The Experts Are Pissin Me Off!

lemonej

Hub has been a douche since the Bears fired him.

Peace :dabears

That's not true. You forget he was fired for blasting Terry Shea and management during the Bears broadcast. I was listening when he said it was unacceptable the Bears weren't close to being an NFL offense. That's what got him canned.

Technically he was a douche before the Bears fired hiim. On this point he was a correct douch.

Maybe he was wrong about Dick Jauron, but docile Dicky has had staying power in the NFL.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Faneca and Hutchinson both continued to be top shelf pro bowl guards after they were signed. You didn't hear much about them because they were guards.

The impression I get from Bushrod is that he's a starting caliber NFL LT. He's solid but far from great. He's immediately the best o-lineman the Bears have, but that ain't saying much. We had to over-pay for him because of our need.

I'm not complaining about the signing, I'm just saying we acknowledge that we can do much better at LT. We are hoping Long is that guy.

I' not sure about Faneca but Hutchinson is still in the league but I can't say where. And I agree about saying Bushrod is the tallest midget since the previous best Bear Olineman was Lance Louis. Bushrod's contract is not so bad for a starting LT so I don't think the Bears over payed for him. Did I misunderstand your point.

A little bit off topic for this but :

Has any heard rumors if Dallas traded down with SF with intentions of taking Kyle Long? That scenario makes a lot of sense given their needs, Long's abilities and draft rankings from the pundits, and who the Cowboys ended up drafting with the 31st pick.

I'll say that's a typical Jerry Angelo deal there...trade back expecting your guy will be there and then someone grabs him ahead of you then reach a full round early to get some other player just to fill that need. Given what Howie Long said about him going before the 29th pick we can't assume he would have been there for the Cowboys either.

I'm really just wondering if perhaps Emery is more in tune with what other teams are going to do than what we saw in the past under Angelo.

A little bit off topic for this but :

Has any heard rumors if Dallas traded down with SF with intentions of taking Kyle Long? That scenario makes a lot of sense given their needs, Long's abilities and draft rankings from the pundits, and who the Cowboys ended up drafting with the 31st pick.

I'll say that's a typical Jerry Angelo deal there...trade back expecting your guy will be there and then someone grabs him ahead of you then reach a full round early to get some other player just to fill that need. Given what Howie Long said about him going before the 29th pick we can't assume he would have been there for the Cowboys either.

I'm really just wondering if perhaps Emery is more in tune with what other teams are going to do than what we saw in the past under Angelo.

This 100%.

Peace :dabears