Urlacher's mother passes away

flea

Urlacher cont.: "This is a very difficult and emotional time for us and I sincerely ask that you respect our privacy. Thank you."

5 minutes ago

Brad Biggs

Brian Urlacher thru team: "My 1st priority right now is to be with my family as we mourn her loss & make arrangements to lay her to rest."

6 minutes ago

#Bears announce that Brian Urlacher's mother Lavoyda has died.

That is not good...

I hope it's just rumor running wild.

I have only read where his status for Sunday is uncertain...

His status just reported on NFL network is that he will not be at the game on Sunday, His status is undecided for the future and wants privacy,

To me with this report and his mother was classified as "his heart", maybe , just maybe, he might done with the nfl. God I hope not, But it could be.

Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher returned to Halas Hall on Thursday after leaving the team to be with family members as they mourned the death of his mother, Lavoyda Lenard.

It's not certain whether Urlacher will practice Thursday or play Sunday when the Bears visit the New Orleans Saints. He wasn't immediately available for comment.

"I know sometimes when you're going through tough times, the best thing for you to do is get back to something you like doing, and football is very important to Brian," coach Lovie Smith said on Wednesday.

The Bears are giving Urlacher as much time as he needs to deal with the situation.

Link

best wishes to him and his family, while as a fan of football I'd want him out there but, it is just a game and family is far far more important. I'm glad he is back at practice and looks like he'll play Sunday. I would have had no problem had he not been back and wasn't going to play Sunday. Every situation is different and every person mourns in their own way. Brian is/will do what he needs to and the coaches, player, and fans have his back and support whatever that is. Sometimes it is best to get busy doing something you love or something you are used to that is "normal" to keep your mind occupied. Not that you want to forget but to keep you from dwelling on it.