Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. I am thinking they may hold him out until Week 7, since it is a short week. If he comes back for Week 6 and ATL, he would only have 3 days of rest (including travel) for the next game. I don't think they would risk that as the reinjury rate is pretty high. So I would not be surprised if Bagent starts against GB and ATL and Caleb returns for NE, then gets the mini bye after that game before MNF in Seattle the following week. That gives him more time to recover after his first game back.
  3. Today

  4. Bagent announced as this week's starter. Will be curious to see if Caleb takes any reps - I got to imagine they want to get him back out there and make sure he goes through the motions before they get him back on the field. Having him get some limited reps this week and then maybe a full practice week next week would put him in play for Falcons game...if he doesn't get any reps this week I could see Falcons game being less likely. We need to get our QB back - huge to win 2 straight with our backups (and hopefully a 3rd straight) but our starting QB still has a lot of reps and growth he needs and while he's more raw in his pocket play - he's such an elite talent.
  5. I wouldn’t quite write off the Pats just yet. They beat Josh Allen and the Bills in Buffalo yesterday. Maye had a resurgence with 269 yards and 3 TDs. ‘Any given Sunday’.
  6. I was watching a local Chicago broadcast interview this morning with Johnson and he said Bagent would be the starter.
  7. Agreed. Ironically I think Brees described him more an Amon Ra St Brown wideout and I’d agree with that assessment. Burden is still more like a DJ duplicate. Still to think Raymond was considered primarily a PR he’s been the leading receiver so far(?) Was thinking about some of the former Lions players currently on the team and how well they’ve been doing; Raymond, Jonah Jackson and Swift among them. Any chance you think Johnson could get Hutchinson to come over?
  8. CB needs to be one of the day 1 or 2 pick, preferably day 2. Muhammed is a 4th round gem. My hope is they are aggressive adding to the defensive line to build a strong rotation. They need to replace the higher contract and aging players soon. I doubt the flush them all but need to have talent
  9. Or the defense, sans Johnson’s performance, played well overall. That play AZ highlighted was exactly the same one I saw. He literally moved out of the way of the guy who caught a pass to let other defenders tackle him. Between that and his inability to keep pace with the better route runners shows his best days are behind him. IMHO.
  10. Winning in the road against a team like the Packers is never easy...they have their backs against the wall and they are going to give it everything. Even harder if we have our backup QB out there...not saying it isn't possible...but this is not going to be easy...possible...absolutely...I believe this team beat anyone when they play their best.
  11. In fairness, when you don't notice a DB that is generally a good thing. I can't recall any passes his direction even. I think people are being too hard on JJ and even Stevenson. Yeah he dropped a pick...but he also was right where he needed to be on that play and had a few really good tackles and played good overall sans 1 play (and I think the safety left him exposed on that play).
  12. Overall good game...they left points on the field but did a lot right. Huge credit to defense to doing what it needed to do. No one player...just playing well as a team and making things hard for the opposing QB. Geno did not have much time to throw at all...which is always a good thing. Offensively oline played outstanding and Bradbury looked excellent. Want to acknowledge that since he started the season slow. Theo played a pretty darn good game himself filling in for Jones. Bagent was good...not great. Execution in red zone left a lot to be desired and he had basically 2 real poor throws for INT's (one of which was overturned). The other 2 picks on penalties were on free plays / because of the penalty...so I didn't mind those two one bit. That said - Bagent used more of the field than Keenum. Rome had a very good game and I felt we had players open all game which was a great thing and something we saw less of early in the season. Curious if we see Caleb on practice field on Wednesday...winning on the road against your division rivals with a backup QB is tough...will be tough with Caleb too. I imagine Bears are going to try and make it hard on Packers D to prepare so my guess is we won't know starter until Sunday and even if Caleb practices that may not be a sign (obviously if he doesn't practice he isn't playing - he's been out too long to not need a week of practice to get back into the game). Really nice win and Monagai played strong. Fully expect Swift will learn from this game and I do think his knee is impacting his explosiveness / final push too. Swift fumbled zero times last year so I dont' think this is a long-term issue, but clearly he's got to dial it in and work on the little things. Hopefully Monagai's injury isn't serious. Roschon ran hard as well. I think one big point from BJ was how hard Kyle and Roschon ran and my guess is Swift just isn't comfortable pushing himself further...so maybe it ends up being a blessing in disguise he got more limited reps.
  13. One commonality between them was how poised they both were in the pocket. Both stood tall to look for recievers running their routes. I’d give the edge to Keenum on timing and decisiveness. Think I saw Bagent scramble twice and Keenum none(?) - not that he really could if he had to.
  14. I know you kind of throw stats out in rivalry games, but this is not the same Packers team of previous years. In terms of points, yards, and efficiency on offense and defense, the Bears are in another stratosphere as GB is right now. GB's two wins were by 3 pts each over the Jets and winless Bucs. In both of those games, Love threw for less than 200 yards, and they still won. They either get blown out, or win close games. On the flip side, the Bears have 3 wins by 10+ pts and a 6 pt loss in a monsoon.
  15. Offense Defense PPG CHI 28.0 vs GB 18.3 CHI 16.3 vs GB 26.3 YPG CHI 429.0 vs GB 307.3 CHI 282.3 vs GB 324.3 YPP CHI 5.8 vs GB 5.2 CHI 5.9 vs GB 5.0 EPA/P CHI +0.06 vs GB -0.16 CHI -0.15 vs GB -0.02 Pass YPG CHI 232.8 vs GB 249.3 CHI 179.8 vs GB 185.0 Rush YPG CHI 196.3 vs GB 58.0 CHI 102.5 vs GB 139.3 Pass YPP CHI 6.7 vs GB 6.2 CHI 6.6 vs GB 5.8 Rush YPP CHI 4.9 vs GB 3.2 CHI 4.9 vs GB 4.2 TOP CHI 36:35 vs GB 26:14
  16. The opening line was +2.5, that has already shifted to -1.5.
  17. This game should've been a blowout of biblical proportions. The Bears had more first downs than the Jets had plays. The TOP difference was crazy, 42 to 17. The Jets converted 0 3rd Downs. The Bears lost the turnover battle 2-0 and still won by double digits. The Bears also did not punt. In reference to Keenum vs Bagent. Keenum's game was the quick short game. Bagent's game plan was closer to what we see with Caleb's. My biggest concern about Bagent is he is heavily weighted to the right side of the field. That makes it much easier to defend and reminds me a lot of Trubisky. Check out his chart, only 4 pass attempts to the left of the hashes beyond the LOS.
  18. Still too early to assess any real impact. Dexter was never a good fit for Allen's defense. He was always better suited as a 3-4 DE than a 4-3 DT.
  19. Just a reminder of the names you didn't hear about during this game. If you watch the film I linked above you'll see how Darnell Wright made Bailey invisible in this game. https://www.nfl.com/news/david-bailey-jets-no-2-overall-pick-2026-nfl-draft
  20. Film reviews....people are cranking this stuff out fast. Not that anyone here is asking about it but the bottom line: We hired the right HC from the Lions staff.
  21. This was the biggest concern for me. He threw 4 (?) picks (one actual that wasn’t nullified by penalties). Maybe Bagent edges Keenum by a little on arm strength but experience wise it’s Case hands down. That’s who I’d prefer for GB.
  22. Exactly. That was about the only time he did anything and even then it was…nothing.
  23. ...and nobody misses this guy.
  24. Someone would have to show me some data that there are more non-contact injuries. No way the Bears should be the underdog in this game.
  25. Bagent was the better QB choice today. However I feel like he was on a leash. I expected more roll outs and even some read-option runs. How about a QB sneak at the goal line? Were they protecting him after the concussion? His arm strength opened things up more outside the numbers but he clearly does not throw with the anticipation we saw from Keenum. There's a decade of experience gap between them and just one way to close it. Hopefully getting a game of film to watch helps Bagent this week. Swift didn't have his burst this week so I think the injury issue is real. That's no excuse for the fumble. In hindsight I'm glad they pulled him from the game because that rest might help him play against the Packers because we don't know the status of Monangai. The deep pass we gave up (Stevenson) late in the game: Single high safety coverage there so it seems to me Thieneman should have been helping deep instead of pressing down on an intermediate in cut. While we can highlight the negatives on the defense this unit is very cohesive overall. No stars, a few big plays here and there but for the most part nothing was easy for the Jets. Detroit did not play nearly as well against the Jets offense last week. This is now 3 data points in a row so that makes a trend and I'm giving them their due.
  26. With each passing week you can feel CB being our first round pick. That said we should take best available defensive player minus safety.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.