Bears expected to tender Collins

scs787

Thanks. So now we're around 9M. If the 5M for the draft needs to be taken into account then we're at 4M. Cutting Davis, Spaeth, and Hester brings us back up to ~11M...Before Melton...Sound about right?

I wouldn't get to wrapped up in what's available yet as we all know that several players will be cut several could see extensions that free up even more. If we wanted to its very possible to get up over $20M if Emery wanted to. Way to earl. Once we get closer to start of FA u will start seeing more moves to free up room

I was going to ask if the cap could be exceeded in the offseason but after looking it up it seems the cap is a hard limit effective at all times. Same with the salary floor by the way.

The salary floor is only in regards to cash and not actual cap and that floor just has to met by seasons end. And your right teams can't exceed the cap at all otherwise they forfeit the last contract that put them over

I wouldn't get to wrapped up in what's available yet as we all know that several players will be cut several could see extensions that free up even more. If we wanted to its very possible to get up over $20M if Emery wanted to. Way to earl. Once we get closer to start of FA u will start seeing more moves to free up room

I don't see many cut candidates past the guys that have already been mentioned.

Thanks. So now we're around 9M. If the 5M for the draft needs to be taken into account then we're at 4M. Cutting Davis, Spaeth, and Hester brings us back up to ~11M...Before Melton...Sound about right?

The rookie pool doesn't count against the cap until they sign the players to a contract and I would guestimate it closer to $3 mil since we only have 5 picks.

• 2 weeks later...