Other Starter at DE?

CrackerDog

I'd assumed all along Wootton was the man but according to this article it hasn't been decided yet.

I can't see the link but assume it is an article abotu Wooton and SMC splitting time at the position. FWIW, you have to admit that SMC did play pretty good in the preseason. Maybe not 'stellar' but not any worse than did Wooton.

I seem to recall the report also noting that Williams and Bostic would be in the same setup. Despite Briggs' contention.

Personally, I would play SMC the first game with their starting LT being out. He would probably own their back up all game. If their starter was in, I could see Wooten instead.

The law firm is still on there team right? Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis. The Bengals are a physical team on both sides of the ball and I can't see them not trying to take it to the Bears and that doesn't fit SMC's profile. Wooten OTOH is as big as Peppers and almost as strong. Also the LT plays opposite the RDE. That is Peppers spot. Wooten or SMC would go against the RT.

Wooten is the better player. McClellin gets abused in the run game and has pretty much zero counter moves to shed off blockers.

Both will see a lot of reps. Plus, Wooten is capable of moving to DT when the Bears bring out their rush, nickel package, which will allow McClellin, Peppers, and Wooten to all be on the field at the same time. Personally, I'd love to see McClellin get more reps at OLB as the season goes on. However, that doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

Wooten is the better player. McClellin gets abused in the run game and has pretty much zero counter moves to shed off blockers.

Both will see a lot of reps. Plus, Wooten is capable of moving to DT when the Bears bring out their rush, nickel package, which will allow McClellin, Peppers, and Wooten to all be on the field at the same time. Personally, I'd love to see McClellin get more reps at OLB as the season goes on. However, that doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

Agree again. Wootton is the superior player but McClellin will get a lot of snaps. Personally, I believe in both.

Agree again. Wootton is the superior player but McClellin will get a lot of snaps. Personally, I believe in both.

I agree also and believe that it doesn't matter who starts but more about who finishes. I believe Wooten is ready to breakout and also is in a contract year along with several other Bears. My only question about him has been durability and he answered that last season. SMC still is not a full time DE. He is the player that that is the rush LB in a 3-4..I hope they stop being stubborn and have a package where he drops rushes and moves around on the line.

Guest TerraTor
Personally, I would play SMC the first game with their starting LT being out. He would probably own their back up all game. If their starter was in, I could see Wooten instead.

Hell of a 1st RD pick he was. Total garbage