Chicago Bears @ Houston Texans, 11/11/12

balta1701-A

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game of the Year.. Until next week!

I don't see us going 15-1 this year, so a loss has to come at some point. The game will be won in the trenches. If JJ Watt is a non factor, the Bears likely win the game. If Tillman plays, I don't worry too much about the Texans offense against our defense. I don't have the same fear factor that I do when we go up against GB, and we play them well most times.

Cutler can't have one of his games where he's constantly throwing off his back foot either, because of the pass rush. I know it's easy for me to say, but he's got to stand in there and be the franchise QB we paid him to be. I'd get him outside the pocket a lot, and mix it up with a healthy dose of screens/misdirections to neutralize Watt. Cutler is actually a better passer on the run than he is in the pocket. The statistics prove it.

The weather is going to have a huge factor in this game. Game time temperature will be in the high 40's, low 50's with a 90% chance of rain, with winds as high as 30 mph.

For injuries, Ben Tate and Shaun Cody will be out for the Texans, while Owen Daniels is a game time decision. Tate has always been a great change of pace back for Foster, Cody was their starting NT, so his loss will definitely help the Bears running game. Daniels is a huge part of their passing game, so his injury will be something to watch. He only has 6 less targets than Andre Johnson, is the 8th best TE and was Schaub's security blanket.

The weather is going to have a huge factor in this game. Game time temperature will be in the high 40's, low 50's with a 90% chance of rain, with winds as high as 30 mph.

For injuries, Ben Tate and Shaun Cody will be out for the Texans, while Owen Daniels is a game time decision. Tate has always been a great change of pace back for Foster, Cody was their starting NT, so his loss will definitely help the Bears running game. Daniels is a huge part of their passing game, so his injury will be something to watch. He only has 6 less targets than Andre Johnson, is the 8th best TE and was Schaub's security blanket.

I don't know where everyone is getting these forecasts from. Using weather.com and the 60605 zip code (where Soldier Field is located), the weather says windy and 63 with a 10% chance of rain. For Monday, it says 39 and a 20% chance of rain. So yes, maybe the temperatures will be in the 40's and it will be windy, but I don't get where 90% chance of rain is coming from (Zaidman had 80% chance of rain yesterday).

However, 45 degrees and wind gusts definitely helps the Bears.

20-17 Bears

I don't know where everyone is getting these forecasts from. Using weather.com and the 60605 zip code (where Soldier Field is located), the weather says windy and 63 with a 10% chance of rain. For Monday, it says 39 and a 20% chance of rain. So yes, maybe the temperatures will be in the 40's and it will be windy, but I don't get where 90% chance of rain is coming from (Zaidman had 80% chance of rain yesterday).

However, 45 degrees and wind gusts definitely helps the Bears.

20-17 Bears

Weather.com > using 60605, going to game time of 7:20pm - 11:00pm due to prime time, it shows 90% at 9pm, and 100% at 10pm on the hourly forecast. This has actually shifted a few hours to the right as it was 100% at 7pm this morning. It also shows temps in the low 50's and sustained winds in the teens and low 20's. This forecast hasn't changed much in 24 hours. 63 is the daily high and 10% rain is only for the day. That front moves in and it is going to get nasty, then cold on Monday.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/...extbeginIndex=6

I am hoping Carimi's experience against Watt in Wisconsin will help the entire O-Line against him.

SF has lucked out so much in this game. St Louis negates an 80 yard would have been game winning FG because of a dumb rule about reporting. What the heck is its purpose?

Actually the WR lined up wrong and left the Tackle uncovered. Either way, they made a FG in overtime only to have a delay of game penalty, then they miss the next FG. SF looked like garbage.

At this point, the only player I trust to make a play on offense is Brandon Marshall. We're going to have to beat someone deep because we can't protect the football. Defense needs a 3 and out.

They said they were going to double him and do what they have to. They need to use forte