Dream Mock

jason

Now that we are close, and some more tidbits about player positioning are floating around, I'm posting my final dream mock draft.

1. DJ Fluker, RT, Bama - Immediate starter. Puts Webb on the bench where he belongs.

2. Alec Ogletree, MLB, UGA - His draft stock slipped recently, but his athleticism didn't.

4. Travis Frederick, C, Wisc. - Trains for one year, starts for a decade afterwards.

**Alternate - Ryan Swope, WR, TX A&M - If he falls this far it's probably too much to pass up.

5. Ryan Griffin, QB, Tulane - I'll let this article speak for me.

6. Stansly Maponga, DE, TCU - He's got the kind of skills you look for in a late round pick. He'll play behind, and learn from Peppers.

I really hope the Bears trade down and pick up an extra 2nd or a 3rd, but I would be pretty happy if the draft played out like this.

Now that we are close, and some more tidbits about player positioning are floating around, I'm posting my final dream mock draft.

1. DJ Fluker, RT, Bama - Immediate starter. Puts Webb on the bench where he belongs.

2. Alec Ogletree, MLB, UGA - His draft stock slipped recently, but his athleticism didn't.

4. Travis Frederick, C, Wisc. - Trains for one year, starts for a decade afterwards.

**Alternate - Ryan Swope, WR, TX A&M - If he falls this far it's probably too much to pass up.

6. Stansly Maponga, DE, TCU - He's got the kind of skills you look for in a late round pick. He'll play behind, and learn from Peppers.

I really hope the Bears trade down and pick up an extra 2nd or a 3rd, but I would be pretty happy if the draft played out like this.

1. Not a fan of Fluker, I think he's basically Gabe Carimi. A fantastic run blocker who's gonna struggle against speed rushers.

2.Like I said in my mock, I'd like to wait for an LB but if Ogletree is there at 50 I can't pass him up

4. If Schwenke isn't there I can dig Frederick.

5. Looks like a guy they can get in the 6th.

6. Rather get a DT than a DE. Whether we like it or not SMC is a DE, Wooton looks good, Peppers is Peppers, and I think Kyle Moore is gonna surprise a lot of people. So I don't think we need to go 5 deep at DE.

1. Not a fan of Fluker, I think he's basically Gabe Carimi. A fantastic run blocker who's gonna struggle against speed rushers.

2.Like I said in my mock, I'd like to wait for an LB but if Ogletree is there at 50 I can't pass him up

4. If Schwenke isn't there I can dig Frederick.

5. Looks like a guy they can get in the 6th.

6. Rather get a DT than a DE. Whether we like it or not SMC is a DE, Wooton looks good, Peppers is Peppers, and I think Kyle Moore is gonna surprise a lot of people. So I don't think we need to go 5 deep at DE.

Jason is a OL guy, and I agree with a lot of his prespective on that but I either wouldnt want Fluker in the first. He is far rated better than Carmi ever was, so I dont agree with that. Ogletree will not be there in the second, that just wont happen. He is a mid first to mid second round period. Will never make 50.

I like all your names, but prefer a 2nd round OG and there are many that could start instead of Fluker.I think Carmi, Webb and Scott can cover that position good enough. Olgetree will have to be taken with our first pick, will never last. I also would like to trade down and think that will happen. I have read that Fluker doesnt really fit what Kromer has for his proto type RT but he is good enough he could play there.I do agree the OL still has work to be done.

Ogletree's stock falling right before the draft?? I smell smokescreens.

There is a lot of football information out there, and I think all teams gather there own information and determine who they pick by THEIR views. The Bears board, is probably a lot different than all of us think it to be. The only think we can look at was last years draft, and I was pretty well surprised at all the picks and where they were picked. The jury is still out for at least another year if not two. So all of our are comments are just for fun, until they turn into criticisms or praises.

There is a lot of football information out there, and I think all teams gather there own information and determine who they pick by THEIR views. The Bears board, is probably a lot different than all of us think it to be. The only think we can look at was last years draft, and I was pretty well surprised at all the picks and where they were picked. The jury is still out for at least another year if not two. So all of our are comments are just for fun, until they turn into criticisms or praises.

It seems like every year, right before the draft, is when teams start sending out smokescreens to either boost the value of a player or diminish it. When I see somebody's stock change pretty dramatically for no apparent reason, a couple of nights before the draft, I have to pause.

It'd be great if Ogletree fell to the 2nd round where we could snatch him up, but it would shock the hell out of me.

It seems like every year, right before the draft, is when teams start sending out smokescreens to either boost the value of a player or diminish it. When I see somebody's stock change pretty dramatically for no apparent reason, a couple of nights before the draft, I have to pause.

It'd be great if Ogletree fell to the 2nd round where we could snatch him up, but it would shock the hell out of me.

I would be ok with that. I see Fluker like Loadholdt a few years back. If a LB drops like Ogletree, I'd be happy. Frederick should be a strong hold for years, but is more of a Tice type player. Schwenke really fits the ZBS. If there a way to swope, I'd be dope haha.

I would be ok with that. I see Fluker like Loadholdt a few years back. If a LB drops like Ogletree, I'd be happy. Frederick should be a strong hold for years, but is more of a Tice type player. Schwenke really fits the ZBS. If there a way to swope, I'd be dope haha.

Your right on with every comment you just made.

Position wise, I love it. It addresses the 5 biggest needs imo, (other than guard but I can't ask for 3 OL picks) Wr, the alternate pick, would be next on my need list.

This year I went back to school after 5 years off from chemistry, so trying to keep up I haven't had time to look at the players in the draft to comment on the choices.

Webb was the worst RT in the league the one year he played it. I know he is young, but RT is high on my list. I'd be happy with a guard tho. LB is much like the offensive line this year, just not as important to me. Cheap question marks filled in and hoping for the best.

I would love to see Trestman draft a QB he likes. I still question if Cutler's ego can give into Trestman's system, and whether he can cut back on the bad decision making. Even if all goes well, it's always good to have QBs waiting that you are grooming.

Peppers is getting older and may not be worth his salary after this year, bringing in yet another guy to groom to be his replacement is always good. Plus it is a 6th round pick, so it doesn't really matter much.