Bears at Lions Oct 10, 2011 on MNF

BearsFan1974

Please, someone, PLEASE, stand up for this OL? A few people tried to say something this week about how they're actually a good run blocking line, or some such nonsense, but this is indefensible.

They can't run block very well. And they certainly are the worst pass blocking OL I've ever seen. Cutler doesn't even have time to plant his back foot on a single pass play.

Fire Lovie Smith and staff, our time management is a freaking joke. blow two timeouts in the first quarter, then challenge a spot that's not going to get overturned. now we have no timeouts, and so no ability to challenge the rest of the first half.

We've got more yards on penalty than total offense in the first Qtr. We were only in FG range because of detroit mistakes. And what is with the deal of detroit challenging the penalty??? Thought you couldn't challenge penalties. Tipped or not tipped.... Sanz still got mugged it should have at least been defensive holding.

Love the defensive scheme that always leaves the designed holes in the exact same places on just about every play. This is something that even Lovie has admitted.

Built in flaws allowed Megatron to drop behind a DB who PURPOSEFULLY let him go, at which point he was one on one with a short safety. Brilliant.

Love the defensive scheme that always leaves the designed holes in the exact same places on just about every play. This is something that even Lovie has admitted.

Built in flaws allowed Megatron to drop behind a DB who PURPOSEFULLY let him go, at which point he was one on one with a short safety. Brilliant.

Who can argue with genius like this? :shakehead

we have to be the joke of the NFL. We play guys out of position, we run a defense that has well known design flaws and we just say "we know there are flaws" rather than "we are looking at how to close those holes" even if it's not possible to fix the flaw without a system overhaul to sit there and say "oh well, what can you do, we just need to play better" Our offensive line couldn't block a stationary object. Max protect..... LOL more like Max Whiff. Our Line blocks like contact is illegal.

Who can argue with genius like this? :shakehead

I suspect sarcasm, but the problem is, everything I said is FACT.

The defense they play often asks the DB to pass off the WR to the Safety and play in a little zone. The flaw is, there is a spot between the DB and the safety. This is such a known fact that you could easily google the flaws in the cover-2. That is, when the Bears play the cover-2. For that TD, they were in at least a variation of the cover-2; this was apparent when P-Nut(?) let Calvin Johnson go. The other flaw is, the safety is not a DB, and can't adjust to a stud WR making a move. All of this happened on the Johnson TD.

Thank goodness the OL gave Cutler some time on the one play that mattered thus far in the first half. Great patience by Cutler, good blocking, and a catch by Davis.

I suspect sarcasm, but the problem is, everything I said is FACT.

The defense they play often asks the DB to pass off the WR to the Safety and play in a little zone. The flaw is, there is a spot between the DB and the safety. This is such a known fact that you could easily google the flaws in the cover-2. That is, when the Bears play the cover-2. For that TD, they were in at least a variation of the cover-2; this was apparent when P-Nut(?) let Calvin Johnson go. The other flaw is, the safety is not a DB, and can't adjust to a stud WR making a move. All of this happened on the Johnson TD.

Thank goodness the OL gave Cutler some time on the one play that mattered thus far in the first half. Great patience by Cutler, good blocking, and a catch by Davis.

You miss understand yes there was sarcasm but I was not taking a shot at you, I was joining in taking a shot at our brain trust in Chicago.

God, its amazing how running and ball control leads to winning at the half. Good playcalling so far!!!!

Just need a little bit better blocking from the OLine to give Jay some time. They are killing on run blocking...it helps that we're bouncing it outside and using the Lions' aggressiveness on D against them with draws.

God, its amazing how running and ball control leads to winning at the half. Good playcalling so far!!!!

I like the results thus far, but I just wish that same style of play and play-calling could give the Bears a big enough lead to feel comfortable. I know I don't feel comfortable yet, and the Lions could be ahead with a single play.

I like the results thus far, but I just wish that same style of play and play-calling could give the Bears a big enough lead to feel comfortable. I know I don't feel comfortable yet, and the Lions could be ahead with a single play.

We have to keep pounding the ball. We need more pressure on Stafford. This is his first time on the big stage. If we get to him, he can rattle and make some more mistakes.