What in the Blue Hell are they thinking?!!

BearsFan1974

WTF is the front office thinking? We traded Orton, and 2 First round picks for Cutler. When this trade was made, it was blatantly obvious that Cutler would be our QB of the future. We have Martz and his complicated offense and the father of the Greatest Show on Turf.

With that being said, why the hell wouldn't the front office give Cutler and this offense the tools needed to succeed in this league? Why would you continue for 3 years running with a below NFL average receiving core and a below average PeeWee football offensive line? And I say below PeeWee because you can tell an 8 year old to get in the way of the kid wearing a different colored jeresy and, after eating a few boogers, will eventually get in the way and block. And we pay the league for the kid to play and the kid's payment for playing might be a pizza or ice cream, both if they played well.

They gave up the farm for Cutler and for what...the chance for opposing defenses to tee off on him repeatedly. Well, for 2 off-seasons in a row, we have failed our QB. We get on him, but why? We are only as strong as our weakest link. Truth be told...OLine, WR, and TE are it. Forte and Jay are the only bright spots on the offensive side of the ball.

Of course our defense will faulter if their on the field after 5 or 6 consecutive 3 and outs. They're friggin' tired!!! Webb, Williams, Garza, Spencer/Louis, Omiyale are pathetic. Carimi has upside. Webb is so horrible they mostly line up the TE on his side and if that TE is Davis...let the fun begin. You might as well have a chimp throw his shit at the opponents roster and whichever name the most crap sticks to gets the sack.

JA needs to pull his head out of his ass and give this team what it needs to produce the way the coaches want. He hired Martz knowing damn well what kind of offense he would run. Why would you not give him the tools to do his job? If you owned a restaurant and you hired the best chef out there to attract customers and help you business, would you sell the ovens and stoves? Would you give him a rickety frying pan and a book of matches? NO BECAUSE HE CAN'T DO HIS JOB WITHOUT THE RIGHT PIECES!!!!

I am just a lowly fan who likes to see his team succeed. I make observations for free, but JA steals a check and gives the fans who pay his check this type of crap. It's like getting a $500 gift card and when you go to use it, you find out it only has $100 left on it. It'll work for a little, but you can't get what you want because you don't have enough.

I feel your pain. I had similar post about 3 years ago. Wonder if we would have been better off keeping Orton and the picks.

The biggest screw up of all was hiring Martz. I'll never be a fan of what he does. He simply destroys QB's. But, that's only part of the point. Martzs' system is simply not suited for the type of QB Cutler is. It's like hiring an Indy car crew chief to run a NASCAR team. It just doesn't fit. Cutler should be in a Steelers, Chargers, Packers and even the Lions type of offense.

1974, you are 100% spot on!

WTF is the front office thinking? We traded Orton, and 2 First round picks for Cutler. When this trade was made, it was blatantly obvious that Cutler would be our QB of the future. We have Martz and his complicated offense and the father of the Greatest Show on Turf.

With that being said, why the hell wouldn't the front office give Cutler and this offense the tools needed to succeed in this league? Why would you continue for 3 years running with a below NFL average receiving core and a below average PeeWee football offensive line? And I say below PeeWee because you can tell an 8 year old to get in the way of the kid wearing a different colored jeresy and, after eating a few boogers, will eventually get in the way and block. And we pay the league for the kid to play and the kid's payment for playing might be a pizza or ice cream, both if they played well.

They gave up the farm for Cutler and for what...the chance for opposing defenses to tee off on him repeatedly. Well, for 2 off-seasons in a row, we have failed our QB. We get on him, but why? We are only as strong as our weakest link. Truth be told...OLine, WR, and TE are it. Forte and Jay are the only bright spots on the offensive side of the ball.

Of course our defense will faulter if their on the field after 5 or 6 consecutive 3 and outs. They're friggin' tired!!! Webb, Williams, Garza, Spencer/Louis, Omiyale are pathetic. Carimi has upside. Webb is so horrible they mostly line up the TE on his side and if that TE is Davis...let the fun begin. You might as well have a chimp throw his shit at the opponents roster and whichever name the most crap sticks to gets the sack.

JA needs to pull his head out of his ass and give this team what it needs to produce the way the coaches want. He hired Martz knowing damn well what kind of offense he would run. Why would you not give him the tools to do his job? If you owned a restaurant and you hired the best chef out there to attract customers and help you business, would you sell the ovens and stoves? Would you give him a rickety frying pan and a book of matches? NO BECAUSE HE CAN'T DO HIS JOB WITHOUT THE RIGHT PIECES!!!!

I am just a lowly fan who likes to see his team succeed. I make observations for free, but JA steals a check and gives the fans who pay his check this type of crap. It's like getting a $500 gift card and when you go to use it, you find out it only has $100 left on it. It'll work for a little, but you can't get what you want because you don't have enough.

Sadly, JA would have just blown the picks...

I feel your pain. I had similar post about 3 years ago. Wonder if we would have been better off keeping Orton and the picks.

The biggest screw up of all was hiring Martz. I'll never be a fan of what he does. He simply destroys QB's. But, that's only part of the point. Martzs' system is simply not suited for the type of QB Cutler is. It's like hiring an Indy car crew chief to run a NASCAR team. It just doesn't fit. Cutler should be in a Steelers, Chargers, Packers and even the Lions type of offense.

Why did I know someone was going to say that? LOL

Because it is sooooo true. It really is a shame tho. After watching the Bears i watched NE/SD game. There is such a differenece in the amount of time Brady and Phillips have to throw the ball. Really i would roll with these WR's if we had a great oline.

For the whole would be better with Orton, imagine how many sacks the Bears would have given up if we still had Orton!!! Old Cement shoes Orton

If you read my "postgame thoughts" thread from yesterday, you will see we agree 100% with each other. You just happened to go much more into depth about it.

Because it is sooooo true. It really is a shame tho. After watching the Bears i watched NE/SD game. There is such a differenece in the amount of time Brady and Phillips have to throw the ball. Really i would roll with these WR's if we had a great oline.

For the whole would be better with Orton, imagine how many sacks the Bears would have given up if we still had Orton!!! Old Cement shoes Orton

It's not really soooo true that he would've blown the picks. He's made bad picks but he's made good ones too- just like every GM. He drafted Okwo, Bazuin, Haynes, etc, but he's also drafted Hester, Tillman, Briggs, Melton, etc.

Agree with the second part. Orton would've been in a wheel chair by week 8 of last year.

If you read my "postgame thoughts" thread from yesterday, you will see we agree 100% with each other. You just happened to go much more into depth about it.

It's not really soooo true that he would've blown the picks. He's made bad picks but he's made good ones too- just like every GM. He drafted Okwo, Bazuin, Haynes, etc, but he's also drafted Hester, Tillman, Briggs, Melton, etc.

Agree with the second part. Orton would've been in a wheel chair by week 8 of last year.

I dont think anyone will argue the fact that JA and CO have missed way more then they have hit on draft picks in the 1st,2nd,3rd. You gave a perfect example of Dan Bazuin, imagine a OG or OT being used for that 2nd pick instead of a DL that never saw a down. What is the name of that jerkoff that jumped out of a pool?? There ya go another Olinemen that we could have used to protect Jay Cutler. The fact is if you want to have a good team you have to at least have your 1st,2nd and 3rd draft picks play. Im not saying they have to be studs, you would hope but at least play. Hester has been a great pick when it comes to special teams. Briggs and Tilman have been great. But way too may busted picks. End of story

Amen