Hester HoF?....

BearsFan1974

Sayers didn't have to do that.

What Hester has accomplished even at this point is simply amazing.

Sayers was dominating an every-down position though. That's why Hester has to completely rewrite every book to really get talked about in HOF terms.

I mean...just as an example...Sayers put up 56 TD's in his time in the league. Hester has 30 in just about as many season.

I'm not so much comparing Hester to Sayers...just saying, that in certain cases longetivy need not be a requirement for HoF.

I simply stand by all my prior statements that I believe he should be, and will be, in the HoF...

Sayers was dominating an every-down position though. That's why Hester has to completely rewrite every book to really get talked about in HOF terms.

I mean...just as an example...Sayers put up 56 TD's in his time in the league. Hester has 30 in just about as many season.

I'm not so much comparing Hester to Sayers...just saying, that in certain cases longetivy need not be a requirement for HoF.

I simply stand by all my prior statements that I believe he should be, and will be, in the HoF...

I will not comment on the "Will be in..." part of this...because I have no idea how long Hester can stay at this level as a returner.

I will say that I think it's plausible...but he needs to stay at this level for a long time.

Of Sayers 56 TDs didn't 22 of them come in his rookie season? If that is the case then the remaining 34 came in 6 years. Sayers was on kickoff,punt returns and started at RB. RBs generally get more touches than WRs so again as a person who actually have seen both players careers I feel comfortable saying that Hester is the greatest returner in the NFL that I have ever witnessed playing.Back when Sayers (My Chilhood Idol) played teams knew he was the man on the Bears similar to Payton but once the Bears got the ball they couldn't avoid him getting the ball. When Hester has his prime opportunities kickoff and punt, teams can simply kick away from him which again enhances the case for Hester.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/904458-...ill-canton-call

I think it's a definite YES!!! The man is amazing. I know his WR skills are lacking, but no one has been better in the return game.

Yes and he will be in the "top 10 of all time Bears when it's all over" I mentioned this last year on this site, and a few here thought I was crazy.

• 3 weeks later...
Here's what Hester said on the NFL Network's GameDay Morning show Sunday: "I don't know what it's going to take for a returner to get voted in the Hall of Fame, but I'm going to make sure that it'll be a hard decision to pass me up. There's a first for everything: I want to be the first.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writ...l#ixzz1dh7XMMbl