Bears options at T in FA

Ed Hochuli 3:16

And you just ignored my point.

Alberts 2nd year at LT, age 25

G Pen Yds F.Start Holding Sacks Yds

14 10 63 6 2 9.00 63.50

Webbs 2nd year at LT, age 24

G Pen Yds F.Start Holding Sacks Yds

16 7 49 3 3 9.00 59.00 (PFW has Webb with 9 sacks, I've seen it elsewhere he had 7?)

I don't know how many pressures Albert gave up that year so all I can do is average out his 3 year total of 96 to come up with 32...3 more than Webb gave up.

Yes, Albert is better right now, though his back is a huge concern, but I don't think it's crazy to think Webb can get on Alberts level...esp playing next to a better LG than Chilo "I got laughed outta SF twice" Rachal and a player we all believe is worse than Webb Chris Friggin Spencer.

I wonder if Chief fans we're giving up on him that year.

Screw all those stats you keep throwing out here. Alberts is a better player than Webb, the eye test does wonders to seeing who is a good player or who isnt. We get you think Webb is above average, but he just isnt. I wish you would find someone elses wagon to climb on.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may or may not be a valid excuse for Albert, but the Chiefs were very bad and very average in 2009 and 2011 respectively. In 2010, they were 10-6, but that was a very suspect 10-6 and that showed in the playoffs vs Baltimore. When you're losing all the time, you are forced to throw as a team. Even for the best T's in the NFL, it's nearly impossible to stop a stud DE/OLB when they know you're going to pass every single play, because after all, when you're down by 3 TD's, you can't run the ball.

Screw all those stats you keep throwing out here. Alberts is a better player than Webb, the eye test does wonders to seeing who is a good player or who isnt. We get you think Webb is above average, but he just isnt. I wish you would find someone elses wagon to climb on.

Why would I jump on someone elses wagon when I'm presenting a valid argument on Webb. I'm sorry that I see something you guys refuse to believe because you're being bias and naive.

What has been your guys main gripe with Webb?? The pressure he puts Jay in and his penalties right?

I heard him called False start Webb or something along those lines...Albert had 2 more false starts in 2 less games. So are we gonna call BA Branden "False Start" Albert? He certainly garnered the name more than Webb last year did he not?

And the pressures, well, the article in this very thread harps about BAs 96 pressures over 3 years. Would JWebb not project to less than that in a comparable(about same age/same year at position) 3 year stand? That's if he stays at the same level he was last year. Next to a competent LG he'll next another step forward.

The back is also a valid issue with Albert

Once again...Is BA better now?? Yes. My point is it's not crazy to think he can develop into a player of Alberts level....I accept Twig stating that he wants a guy already in his prime like Albert is. I've said in every post that I'd like Albert but we simply don't have the money. The chances of a rookie not named Johnson, Fischer, or Joeckel come in a give us a better year than Webb gave us last year is slim, but like I've said in the past I would welcome the competition just so it shuts you guys up.

Why would I jump on someone elses wagon when I'm presenting a valid argument on Webb. I'm sorry that I see something you guys refuse to believe because you're being bias and naive.

What has been your guys main gripe with Webb?? The pressure he puts Jay in and his penalties right?

I heard him called False start Webb or something along those lines...Albert had 2 more false starts in 2 less games. So are we gonna call BA Branden "False Start" Albert? He certainly garnered the name more than Webb last year did he not?

And the pressures, well, the article in this very thread harps about BAs 96 pressures over 3 years. Would JWebb not project to less than that in a comparable(about same age/same year at position) 3 year stand? That's if he stays at the same level he was last year. Next to a competent LG he'll next another step forward.

Once again...Is BA better now?? Yes. My point is it's not crazy to think he can develop into a player of Alberts level....I accept Twig stating that he wants a guy already in his prime like Albert is. I've said in every post that I'd like Albert but we simply don't have the money. The chances of a rookie not named Johnson, Fischer, or Joeckel come in a give us a better year than Webb gave us last year is slim, but like I've said in the past I would welcome the competition just so it shuts you guys up.

So far the past couple days u have made arguments to keep both carimi and webb. Isnt that sticking to status quo basically. tackle was our biggest problem the past couple years and yet your ASSUMING by placing a good guard next to them then magically become good. A good lineman should be able to hold there own against a defender yet these 2 always need help otherwise there getting killed and then because of there failures getting cutler killed.

So far the past couple days u have made arguments to keep both carimi and webb. Isnt that sticking to status quo basically. tackle was our biggest problem the past couple years and yet your ASSUMING by placing a good guard next to them then magically become good. A good lineman should be able to hold there own against a defender yet these 2 always need help otherwise there getting killed and then because of there failures getting cutler killed.

First and foremost let me repeat again that I believe no one on the line has their job set in stone. There will be competition all around but with the lack of money it won't be top end talent that will come in and take over right away without some competition.

All I made was a case for Carimi, if his claim of not being able to get up to full strength is true and he comes in stronger then he deserves a shot at RT. If he can get stronger and improve his pass blocking he's an ideal RT with his ability in the run game.

When you're as bad as Rachal and Spencer were, yes, you do make your LT look a lot worse and yes, placing a good guard WILL elevate the play of the LT...Like Dan Pompei said a stud OG lifts up the play of the whole OL.

First and foremost let me repeat again that I believe no one on the line has their job set in stone. There will be competition all around but with the lack of money it won't be top end talent that will come in and take over right away without some competition.

All I made was a case for Carimi, if his claim of not being able to get up to full strength is true and he comes in stronger then he deserves a shot at RT. If he can get stronger and improve his pass blocking he's an ideal RT with his ability in the run game.

When you're as bad as Rachal and Spencer were, yes, you do make your LT look a lot worse and yes, placing a good guard WILL elevate the play of the LT...Like Dan Pompei said a stud OG lifts up the play of the whole OL.

Stop with the Pompei references. You've already said that multiple times. He's quite possibly the biggest hack of any Bears' writer, and instead I'd be more interested to hear what Jensen, Biggs, or McClure have to say. He writes irrelevant articles, with this one quite possibly being the most disgusting of them all. He also said they should keep Kellen Davis recently because "they might not be able to find someone better." I guess he's right about that too, but I'd beg to differ, as my 58 year old mother should be able to at least catch.

My whole problem with Webb stems from the last three years, we are waiting for him to be good, he went from horrible to terrible to not so terrible. A player needs to step up, not keep hoping he does. Now he was not good because of the LG situation. Maybe we settle for Webb to be better, but I want to shoot for more than that. How long do we give to players to prove themselfs? Our line was better last year, we went from 32nd to 30th, thats my point! We need to be better and if we keep pitching for OUR guys to be better, so what we move up to the 24th best line in the league? It aint good enough. Look we may have to settle for Webb, from a monetary point of view. I would rather have a new body to work with, a lousy Bushrod, or a small uprade to Alberts. I want us to bring in at least 2 new bodys to compete, and preferable the the L G and T. Is that to much to ask for? If you were the GM, you would keep Webb and that would be a shame. I think Webbs problem is in his head, he just aint got it. HE should have made a GIANT step forward last year, and he just didnt.

My whole problem with Webb stems from the last three years, we are waiting for him to be good, he went from horrible to terrible to not so terrible. A player needs to step up, not keep hoping he does. Now he was not good because of the LG situation. Maybe we settle for Webb to be better, but I want to shoot for more than that. How long do we give to players to prove themselfs? Our line was better last year, we went from 32nd to 30th, thats my point! We need to be better and if we keep pitching for OUR guys to be better, so what we move up to the 24th best line in the league? It aint good enough. Look we may have to settle for Webb, from a monetary point of view. I would rather have a new body to work with, a lousy Bushrod, or a small uprade to Alberts. I want us to bring in at least 2 new bodys to compete, and preferable the the L G and T. Is that to much to ask for? If you were the GM, you would keep Webb and that would be a shame. I think Webbs problem is in his head, he just aint got it. HE should have made a GIANT step forward last year, and he just didnt.

Albert didn't "Take a GIANT step" in his 3rd year. He gave up 1 less sack and committed the same number of penalties in 1 less game than Webb. The similarities are eery actually. Albert was a year younger than Webb in his 3rd year...Why? because he had to redo a year of high school...Talk about not having it in the head.

As for the bold part..For the last time....I have said 50 billion times that there will be new bodies for a competition....Bushrod is getting recognition because his LG is one of the best in the league. I've read numerous reports that he's just riding on the coattails of Grubbs and previously Nicks, 2 stud LGs. Hmm you mean a LG elevates the play of a LT and Dan Pompei wasn't the only one to say it? Hmm, go figure....I've also said 50 billion times that I'll gladly take Albert if the funds are there, his back would scare me and his penalties are gonna piss all you off but sure if we have the money, sign em up.

I have a question: if a LG or RG will help any T look better, why do teams covet their Pro Bowl T's so much? If it's so easy, why not pay a great G and let their T walk to FA? A great G costs less than a great T after all.

If we use the Saints blue print we'll be targeting G's over T's.....The Saints have used mid-late round players at T's...The Saints scheme was, hold steady up the middle, and the tackles just set the pocket by forcing them to the outside...If they try to go inside there's your stud LG to help out.

Albert didn't "Take a GIANT step" in his 3rd year. He gave up 1 less sack and committed the same number of penalties in 1 less game than Webb. The similarities are eery actually. Albert was a year younger than Webb in his 3rd year...Why? because he had to redo a year of high school...Talk about not having it in the head.

As for the bold part..For the last time....I have said 50 billion times that there will be new bodies for a competition....Bushrod is getting recognition because his LG is one of the best in the league. I've read numerous reports that he's just riding on the coattails of Grubbs and previously Nicks, 2 stud LGs. Hmm you mean a LG elevates the play of a LT and Dan Pompei wasn't the only one to say it? Hmm, go figure....I've also said 50 billion times that I'll gladly take Albert if the funds are there, his back would scare me and his penalties are gonna piss all you off but sure if we have the money, sign em up.

I got it all figured out, we just need to find you a job, Where do you live?

If we use the Saints blue print we'll be targeting G's over T's.....The Saints have used mid-late round players at T's...The Saints scheme was, hold steady up the middle, and the tackles just set the pocket by forcing them to the outside...If they try to go inside there's your stud LG to help out.

If just using the Saints formula is so easy, I once again ask: why doesn't every team do this and just let their LT's walk? Signing a stud G is cheaper than a stud T.

HOLY CHRIST STOP WITH THAT. USING DAN POMPEI AS A SOURCE MAKES YOU LOOK DUMB.

If just using the Saints formula is so easy, I once again ask: why doesn't every team do this and just let their LT's walk? Signing a stud G is cheaper than a stud T.

HOLY CHRIST STOP WITH THAT. USING DAN POMPEI AS A SOURCE MAKES YOU LOOK DUMB.

I put that line in there specifically to address your previous comments. Notice the wasn't the only one to say it? part....ya that was just for you buddy.

How many teams run that inside zone scheme?? All I know is the Saints have put more emphasis on the interior line, their tackles haven't been anything special, and yet they still have been a top 5 OL the past 5 years.

Brian Billeck made note of the Saints inside out blocking during the combine, I wish I could remember the quote but it made a lot of sense, I know it went right along with the line of thinking here.

No, you put that in there to simply point out that Pompei AND someone else both said it. Just stop. He's terrible at what he does.

No, I saw your previous post and instead of quoting it and addressing it I added it in here just for you....Also notice the snarky "Hmm, go figure" remark. Trust me that was just for you, I'm the one that wrote it.

No, I saw your previous post and instead of quoting it and addressing it I added it in here just for you....Also notice the snarky "Hmm, go figure" remark. Trust me that was just for you, I'm the one that wrote it.

Why is everything u say continue to revert to the saints. Ok great kromer is here does that mean we will run what they did no it doesn't. I don't want to be the damn saints. I want to be the Chicago flippin bears. No one else. What made that line look so good is the fact they have brees and Graham. We have neither in case u haven't noticed. And before u go there im not saying those guys made that line look good

Why is everything u say continue to revert to the saints. Ok great kromer is here does that mean we will run what they did no it doesn't. I don't want to be the damn saints. I want to be the Chicago flippin bears. No one else. What made that line look so good is the fact they have brees and Graham. We have neither in case u haven't noticed. And before u go there im not saying those guys made that line look good

Why move away from the same inside zone scheme that Kromers knows and has has success with? Is Aaron just gonna move completely away from what he knows because we're the Chicago flippin Bears?

Brees does indeed make the OL look better because he gets the ball out quicker, which is something Marc is gonna want Jay to get better at. We don't have Jimmy Graham, no but we do have Brandon Marshall who is a better receiver than Graham.

We also have a better run game so whats the problem with wanting to be the Saints with a better run game...that sounds fantastic to me. Why wouldn't you wanna be the damn saints lol...with this D? oh lordy. that's scary.

Not for nothing, but I think you two should just agree to disagree.

Why move away from the same inside zone scheme that Kromers knows and has has success with? Is Aaron just gonna move completely away from what he knows because we're the Chicago flippin Bears?

Brees does indeed make the OL look better because he gets the ball out quicker, which is something Marc is gonna want Jay to get better at. We don't have Jimmy Graham, no but we do have Brandon Marshall who is a better receiver than Graham.

We also have a better run game so whats the problem with wanting to be the Saints with a better run game...that sounds fantastic to me. Why wouldn't you wanna be the damn saints lol...with this D? oh lordy. that's scary.

Its called dare to be different in a copy cat league

Its called dare to be different in a copy cat league

And we will be different but there's not much you can do differently on the offensive line and that's what we're talking about right now.

Some new blood here, Milwaukee join in on some conversations dude...the same few people posting is getting brutal....But ya ya at some point we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this topic, I'll never buy an argument that says we shouldn't try to be more like the Saints on offense...That's ludicrous...so we might as well cut it short now cause I can go all night....Which is something Twig apparently wants me to do lol

If we do that who am i supposed to argue with. Gets lonely out here on the road lol

I agree with you both!! On one hand I want us to be the Saints with that high powered offense, and on the other I want to keep that Monsters Of The Midway flavor.....we can have best of both worlds. Now when(and you cant) compare Graham to Marshall you must understand the Graham is a TE and catching the short routes and down the seams a bit, taking less time to get into his patterns, and Marshall is a WR being jammed and double teamed and taking longer to get into some of his routes. How if we had a Graham and a speed guy to replace Knox....we will be dangerous*******of course after the line is fixed*******

And we will be different but there's not much you can do differently on the offensive line and that's what we're talking about right now.

Some new blood here, Milwaukee join in on some conversations dude...the same few people posting is getting brutal....But ya ya at some point we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this topic, I'll never buy an argument that says we shouldn't try to be more like the Saints on offense...That's ludicrous...so we might as well cut it short now cause I can go all night....Which is something Twig apparently wants me to do lol

Problem is that u have made arguments to keep both webb and carimi as the starting tackles. That's where u lose me. We need an upgrade at least at LT and 1 of the G positions. Maybe its because in my life i dont assume anything and that's what u do with your arguments

Problem is that u have made arguments to keep both webb and carimi as the starting tackles. That's where u lose me. We need an upgrade at least at LT and 1 of the G positions. Maybe its because in my life i dont assume anything and that's what u do with your arguments

The Saints have Bushrod who was ranked 10 slots lower in pass protection than JWebb and Zach Strief who was a 7th round draft pick. Carimi is up in the air as I've said, if he's stronger and improves in pass blocking he's a perfect RT. You're assuming Webb doesn't improve like he's done the last 3 years aren't you? You're assuming Carimi won't come into the season stronger and thus potentially better...It goes both ways sir, it's the offseaon, everything is an assumption.