Offseason realism

Stinger226

After reading Brad Briggs, he lives Bears football he states our cap to be 10.9 We cut spaeth,Davis, Hester, Mannley and that gives us 8.2 mill to add to the pie. Adam suggested some of the bottom of the roster guys can give us another 2 mil. (since we replace those players with the ones we sign) Lets say we reconstruct a few contracts to give us another 2.7 mil.

So our total comes to 21.8 mil. drop the 5 million for the rookie pool.

We resign Melton-6 mil applies to 2013.

We resign Roach- 2.5 mil applies to 2013

We resign Louis- 2.0 mil. for the 2013 season

we resign DJ Moore - 1 mil for the season

We sign UFAs Will Beatty/LT 4.5 mill for the first season

We sign UFA Brad Jones/LB for 2 mill his first year(played well in 2012)

We sign UFA Chase Daniel/QB for 1 mil has ties to Kroner in NO

#1 Cooper/OG the best OL available in the draft at 20

#2 Escobar/TE moving up in the draft

#4 Ace Sanders/WR he also is a KR with speed

#5 Braxton Cave/OC has long snapper experience

#6 Kyle Juszcyk/FB played TE in college, good hands, Senior Bowl played FB and looked good

So we added 2 TEs to replace our cuts

We added a speedy WR that can return kicks

We added a LT, LG backup center that takes over our LS duties, bring back Louis to play RG. Webb and Carmi fight over RT spot and Brown is a backup.

A MLB and bring back Roach

We add a FB that will come part of our new offensive scheme.

We add a #2 QB to backup Cutler.

After reading Brad Briggs, he lives Bears football he states our cap to be 10.9 We cut spaeth,Davis, Hester, Mannley and that gives us 8.2 mill to add to the pie. Adam suggested some of the bottom of the roster guys can give us another 2 mil. (since we replace those players with the ones we sign) Lets say we reconstruct a few contracts to give us another 2.7 mil.

So our total comes to 21.8 mil. drop the 5 million for the rookie pool.

We resign Melton-6 mil applies to 2013.

We resign Roach- 2.5 mil applies to 2013

We resign Louis- 2.0 mil. for the 2013 season

we resign DJ Moore - 1 mil for the season

We sign UFAs Will Beatty/LT 4.5 mill for the first season

We sign UFA Brad Jones/LB for 2 mill his first year(played well in 2012)

We sign UFA Chase Daniel/QB for 1 mil has ties to Kroner in NO

#1 Cooper/OG the best OL available in the draft at 20

#2 Escobar/TE moving up in the draft

#4 Ace Sanders/WR he also is a KR with speed

#5 Braxton Cave/OC has long snapper experience

#6 Kyle Juszcyk/FB played TE in college, good hands, Senior Bowl played FB and looked good

So we added 2 TEs to replace our cuts

We added a speedy WR that can return kicks

We added a LT, LG backup center that takes over our LS duties, bring back Louis to play RG. Webb and Carmi fight over RT spot and Brown is a backup.

A MLB and bring back Roach

We add a FB that will come part of our new offensive scheme.

We add a #2 QB to backup Cutler.

Ace returns punts not kicks. In addition he is tiny, disappears often, and not as fast as you'd think.

I'd rather go with the we drafted last year than waste a second on Escobar. Nothing about him sticks out as special.

Another TE in the 6th?

Id rate this draft meh to poor.

Don't see us cutting Mannelly. Saves a some cap but at what risk? Why mess with a solid FG and Punt unit when with our traditionally bad offense has to rely on them at all times? Of course I hope to see things get better on offense but I'm taking a wait and see approach.

Don't see us cutting Mannelly. Saves a some cap but at what risk? Why mess with a solid FG and Punt unit when with our traditionally bad offense has to rely on them at all times? Of course I hope to see things get better on offense but I'm taking a wait and see approach.

All good things must come to an end, a steady performer over the years but 1.1 million for a player that all he does is LS? He may be the best in the league, but we could use the money for someone to contribute more.

Ace returns punts not kicks. In addition he is tiny, disappears often, and not as fast as you'd think.

I'd rather go with the we drafted last year than waste a second on Escobar. Nothing about him sticks out as special.

Another TE in the 6th?

Id rate this draft meh to poor.

I think Escobar with be better than that, but time will tell. The 6th round pick will be playing FB not TE. A position we need in our new offense.