Head coaches fired

Uncle Buck

None for me, maybe Chud in Cleveland. But I am glad Schiano got sent packing. He's a first class asshole as far as I am concerned.

Yeah the Chudzinki firing does have many scratching their heads. The ownership/management there is certainly being put through the ringer.

FWIW, I'm VERY glad to see Schwantz leave Detroit. Talk about douchebags.

Unfortunate for Frazier. Although when hired I had the impression he was in over his head. Turns out he just couldn't get it done. As I said before he or Singletary would make for an intriguing D coordinator. (Chicago?)

Shannahan was put into a bad position..in my opinion. Washington is like Dallas in that they both have meddling owners who don't know their place.

Yeah the Chudzinki firing does have many scratching their heads. The ownership/management there is certainly being put through the ringer.

FWIW, I'm VERY glad to see Schwantz leave Detroit. Talk about douchebags.

Unfortunate for Frazier. Although when hired I had the impression he was in over his head. Turns out he just couldn't get it done. As I said before he or Singletary would make for an intriguing D coordinator. (Chicago?)

Shannahan was put into a bad position..in my opinion. Washington is like Dallas in that they both have meddling owners who don't know their place.

I'd rather they be undisciplined douche bags than get a coach in there that is gonna get them to play disciplined football....That team is good coaching away from being a scary, scary team.

I'd rather they be undisciplined douche bags than get a coach in there that is gonna get them to play disciplined football....That team is good coaching away from being a scary, scary team.

This is Detroit we're talking about. When asked if he would work with a QB coach this offseason to improve his mechanics Stafford bluntly stated: “Probably not,” Stafford said. “It’s not something that I feel would be my style or beneficial to me.” Their arrogance is not going to change in one offseason.

This is Detroit we're talking about. When asked if he would work with a QB coach this offseason to improve his mechanics Stafford bluntly stated: “Probably not,” Stafford said. “It’s not something that I feel would be my style or beneficial to me.” Their arrogance is not going to change in one offseason.

True this. If they were to bring in a 'Tom Coughlin' type coach most of the current players would rebel because their teams leaders are bad examples. Suh, Stafford and Bush to name a few. The only one worth any sand (talent wise and character) is Calvin. Poor guy's stuck on a sinking ship.

They do have a lot of talent there is no doubt. Unfortunatley many of the players know it and are compelled to remind everyone else about it.

Wow Stafford is dumb, and clearly can't take an honest look at himself. I heard the team chemistry there was awful. People think Jay's a prick how'd you like to have a QB with serious flaws in his game and refuses to do anything to fix them because in his mind he's good.

Wow Stafford is dumb, and clearly can't take an honest look at himself. I heard the team chemistry there was awful. People think Jay's a prick how'd you like to have a QB with serious flaws in his game and refuses to do anything to fix them because in his mind he's good.

The problem is...coming off that 0-16 team and multiple years of Stafford injuries...Detroit needed to have an attitude like this to get themselves out of the cellar. I totally buy where this is coming from...someone had to tell them to be nasty, to be extremely cocky, just to get these guys believing in themselves.

It should be clear though that attitude could only take them so far. This was the attitude they needed to get out of the cellar, now they need someone to come in and kick their tails into gear to turn them into a disciplined, effective football team.

We'll see if that's the kind of coach they hire at this point. Lovie Smith, IMO, would have been a terrible fit there for that reason - the player's coach isn't what these guys need.