Isaiah Frey

Alaskan Grizzly

So before I get into this too much, let me reiterate that I picked Anderson to be the surpise player for the year. He still has that possibility.

But if you take it all into context, Anderson really hasn't played all that much better.

First look at their respective positions; Frey is a Nickel Back, Anderson OLB. Frey doesn't play every defensive down, Anderson does. Frey has 13 tackles and is a two year pro, Anderson has 19 total tackles and has been playing for 8 years. Lastly, Frey makes about $400k per year, Anderson $1 million.

In relation to what you ask me, there is a fine line between "mediocre" and "good". In my mind, Anderson should be MUCH better than Frey in order to gain the distinction of "playing better".

Anderson's on pace for about 102 tackles. That's pretty good. I wouldn't exactly measure success, especially when trying to make a case for a CB over a LB, on tackles. Chances are, if a CB is racking up a ton of tackles, that most likely means a lot of passes are being caught on them. For $600K, give me Anderson.

So before I get into this too much, let me reiterate that I picked Anderson to be the surpise player for the year. He still has that possibility.

But if you take it all into context, Anderson really hasn't played all that much better.

First look at their respective positions; Frey is a Nickel Back, Anderson OLB. Frey doesn't play every defensive down, Anderson does. Frey has 13 tackles and is a two year pro, Anderson has 19 total tackles and has been playing for 8 years. Lastly, Frey makes about $400k per year, Anderson $1 million.

In relation to what you ask me, there is a fine line between "mediocre" and "good". In my mind, Anderson should be MUCH better than Frey in order to gain the distinction of "playing better".

I was about to make a post about how Anderson comes out when Frey comes in but I was surprised to see that it's actually Williams that comes out in the nickel package.

That tells me the Bears like Anderson more than Williams since it's usually the OLB that comes out.

Like Brian said, he's on pace for 102 tackles, and I've also seen him active in the secondary breaking up a few passes...He's a good player

Why is that?

Just have never been impressed with his body of work. I believe for his system to be effective it takes a huge amount of talent. If you look at the draft and free agent imbalance during his tenure, you'll see why the D continues to be decent, but now on the decline due to the offense getting some attention.

Per coaches review, Anderson has 29 tackles, on pace for 155 tackles.

So "coaches review"? I looked at three differenct sites; ChicagoBears.com, Rotoworld and ESPN.com and all three show 19 total (solo and assist).

Coincidently the closest he's gotten to the 100 tackes (solo) were in 2011 (98) and 2010 (101) both with Carolina.

"On pace" translates to speculation. And we have already discussed the speculative decline of productivity with other linebackers in the past, that one being Urlacher. Not to say it will happen here but similar to your comment of "on pace" it could.