Bears Mt. Rushmore

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I just feel like the list you're all proposing is too modern. I realize Halas gives it a little depth but Red Grange needs to be on the mountain. Frankly I'd pull Ditka. He had the talent on those late 80's teams to win several Superbowls and managed just one. Don't get me wrong, I love him, but there's no way I put him on Mount Bearmore ahead of Payton, Grange, Butkus and Halas. And the folks on PFT putting Urlacher on the list are chumps.

I just feel like the list you're all proposing is too modern. I realize Halas gives it a little depth but Red Grange needs to be on the mountain. Frankly I'd pull Ditka. He had the talent on those late 80's teams to win several Superbowls and managed just one. Don't get me wrong, I love him, but there's no way I put him on Mount Bearmore ahead of Payton, Grange, Butkus and Halas. And the folks on PFT putting Urlacher on the list are chumps.

Or they're youngsters like myself. I didn't have the privlage of watching guys like Red Grange, Dick Butkus, or be around for the coaching eras of George Halas and most of Ditka.

Urlacher for my generation was THE GUY, so I can see younger folks throwing his name on there. That said if I only put players up there that I saw play the list would be ugly.

Or they're youngsters like myself. I didn't have the privlage of watching guys like Red Grange, Dick Butkus, or be around for the coaching eras of George Halas and most of Ditka.

Well then you need to put down the joints and talk to a few Bears fans who understand the history of the team. Or better yet, read up on it. I'm sick of this team's fans taking our history lightly. We've got more members of the HOF than any other team and only fall behind the Packers when it comes to the number of championships. Yet many "fans" seem to think Forte is the best RB in team history.

Your age is no excuse.

Really, there are not enough heads!

Grange, Luckman, Sayers, Nagurski... There are simply too many.

Ditka goes in for 2 reasons...he's a HOF TE, and he was the only coach that led us to our only SB win. And kind of like it or not, he is the face of the Bears for random fans.

Agreed on Url 100%...

Well then you need to put down the joints and talk to a few Bears fans who understand the history of the team. Or better yet, read up on it. I'm sick of this team's fans taking our history lightly. We've got more members of the HOF than any other team and only fall behind the Packers when it comes to the number of championships. Yet many "fans" seem to think Forte is the best RB in team history.

Your age is no excuse.

Oh stop it, just because I'm young and haven't watched film of Red Grange or know Papa Bear Halas winning percentage doesn't make me less of a fan. I know of them, I know they were great in there day but people of my generation see Brian Urlacher (This was in response to him, not Forte) as the face of the Bears so I can totally see why they have him on their Mt. Rushmore.

Also didn't Ditka say something about losers living in the past?

Really, there are not enough heads!

Grange, Luckman, Sayers, Nagurski... There are simply too many.

Ditka goes in for 2 reasons...he's a HOF TE, and he was the only coach that led us to our only SB win. And kind of like it or not, he is the face of the Bears for random fans.

Agreed on Url 100%...

Understood on Ditka but I'm saying if you only have 4 Ditka ain't on my version of the mountain. Maybe like many wanted to add Reagan to the real one, we could find an extra portion of stone for Iron Mike...

Also didn't Ditka say something about losers living in the past?

You can take most any quote out of context. I promise you, he wasn't talking about a stone carving of the greatest Bears of all time when he said that. The very nature of this theoretical "Mount Bearmore" is historical or "about the past".

In addition, given Urlacher's history of hooking up with trashy gals, it wouldn't surprise me if he did something to embarrass us in the future. I'd hate to have to blow off his head with dynamite at some point in the not-too-distant future.

It's really unfair for Bears fans to only have 4...

That what it amounts to really!

I'd have no problem w/ Grange over Ditka. That's a debate I'm happy to lose...

Understood on Ditka but I'm saying if you only have 4 Ditka ain't on my version of the mountain. Maybe like many wanted to add Reagan to the real one, we could find an extra portion of stone for Iron Mike...

That is a fair point, I am not familiar enough with Grange but know enough he is extremely deserving.

I just felt Ditka personified the Bears, but take your point. He was the quissential Bears coach at the time...

You can take most any quote out of context. I promise you, he wasn't talking about a stone carving of the greatest Bears of all time when he said that. The very nature of this theoretical "Mount Bearmore" is historical or "about the past".

In addition, given Urlacher's history of hooking up with trashy gals, it wouldn't surprise me if he did something to embarrass us in the future. I'd hate to have to blow off his head with dynamite at some point in the not-too-distant future.

I can't imagine any Bears greats doing anything embarassing . . .

cast.jpg

CoachMikeDitkaWig.jpg

Like Clinton, given his satus, he could have done much better...

Try as I might, I STILL can't bring myself to blame Brian for doing that. I know she's a skank but I'd be all over that myself. That said, I doubt there's any pictures of Red Grange with his era's version of Paris Hilton out there. Just sayin'...

Like Clinton, given his satus, he could have done much better...

Seriously?! At one point she was one of the most famous pseudo celebrities out there. She was VERY in demand, all over the tv, and, oh yeah, she's worth a ridiculous amount of money. As far as worth/status goes, and it pains me to say this, Paris Hilton could have done much better.