Bubble Watch

AZ54

Who's on the bubble? Who is in? Who is out? Who needs to earn a job in the next 10 days?

Training camp is over and there's just a little over a week left before the roster gets cut down so let's start the debate.

Among the DBS my biggest question mark is on Brandon Hardin....I haven't seen or heard anything of him so far. Right now I'm thinking he does not make our final roster. He has two games to turn that around and really needs to show up. If he doesn't will Emery cut one of his first draft picks after just one season? There are others at the bottom of the DB depth chart can't say I"ve paid enough attention to see who is worth keeping.

WR...I think we keep 6 with Marquess Wilson and Weems at the bottom of the roster.

Oline....We know we will have Bushrod, Slauson, Garza, Long, Mills Behind them it's very cloudy but Brown looks to be our backup OG. With his pay cut I now think Webb can stick as a backup OT mainly because I don't think Jonathan Scott will return in time to earn a job and in his career he's been injury prone. Britton looked far too slow to backup LT, we'll see how he does with a solid week at RT but I'm not optimistic for his prospects. That's 7 who is #8?

WR. Is there anyone out there that would cut Earl Bennett. I am concerned the length of time out with this concussion and if he has another during the season does he miss 4 games. I know you want to look after injured players but looking at it from a business point of view if there are no major cap issues I would cut him and move on. I don't think anyone would be interested in a trade due to previous injury concerns. Then WR would be Marshall, Jeffrey, Anderson, Wilson and Seems and possibly look for a sixth from other teams cuts unless Aromashodu is kept as the sixth.

Due to Scott being injured Webb unfortunately will be the swing tackle.

WR. Is there anyone out there that would cut Earl Bennett. I am concerned the length of time out with this concussion and if he has another during the season does he miss 4 games. I know you want to look after injured players but looking at it from a business point of view if there are no major cap issues I would cut him and move on. I don't think anyone would be interested in a trade due to previous injury concerns. Then WR would be Marshall, Jeffrey, Anderson, Wilson and Seems and possibly look for a sixth from other teams cuts unless Aromashodu is kept as the sixth.

Due to Scott being injured Webb unfortunately will be the swing tackle.

IIRC the Bears still take a cap hit if the cut Bennett this season right? So there's basically no obvious reason to do so financially, just for the roster spot?

My sense is that Hardin is on the bubble, but it's not like other safeties have been particularly impressive. I mean Wright and Conte are the clear starters, Steltz probably sticks. Zbikowski hasn't been impressive. Neither has Tom Nelson. I think they like Anthony Walters, but he can probably be put on the practice squad. Unless we add someone who gets cut from another squad, Hardin has as much upside as anybody. I'd like to see him stick around, though I admit I haven't seen much from him.