Word on Martz

nfoligno

Cutler didn't make his decision on "Where to go" as a FA at all, he was drafted and then demanded a trade based on coaching staff.

Cut demanded a trade based on what McDaniels tried to do to him. McDaniels tried to deal him in a three way to Tampa Bay....the Pats sold out McDaniels and made that known to everyone. Cutler was upset- wanted to meet with McDaniels and the Broncos brass. Cutler asked them what the future was and if they promised not to trade him and McDaniels told him no promises.

So yeah...I'd want to be dealt if I were Cutler, too as he was just coming off of a Pro Bowl season. Everyone acted as if he had a bad attitude in Denver- he got the shaft is what happened.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll defend him a little bit here. The Bears have had no success running the ball, and this has so far forced some of the passing plays. Once you're 2nd and 9, you're not running the ball. In addition, 6 of those plays have come inside of the 10 yard line, and without Barber, they don't have the personnel to make that happen.

The O-Line is actually being very effective in pass protection today. Cutler made some mistakes early but is now nailing things on target. The main reason people have been so insistent that the bears need to keep the ball on the ground is to help the O-line out...but it isn't needing it right now.

As much as I disapprove of Martz's short tenure in Chicago, I agree with your defense.

The play calling yesterday was one sided, but was fine. They got the shaft early in the 3rd quarter when Woodson deliberately slowed down and took Hester out with the ball in the air....that was flat out bush league.

The ball that hit Knox in the face mask? That would have been huge as well.

Besides, that Morgan Burnett from GT (the guy the Bears wanted and the Pack traded up ahead of them to get) just had a great game. I approved the OL's play yesterday considering the circumstances and thought Martz called a fair game. It's tough to run the ball when you absolutely can't.

Not so sure. Players go where the money is. Period.

How often have we seen a player go to a team that simply made no sense simply because they offered the most money. The always talk about wanted a good fit, or talk about their families and homes, or whatever. In the end, players choose the money. They often later regret their decision, but it doesn't stop the next FA from making the same stupid choices.

Yes but Martz is notorious for killing qb's and he had ripped Cutler on TV.