Noots' Notes Game 14: 38-14 loss to Seattle

Noots

Noots - Another great analysis but I don't think there is any need to do this the rest of the year. This team is done.

Peace :dabears

Especially for the people who don't get the games, it's really helpful to read these things in terms of looking forwards to next year's roster. For example, 2 more games like this from Webb and I will have to switch sides in saying that he needs replaced next year rather than being given another year to grow into the spot.

Especially for the people who don't get the games, it's really helpful to read these things in terms of looking forwards to next year's roster. For example, 2 more games like this from Webb and I will have to switch sides in saying that he needs replaced next year rather than being given another year to grow into the spot.

Heh, heh, heh...welcome aboard!

The line only started sucking late in that game when Hanie had to drop back for an hour. Hanie was completely clean the entire first half. I have a hard time evaluating the line given how bad Hanie is. Guy has no clue what he is doing back there and couldn't make a quick read to save his life.

If Hanie takes a three step drop and there is pressure in his face, it's not difficult to objectively evaluate the OL. No matter who is back there it's not difficult to objectively evaluate the OL. It's two very simple questions to start things off:

Did the OL open holes for the running game?

Did the OL protect the QB to the extent of his drop for that play?

The former is much easier to judge, but the latter is not impossible. Arguing whether the play should have been called is something entirely different. Did the OL, or did they not, give the QB enough time to drop back, set his back foot, make a quick read, and throw the ball?

And, BTW, the OL definitely had many other moments in which they sucked...it wasn't just the end. To truly recognize and evaluate this you'd have to actually chart plays.