This week cannot get over any quicker

ASHKUM BEAR

Watching Sundays games is not helping.  Young QBs having career games, WRs throwing up 150+, RBs scoring and hitting the century mark.  To make it even worse, we only scored 3 freaking points...3.  Gonna be the low turd after Monday.  Next Sunday needs to get here fast to get this nasty taste out.  Nagy has his work cut out to get this team up to speed. They owe us a game. The offense owes the D.  

I blame Nagy for the inept offense.  I watched Baldy's Breakdowns courtesy of a poster on Reddit. Mitch wasn't really as bad as I thought but he certainly could have been better.   The Oline on the other hand was as bad as I thought.  The play calling was atrocious with a complete disregard for running the ball.   Why did we use our first draft pick on a RB if we don't want to run?  It's that simple.  Despite all that there is room for optimism if a few minor corrections are made at each level.   Mitch has to get out of constant TD-to-checkdown mode and make quicker decisions.  Sometimes you just take what was given as soon as it's given.  Nagy has to run the ball so Mitch has some better throwing windows.    The Oline needs to run block up the middle far better especially when the numbers are in their favor.  

1. Nagy’s creativity

2. The tactics (Packers)

3. Bears had trouble on the o-line

4. Preston Smith is dangerous

5. Bears missed some golden opportunities

6. Praising the Packers db’s and their dime defense

7. Packer’s will be dangerous on 1st downs in the new offense

8. Leonard Floyd was a BOSS,, his growth could really help the defense

At some point, Nagy is going to have to realize Trubisky isn't a pocket passer and start playing to his strengths more - which means getting him outside the pocket and having him run around with his legs. A good way of protecting a limited quarterback is to have a strong running game. Give the ball to Montgomery and see if he's capable of being a bell cow back. There's no way Trubisky should be throwing the ball 45 times in a game they score 3 points and never went beyond a 1 possession game.

Nagy has had issues dating back to KC's playoff loss where Nagy was the playcaller. This game just hit a new low that we have not seen since the likes of Loggains and Shoop. 

Of all the QBs with at least 20 attempts, Trubisky has the 2nd lowest QB Rating this week, only better than Winston (who threw 3 picks with 2 Pick-6's). Here is how Trubisky looked against other young QBs (sorted by rating):

1. Jackson 17-20, 85.0%, 324 yds, 5 TD, 0 INT, 1 sack, 158.3 Rating
1. Prescott 25-32, 78.1%, 405 yds, 4 TD, 0 INT, 0 sack, 158.3 Rating
3. Mahomes 25-33, 75.8%, 378 yds, 3 TD, 0 INT, 0 sacks, 143.2 Rating
4. Minshew 22-25, 88.0%, 275 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT, 1 sack, 122.5 Rating
5. Wentz 28-39, 71.8%, 313 yds, 3 TD, 0 INT, 1 sack, 121.0 Rating
6. Brissett 21-27, 77.8 yds, 190 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT, 2 sacks, 120.7 Rating
7. Darnold 28-41, 68.3%, 175 yds, 1 TD, 4 sacks, 84.9 Rating
8. Garoppolo 18-27, 66.7%, 166 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 sack, 80.2 Rating
9. Murray 29-54, 53.7%, 308 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT, 5 sacks, 75.2 Rating
10. Allen 24-37, 64.9%, 254 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT, 1 sack, 71.2 Rating
11. Goff 23-39, 59.0%, 186 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 2 sack, 69.0 Rating
12. Mayfield 25-38, 65.8%, 285 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT, 5 sacks, 64.0 Rating
13. Trubisky 26-45, 57.8%, 228 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT, 5 sacks, 62.1 Rating

Trubisky was the only QB to not throw a TD, had the 2nd lowest Comp% (Murray) and was tied with the most sacks (5). Jackson and Prescott had perfect Passer Rating games, which is pretty amazing considering they were not seen as elite QB's. Minshew, a rookie, came in and looked completely comfortable. Everyone after Brissett looked shaky. Goff looked exactly like Trubisky, but the Rams ran the damn ball. That was the difference in their game. Mayfield, with all those weapons, did not look good. He missed a ton of opportunities, and throws up a lot of balls (like Trubisky's INT). I would say that trio looked incredibly similar.

I’m sorry guys but this is starting to sound a lot like the Cutler-excusim of past.  I have a hard time biting off on the idea that Nagy is the largest piece of the non-fitting puzzle.  Yes he should have had his starters play more in the preseason (this year and last) and perhaps his play calling should have been more run centric but the operator in this is the key piece to execution.  What about the talk of all the audibles Trubiksy was allowed and chose throughout the game?  Was he deciding to pass when he should have been calling a running play?  Maybe Nagy got overconfident in his QBs abilities and allowed him too much latitude to make those calls?  It’s pretty apparent not just in last weeks game but in games from before that Trubisky struggles in reading the field and even making the right call (the majority of the time) during RPO plays.  That right there should be the easiest for him to adapt to AND play to his skillset, yet he struggles with that.  

I think today will go along way towards what we'll see going forward.  I suspect there will be a reset with Trubiksy not being able do as many line adjustments and a more run-balanced game.   His passes will need to be short and mid range to be effective and I’ll bet the gadget plays will be minimal.  I’m fairly confident Nagy will adjust his game to the better; will Trubisky?