Pro Bowl

adam

With how Hester ended the year, he wasn't a snub IMO.

Ok, I will play this game.

The last month (4 games):

Peterson

Punt Returns

1-1

5-44

3-33

0-0

9-78 (8.6 Avg)

78 Return Yards (19.5/g)

Hester

Punt Returns

3-39

2-36

0-0

2-7

7-82 (11.8 Avg)

Kick Returns

1-23

1-25

1-17

5-117

8-182 (22.8 Avg)

264 Return Yards (66/g)

I just thought it was sort of a snub since Peterson only had one more TD than Hester (which seems to be the deciding factor), but Hester also does Kickoffs, and the position is Kick Returner, not Punt Returner.

Link

“It happened at the right time,” Tillman said Wednesday at Halas Hall. He was able to share the good news with his parents and in-laws who were in town for the holidays.

Tillman leads the Bears in pass break-ups with 11. He is tied for the team lead in forced fumbles (three) and fumble recoveries (two). The nine-year vet has two interceptions, including one returned for a touchdown.

The underrated Tillman, who ranks third on the team with a career-high 107 tackles, says he understands why he has been overlooked for the Pro Bowl in the past.

“There obviously were other corners who were doing bigger and better things than me in years past,” Tillman said. “That’s why I wasn’t able to go, I suppose. But everything happens for a reason. They called me this year, I got in, so I’m grateful for the honor.”

Tillman joins teammates Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Matt Forte and Corey Graham in earning the Pro Bowl honor. The fact the Bears (7-8) have been eliminated from playoff contention makes the individual honors a little bittersweet.

“It definitely would have been nice to make the Pro Bowl (and) play in some postseason games,” said Tillman, who is the first Bears cornerback to make the Pro Bowl since Nathan Vasher after the 2005 season.