Andy Reid thread

adam

God no. Why would we want a guy that just got fired after yet another year of disappointment? His teams have imploded more times than the Bears have in recent years. I'm not sure what's to like about him being a head coach. He's not very good.

You want offense and a proven coach. He just got crushed with injuries. It won't matter though, the packers will save Lovies job

God no. Why would we want a guy that just got fired after yet another year of disappointment? His teams have imploded more times than the Bears have in recent years. I'm not sure what's to like about him being a head coach. He's not very good.

He's not very good? Then who is? His teams have made the playoffs 9 out of 14 years in the NFC East, and they won at least 1 playoff game in 7 of those seasons. Before this season, he had 2 losing seasons, his first season and 2005. That is a great run. To me, the Eagles's failures were more to do with McNabb than any coaching decisions.

I didn't say this earlier. Yes I'd absolutely consider a 3 year deal for Reid. A lot of it would depend on his interview/evaluation of what he's going to do with Cutler and who is going to take over that defense. But yes, I'd count him as a major option

Outside of getting Cowher (which won't happen), it is the best option, imo.

He's not very good? Then who is? His teams have made the playoffs 9 out of 14 years in the NFC East, and they won at least 1 playoff game in 7 of those seasons. Before this season, he had 2 losing seasons, his first season and 2005. That is a great run. To me, the Eagles's failures were more to do with McNabb than any coaching decisions.

He is an elite coach and it would be a coup to hire him.

oh hell no.... just say no to Reid I'd rather have Lovie back next year than Reid. He has earned his firing from Philly. Why fire one loser to bring another? This solves nothing

Wow you would rather have the same crappy coaching, then to hire Reid? Reid is sooo much better than Lovie, it is not even funny.

Elite coach? :lol:

The man's about to be fired. If he was so elite, you'd think his teams would be a little better than they have been, no?

Belliceck was fired in the past. Shanny was fired. Coaches were hired to be fired. It happens.

9 playoff appearances in 14 seasons playing in what was one of the toughest divisions in football. Numerous NFC championships, lots of playoff wins. His entire team is hurt this year and they played hard till the end (despite an ass whooping). He's forgotten more about football then a lot of previous coaches. The guy is the very definition of elite.

PS: Jeff Fisher was fired too. Lots of excellent coaches have been axed.

Belliceck was fired in the past. Shanny was fired. Coaches were hired to be fired. It happens.

9 playoff appearances in 14 seasons playing in what was one of the toughest divisions in football. Numerous NFC championships, lots of playoff wins. His entire team is hurt this year and they played hard till the end (despite an ass whooping). He's forgotten more about football then a lot of previous coaches. The guy is the very definition of elite.

PS: Jeff Fisher was fired too. Lots of excellent coaches have been axed.

He also hasn't won a playoff game since 2008, and had a team last year that was bloviating about being a Dream Team that wound up falling apart at the end of the season. It's a "What have you done for me lately" league, and lately, he's been anything but elite.

Even a stellar coach can have the team lost after 14 years.

Probably only a handlful of coaches have ever spent that long with any one team as a head coach. There is a reason for that.

6 division championships; 5 trips to NFC championships. Best 10 year run in Eagles history.

130-93-1; 3 time coach of the year.

He also hasn't won a playoff game since 2008, and had a team last year that was bloviating about being a Dream Team that wound up falling apart at the end of the season. It's a "What have you done for me lately" league, and lately, he's been anything but elite.

Go ahead and hire some clown then. Andy Reid is one of the most inventive and brilliant offensive minds the league has seen and he is one of the more successful coaches in NFL history. reality is his time came in Philly, much like Lovie's has. Bears have an opportunity to take advantage of that and get a guy that is a QB guru and offensive guru to work with Marshall, Forte, and Cutler. This would be the best thing to happen to Jay.

If Cowher comes I'm fine too. Bruce Arians is the only inexperienced coach i'd accept. However, given the talent on this team, hiring a mediocre assistant would piss me off. Their aren't that many names out their that are all that exciting (not when their are some really good head coaches on the market).

Go ahead and hire some clown then. Andy Reid is one of the most inventive and brilliant offensive minds the league has seen and he is one of the more successful coaches in NFL history. reality is his time came in Philly, much like Lovie's has. Bears have an opportunity to take advantage of that and get a guy that is a QB guru and offensive guru to work with Marshall, Forte, and Cutler. This would be the best thing to happen to Jay.

If Cowher comes I'm fine too. Bruce Arians is the only inexperienced coach i'd accept. However, given the talent on this team, hiring a mediocre assistant would piss me off. Their aren't that many names out their that are all that exciting (not when their are some really good head coaches on the market).

I have no problem hiring "some clown/a mediocre assistant" if that's the guy Emery wants. Some of the best coaches are mediocre assistants beforehand. But if Emery goes that route...his job winds up on the clock too. If he hires a veteran like Reid, then he might have a 3-4 year clock. If he hires his own, hand-chosen assistant, he winds up on a Pioli like schedule, where a couple years later, you're talking about both of their jobs if it's a mistake.

There's about 12 guys on my coaching wish list, and Andy Reid is not one of them. Don't like going to retread route unless it's for a guy like Holmgren. Maybe even Jon Gruden. Mike McCoy and Greg Roman would top my list as of this moment. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bill Obrien's name pop up a ton, if Lovie gets canned. Part of that Patriot way. I don't know why you wouldn't like targeting a coordinator, seeing as how that's where most new HC's come from.

I have no problem hiring "some clown/a mediocre assistant" if that's the guy Emery wants. Some of the best coaches are mediocre assistants beforehand. But if Emery goes that route...his job winds up on the clock too. If he hires a veteran like Reid, then he might have a 3-4 year clock. If he hires his own, hand-chosen assistant, he winds up on a Pioli like schedule, where a couple years later, you're talking about both of their jobs if it's a mistake.

I don't buy into Emery all that much. I think he has a decent eye for talent but he has a lot to prove and I don't know that I'd go carte blanche. Arians is the only assistant I really am interested in. With this defense, the window to win is now. If I'm hiring someone, it is a guy that can run the offense (or is proven enough to hire a guy that can run the offense). I'm fine with the cover 2. I'm not a big believer in just switching to the 3-4. If they bring in a guy like Nolan or something to run the defense, then so be it.