Sanz a Bengal...

madlithuanian

...for trying real hard!

But, yeah, either for lack of talent or because our staff was mostly apathetic towards him, he didn't really have a future here. He might be better off with a change of scenery.

I'd say the lack of talent. I liked the guy but he dropped a shitload of passes while also possessing less than average speed and an inability to get separation. Not an NFL wideout.

Last year, I believe Sanzenbacher had something like 17 catches and 10 drops. That won't cut it in the NFL. A lot of people wanted him to get a chance this year, but we don't see practices.

It's not like the Bears WR's have been dominant this year. Or healthy. If Sanz had earned a chance to get on the field in practice, he'd have gotten out there.

I'd say the lack of talent. I liked the guy but he dropped a shitload of passes while also possessing less than average speed and an inability to get separation. Not an NFL wideout.

I never saw the talent on the field either. But, then again, 17 passes thrown his way in his second season on a staff that was clearly not pushing him. I'd bet Marshall's been targeted that much in one game. So there's no way you or I could know much about him really. Even blue chip talents often come out of the draft and struggle before eventually succeding. Guy's like him don't get much of a chance, much less coddled like the 1st round talents do.

I never saw the talent on the field either. But, then again, 17 passes thrown his way in his second season on a staff that was clearly not pushing him. I'd bet Marshall's been targeted that much in one game. So there's no way you or I could know much about him really. Even blue chip talents often come out of the draft and struggle before eventually succeding. Guy's like him don't get much of a chance, much less coddled like the 1st round talents do.

Not like we had the receiving talent to give him a shot if he had proven himself to the staff as someone that can be reliable. When guys like Weems and Hester are getting many many snaps, you have to be pretty worthless to not be able to push even those guys.

Not like we had the receiving talent to give him a shot if he had proven himself to the staff as someone that can be reliable. When guys like Weems and Hester are getting many many snaps, you have to be pretty worthless to not be able to push even those guys.

See, I view it from a different perspective.

When guys like Hester and Weems keep getting trotted out for snap after snap, I don't see that as a substitute player's flaw. I see that as a coaching flaw. When guys don't perform, changes should be made. Maybe Sanz would have done better than Hester? He certainly runs better routes and is undoubtedly smarter (i.e. knows the plays). Same goes for Rodriguez over Davis/Spaeth. Davis has been horrible this year, so Rodriguez should have been in the game as a flex TE.

This coaching staff has no damn clue how to build an offense, how to evaluate offensive talent, or to execute a successful offense against an opponent.

See, I view it from a different perspective.

When guys like Hester and Weems keep getting trotted out for snap after snap, I don't see that as a substitute player's flaw. I see that as a coaching flaw. When guys don't perform, changes should be made. Maybe Sanz would have done better than Hester? He certainly runs better routes and is undoubtedly smarter (i.e. knows the plays). Same goes for Rodriguez over Davis/Spaeth. Davis has been horrible this year, so Rodriguez should have been in the game as a flex TE.

This coaching staff has no damn clue how to build an offense, how to evaluate offensive talent, or to execute a successful offense against an opponent.

I could not agree more, Hester and Davis are mental midgets with natural physical gifts. Scoring on every punt and kick return is unlikely in the nfl even though it seems he could. But lately he's been a more of a deteriment by letting balls bounce another 15 yards or late calling off his teammates when he does, running backwards on his own ten yardline, will not fair catch in a crowd. Still has to be told where to line up in a formation while playing WR. As far as im concerened he is taking up 2 needed postitions on a depleted roster. Time to say good bye and good luck !