Chiefs sign OT Winston

balta1701-A

We didn't really have a place for him. What we needed is a left tackle. Right tackles are generally your best run blocking tackle and that's what Gabe is here for. Were going to have to find that LT in the draft somewhere in the 1st 3 rounds of the draft.

Oh yes we had a place for him. Gabe played both the left and right side so has Webb but I'm sure Winston would have been an upgrade over Webb at LT

Oh yes we had a place for him. Gabe played both the left and right side so has Webb but I'm sure Winston would have been an upgrade over Webb at LT

We should always consider good football players, I think they can find it out, as to where to play them. Doesnt matter he signed somewhere else.

Yes but his strengths as an offensive lineman are that he is very skilled at run blocking. The knock on him has been that he struggles with leverage and his height sometimes can be used against him. His bad knee aren't really conducive to what you want out of your blind side protector. He certainly has the athleticism to play the position but you are going to get the most out of him by letting him run block as a RT and bring somebody else in that's more of a pass protector on the left side.

Plain and simple, he should be an option. With Winston and Carimi, the Bears could move whichever one they think fits the left side the best - ideally Carimi for longevity issues - and keep the other guy at RT. I don't care if neither is perfectly suited for LT, because if each is a poorly shaped round peg in a perfectly circular hole, Webb is a square.