Vote Lemon as President...

lemonej

Of the Alshon Jeffries fan club. He had the game wininng catch in the 4th Qtr as South Carolina eeked out a win at Miss ST 14 to 12 with the final 2 Miss ST points coming on the final play of the game as the Gamecocks took a safety as time expired. The Beast devours another opponent.

He's my #1 target in this draft should we have the opportunity to draft him. Though, there are alot more worse teams than us that need WR's so I don't believe he will be in our range by the time we are selecting. We'd need to be in the top 10 to get either or the two Elite receivers but we should be within Floyd range (15-25). Either of those 3 would be gold for us. My order of preference would be

1. Jeffery

2. Blackmon

3. Floyd

Why do you insist on corrcting name mistakes.? Everyone knows who he means

Surely Jeffery's gone before we pick? Top 10 guy?

I insist on it because if he's so damn good and he's such a big fan, he should know his actual name. This isn't a spelling bee. It's a simple word- Jeffery.

Jeffery could very well be a top 10 pick, but he may slip a little. If he goes top 10, Floyd isn't a bad WR to fall back on. He's very good.

Why do you insist on corrcting name mistakes.? Everyone knows who he means

Surely Jeffery's gone before we pick? Top 10 guy?

Ummmmm I have no clue on who any of these guys are and spelling names correctly makes it easier to look them up for those of us that don't follow college football.

i will say this for the last time...we need to fix the OLine first. I the QB does not have time to throw, then it does not really matter who we have at WR.

Mr. Jeffery is a fine WR and looks to do well. OK St has two very good WRs who will be good NFLs players as well. Our Bears team has many needs. O Coord would be one, followed by OLine, WR, S, CB.

lastly, what is the deal with people being such douchebags on this message board? Ok, Lemon spelled the guys name wrong...how much of miserable asshole do you have to be to publically rant about it. We already lost a good poster that had been a member of this forum a long time. Lets have a little respect for our fellow posters on this board.

i will say this for the last time...we need to fix the OLine first. I the QB does not have time to throw, then it does not really matter who we have at WR.

We don't have to. It's not a prerequisite. Time is only useful if receivers get open. Go back and watch the film from the last two seasons and take a look at how many coverage sacks Jay has taken because of the garbage receivers he has to work with. The Mike Martz coached offense back in Detroit was still fairly successful despite their poor offensive line play. Why is that? Because he could throw the ball to Calvin Johnson and a younger, better version of Roy Williams. And that was a team with virtually no balance what so ever because Kevin Smith was their running back.

I insist on it because if he's so damn good and he's such a big fan, he should know his actual name. This isn't a spelling bee. It's a simple word- Jeffery.

Jeffery could very well be a top 10 pick, but he may slip a little. If he goes top 10, Floyd isn't a bad WR to fall back on. He's very good.

Thank You I stand corrected and I basically posting while I'm watching the game on the SEC network and the analyst keeps pronouncing his name wrong and I like a moron didn't visit my favorite site for the correct spelling.

Thank You I stand corrected and I basically posting while I'm watching the game on the SEC network and the analyst keeps pronouncing his name wrong and I like a moron didn't visit my favorite site for the correct spelling.

No point in using sarcasm. All I did was correct your spelling. If you want to be the president of his fan club, you should be able to spell his name correctly without looking it up. I'm sure the network showed a graphic with his name on it, despite what the announcers were saying.

No point in using sarcasm. All I did was correct your spelling. If you want to be the president of his fan club, you should be able to spell his name correctly without looking it up. I'm sure the network showed a graphic with his name on it, despite what the announcers were saying.

Wow I was being sincere and if I'm looking at the computer or going to the fridge for another brew I missed the graphic. I was thanking you because it was the second time I posted the incorrect spelling. If I wanted to be considered the president of someone's fan club I should know how to correctly spell his name, no sarcasm intended thats not my thing.

Every year I pick a college player and gush over him until draft time. Last year it was Nick Fairly. The year before that it was Suh and I wouldn't dare try to spell his whole name even though I've seen it numerous times.

Wow I was being sincere and if I'm looking at the computer or going to the fridge for another brew I missed the graphic. I was thanking you because it was the second time I posted the incorrect spelling. If I wanted to be considered the president of someone's fan club I should know how to correctly spell his name, no sarcasm intended thats not my thing.

Every year I pick a college player and gush over him until draft time. Last year it was Nick Fairly. The year before that it was Suh and I wouldn't dare try to spell his whole name even though I've seen it numerous times.

I hope next year lou like a guy named Mike Smith so you don't get castrated....lol....unless it's spelled Smyth, then you're screwed...lol

We don't have to. It's not a prerequisite. Time is only useful if receivers get open. Go back and watch the film from the last two seasons and take a look at how many coverage sacks Jay has taken because of the garbage receivers he has to work with. The Mike Martz coached offense back in Detroit was still fairly successful despite their poor offensive line play. Why is that? Because he could throw the ball to Calvin Johnson and a younger, better version of Roy Williams. And that was a team with virtually no balance what so ever because Kevin Smith was their running back.

But he got massive production out of McDonald and Furrey! Which means the Bears can surely get great production out of the current cast of WRs if the OL is fixed. Last night against the Vikings should have shown you that the OL was/is more important. Cutler and the WRs had time, and they raped the Vikings secondary as a result of that time. Look, do you want another WR and a continued beating for Cutler (like Kitna on the Lions team you continue to use as an example), or do you want a healthy Cutler picking apart opposing defenses? To me it seems obvious: protect the franchise player. Kitna took a beating those years with Martz in Detroit, despite the stats he put up. I'd prefer if Cutler didn't continue to take a beating. The key to making the Martz offense better is OL play (like 99% of all offenses). Because apparently (McDonald & Furrey), just about any WR can be thrown in for easy stats as long as the QB gets time to throw every once in a while.

But he got massive production out of McDonald and Furrey! Which means the Bears can surely get great production out of the current cast of WRs if the OL is fixed. Last night against the Vikings should have shown you that the OL was/is more important. Cutler and the WRs had time, and they raped the Vikings secondary as a result of that time. Look, do you want another WR and a continued beating for Cutler (like Kitna on the Lions team you continue to use as an example), or do you want a healthy Cutler picking apart opposing defenses? To me it seems obvious: protect the franchise player. Kitna took a beating those years with Martz in Detroit, despite the stats he put up. I'd prefer if Cutler didn't continue to take a beating. The key to making the Martz offense better is OL play (like 99% of all offenses). Because apparently (McDonald & Furrey), just about any WR can be thrown in for easy stats as long as the QB gets time to throw every once in a while.

Are you really using the Minnesota Vikings as your argument? Really?... Really?? Since when has measuring yourself against the worst become the customary thing when judging your team? I was under the impression that you find out who you really are by playing against the best. I take away nothing from this game, good or bad because we just played a team that's probably going to be drafting in the top 3 when it's all said and done.

Are you really using the Minnesota Vikings as your argument? Really?... Really?? Since when has measuring yourself against the worst become the customary thing when judging your team? I was under the impression that you find out who you really are by playing against the best. I take away nothing from this game, good or bad because we just played a team that's probably going to be drafting in the top 3 when it's all said and done.

Minnesota has a great pash rush and a great run defense. As a team, yes they're horrible. Still, don't diminish the ability of their defensive front 7. But, because the OL gave the Bears time to throw, those crappy WR's that we all love to hate on were able to get open. It's amazing what 6 and 7 seconds in the pocket can do in terms of finding open WR's. And, because the OL gave Cutler time to throw, that made their great run D susceptible to the run, thus Forte gashed them.

I think all jason is saying is that if Cutler gets that much protection week in and week out, we'll probably see 260+ yards and 2+ TD's week in and week out. The only problem is, he's hardly ever getting that protection.

My fault.

FWIW, I also pick a guy I love in every draft (last year it was Carimi and Paea). The guy I love in the 2012 draft is Michael Floyd. I'd take Floyd, Blackmon, or Jeffery.

Minnesota has a great pash rush and a great run defense. As a team, yes they're horrible. Still, don't diminish the ability of their defensive front 7. But, because the OL gave the Bears time to throw, those crappy WR's that we all love to hate on were able to get open. It's amazing what 6 and 7 seconds in the pocket can do in terms of finding open WR's. And, because the OL gave Cutler time to throw, that made their great run D susceptible to the run, thus Forte gashed them.

I think all jason is saying is that if Cutler gets that much protection week in and week out, we'll probably see 260+ yards and 2+ TD's week in and week out. The only problem is, he's hardly ever getting that protection.

The Vikings do have Jared Allen, who is one of the best pass rushers in this league but their team still sucks and they are always playing from behind, and are ranked near the bottom of the league in pass defense (25th to be exact). On top of that, they play sort of the same vanilla defense we do and if there is one thing this offensive line can atleast contain somewhat, it's teams that don't throw exotic blitz packages against them. I'd be much happier if we played this way against the New Orlean Saints, or the Green Bay Packers and the top tier teams in the league and not some of the worst.

The Vikings do have Jared Allen, who is one of the best pass rushers in this league but their team still sucks and they are always playing from behind, and are ranked near the bottom of the league in pass defense (25th to be exact). On top of that, they play sort of the same vanilla defense we do and if there is one thing this offensive line can atleast contain somewhat, it's teams that don't throw exotic blitz packages against them. I'd be much happier if we played this way against the New Orlean Saints, or the Green Bay Packers and the top tier teams in the league and not some of the worst.

I understand your last point but in two of the games prior to the Bears game the Vikings blew leads to Detroit and San Diego. Both games in the second half. Before the game the Bears defense was ranked near the bottom also and rose up for a divisional opponent. In fact the way the Vikings played resembled how the Bears played vs GB,Det and NO. False starts on 4th and 1 after a timeout, dropped passes on 3rd down looked very similar to how the Bears played in those games. Allowing Hester to get behind the defense was very similar to the mistakes the Bears have been making all year.

They also have one of the Williams' still, Brian Robison (4.5 sacks going into week 6), and some pretty decent linebackers.

Also, they aren't always playing from behind. They clobbered Arizona last week and beat the Lions down for the first 30 minutes of that game. Hell, IIRC they were also beating KC for some minutes in that game too.

I think everyone here agrees they need to play better against the Green Bays, Detroits, and New Orleans' of the world, but they can't. Why? Because the QB is laying on his back once every 4 dropbacks.