Power Rankings

jason

I was talking to a friend today who thinks the Bears barely break the top 5, or fall just outside, in power rankings. He pointed to the schedule said every team the Bears have played, other than the Packers, is bad, and the Bears lost that game.

Are they ahead of the following teams?

Texans

Niners

Giants

Patriots

Falcons

Here's how I would rank them...

1. NYG - They are playing well and have shown they can win in the regular and post season

2. Falcons - They are undefeated, well rounded...but haven't proven anything in the post

3. Texans - Playing really well, only one loss

4. Niners - basically same as Texans

5. Bears - D is out of this world, O is progressing slowly

6. Pats - They have no D, they are struggling against inferior teams, but they are dangerous in the post.

So, I think we are top 5...barely.

I was talking to a friend today who thinks the Bears barely break the top 5, or fall just outside, in power rankings. He pointed to the schedule said every team the Bears have played, other than the Packers, is bad, and the Bears lost that game.

Texans

Niners

Giants

Patriots

Falcons

1. NYG - They are playing well and have shown they can win in the regular and post season

2. Falcons - They are undefeated, well rounded...but haven't proven anything in the post

6. Pats - They have no D, they are struggling against inferior teams, but they are dangerous in the post.

agree I also think the Bears can hang with all of them because of our defense. But think S.F. can give our offense trouble

Rams beat the 4-0 (at the time) Cardinals.

Indianapolis beat Green Bay.

Detroit just won in Philadelphia.

The Bears beat all 3. You can't control who the Bears have played. They're 5-1. They could've easily lost to Indy, like Green Bay did, or lost to the Rams, like Arizona did.

Giants

Falcons

Bears

49ers

Packers

(NFC Ranks)

Texans

Niners

Giants

Patriots

Falcons

If any team is inflated by their schedule, it's the Falcons. Their combined opponent record is 13-24. So it is hard to actually know where they stand. I would have them at #5. The 49ers have a comparable defense to the Bears, but there offense is slightly worse, and they looked pathetic at home vs NYG. The Giants seem like they are hitting their stride and look really good on both sides of the ball. The Pats have lost 3 games by a total of 4 pts. They could easily be 7-0 but they still lost. They look really good with a running game and Hernandez is just coming back. The Texans looked bad against GB and great against a depleted BAL team. I would say their schedule is the closest to ours with the GB loss.

1. NYG

2. HOU

3. CHI

4. NE

5. ATL

6. SF

7. GB

8. MIN

9. SEA

10. DEN

I dropped BAL out because this team is not the same team that started 5-1. This team looks more like CLE than BAL.

Guest TerraTor

Personally i think the Falcons are garbage covered with Febreez

Bears ranking from major outlets after this week:

NFL.com - #3 - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000008...ns-in-free-fall

ESPN - #5 - http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

CBS Sports - #2 - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings

Fox Sports - #3 - http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Yahoo Sports - #5 - http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown...46183--nfl.html

Average - 3.6