saying that he is to be added for depth purposes but,I see that Spencer has not been able to crack the lineup since he arrived at TC and Gourode would be hard pressed to pick it up in what realistically will be about 10 days before the season opener. I still hold out hope that the Bears send the same message that they sent to Johnny Knox to Lance Lois and demote him for Spencer/Garza.

If Garoude is bad then pass...but I don't get that vibe. Put him in, move garza to Louis's spot. Keep Spencer as a back-up or rotation. I like more options on the OL than we currently have. It's a long season...

Again I will state that how long does it take to get all of the Bears protections, line adjustments on blitzes etc.? If it takes 10 days fine then sign him and make it 4 guys on the roster that can play center but no one to play RG.

Again I will state that how long does it take to get all of the Bears protections, line adjustments on blitzes etc.? If it takes 10 days fine then sign him and make it 4 guys on the roster that can play center but no one to play RG.

Aw c'mon man. Everyone knows all a center has to do is hike the ball and block the guy in front of him. ;) The only reason Spencer isn't starting yet is because he sucks - and not because playing center in this offense is particularly complicated and carries a great deal of responsibility. :rolleyes:

Aw c'mon man. Everyone knows all a center has to do is hike the ball and block the guy in front of him. ;) The only reason Spencer isn't starting yet is because he sucks - and not because playing center in this offense is particularly complicated and carries a great deal of responsibility. :rolleyes:

Sarcasm or not, my friend who is a diehard Seahawks fan thought it was hilarious that the Bears picked up Spencer. He mentioned that Spencer had a hard enough getting starts on the Seahawks, and asked if we were up for another Rick Mirer trade.

I don't view that as a very good sign.