Cutler ranking

Stinger226

With Jays new toys this year where do you think he falls in QB ranking at the end of the season?

Most national rankings have him listed as around 14-15th ranked QB in the league.

I think he makes it to the top 10 this year with around 30 TBs and 4300 yards. Ahead of him will be Rodgers,Brady,Brees,Stafford,E. Manning,Newton,Vick,. I think he falls in the same spots as Rivers,P. Manning,and Rothenbeger this year. P. Manning would be higher, but injuries will take him out of some games. Vick and Newton only rank higher because of their rushing TDs. If we were more of a passing team, he would be close to the top 5, but the run will still be high on the list for our offense.

4100 yards, 31 TD's, 13 INT's, top 9 QB.

Keep in mind: last year against Stafford, Ryan, Newton, Rivers, and Vick, he went 5-1.

And BTW, there is NO way Michael Vick is a better QB than Jay Cutler. I can't believe you actually believe he is. Vick has been one of the most overrated NFL players ever because people assume athletic ability = QB ability. If that's the case, Kellen Davis is a top 8 TE in football. Vick is an injury prone player who isn't as fast anymore and who has never been able to throw the ball well. Fans watch one career game against Washington 2 years ago and now assume Vick is good. He's not. On top of it, he's a gigantic a**hole who b****es about every call.

As for Newton, people need to keep in mind that he threw a lot of INT's last year. If you listened to ESPN, you'd assume he had 30 TD's, 10 INT's, and 10 more rushing TD's when that's not the case. I know he was only a rookie and has tons of potential, but that's the thing- he was a rookie who turned the ball over a lot. I have no idea why everyone is putting him on their top 10 lists right now.

My top 11: Rodgers, Brees, Brady, E.Manning, Roethlisberger, P.Manning, Stafford, Cutler, Flacco, Ryan, Newton.

With regard to Cam, in recent years, several rookie QBs have had good rookie years only to not significantly improve or even regress after that. I don't get it, myself, other than to say that for those lucky enough to find a rhythm that works in year one, by year 2, the book is out on them...that and good/bad luck always plays a factor. I'm skeptical about him this year too.

With regard to Cutler, every year our line starts out bad and Cutler plays inconsistent. We have reason for hope, but certainly no reason to know. Obviously, Tice and PE are betting heavily that they've got enough to support our skill players.

So I guess I'm refusing to prognosticate, though I certainly feel Jay has it in him to play like a pro bowler.

As always, we'll also need to keep the injury bug at bay...never a given.

With regard to Cutler, every year our line starts out bad and Cutler plays inconsistent. We have reason for hope, but certainly no reason to know. Obviously, Tice and PE are betting heavily that they've got enough to support our skill players.

I would suggest that for the past 2 seasons, Martz started the season calling his signature 5 man protection, 7 step drop plays putting undue pressure on the O-line until Lovie and Tice would reign in Martz on his play calling - at which point the O-line would perform better.

4100 yards, 31 TD's, 13 INT's, top 9 QB.

Keep in mind: last year against Stafford, Ryan, Newton, Rivers, and Vick, he went 5-1.

And BTW, there is NO way Michael Vick is a better QB than Jay Cutler. I can't believe you actually believe he is. Vick has been one of the most overrated NFL players ever because people assume athletic ability = QB ability. If that's the case, Kellen Davis is a top 8 TE in football. Vick is an injury prone player who isn't as fast anymore and who has never been able to throw the ball well. Fans watch one career game against Washington 2 years ago and now assume Vick is good. He's not. On top of it, he's a gigantic a**hole who b****es about every call.

As for Newton, people need to keep in mind that he threw a lot of INT's last year. If you listened to ESPN, you'd assume he had 30 TD's, 10 INT's, and 10 more rushing TD's when that's not the case. I know he was only a rookie and has tons of potential, but that's the thing- he was a rookie who turned the ball over a lot. I have no idea why everyone is putting him on their top 10 lists right now.

My top 11: Rodgers, Brees, Brady, E.Manning, Roethlisberger, P.Manning, Stafford, Cutler, Flacco, Ryan, Newton.

I play a lot of fantasy football and was only looking at it with stats. The only reason I listed Newton and Vick ahead of him was because of what they will contribute with the rush. As far as a pure Qb, It would be in my top 7.

Vick will be hurt by week 4, Newton will run into the sophomore slump wall, and Cutler will be on a record setting pace.

I play a lot of fantasy football and was only looking at it with stats. The only reason I listed Newton and Vick ahead of him was because of what they will contribute with the rush. As far as a pure Qb, It would be in my top 7.

No. Please be realistic.

46 TD's (he wants it to match the legendary D's nomenclature). 1 Pick (It bounced off the hands of Sanz) and 6K in yards (Bush and Forte need to eat up some clock time).

And by that, you mean like 67 touchdowns, -2 INT's, and 7500 yards AT LEAST.

I look for Cutler to get back to those Denver numbers, hopefully without all the picks, and throw for close to 4500 yards like he did in 08. Maybe throw for around 25-30 touchdowns with hopefully under 16 INTs. If he goes 4500, 30 TDs, and 10-14 INTs you're talking about an MVP candidate, assuming we get #1 seed in the NFC. His stats won't be on par with Rodgers, Brees, or Brady of course, but if the Bears can overtake GB record wise and the rest of the NFC, you'll hear the Cutler MVP talk late in the season. Whether he wins it or not is unlikely but he could at least be in the conversation.