All Activity
Today
-
Kalif Raymond Appreciation Thread
Something that concerns me, is that Odunze and Burden will be up for contract the same year. I think Kmet will be a foregone conclusion. As PHX spoke about last year, he may be a huge trade candidate this year.
-
Week 5 Official Game Thread - CHI @ GB, SUN 10/11, 12PM, FOX, CHI +2.5, O/U 45.5
This game needs to be won 34-17 or better. I demand it.
-
Week 4 Official Game Thread - NYJ at CHI, Sun, Oct 4, 12PM, FOX, CHI -3.5, O/U 43
Definitely looks sticky to me. What I like best watching this film is how our DBs, including the rookie, know their assignment coming out of all the stacked formations and they don't trip over each other. It won't always be that way as better teams will run better interference fits but 4 wks in Malik is looking good especially for having learned and started at two positions.
-
Week 4 Official Game Thread - NYJ at CHI, Sun, Oct 4, 12PM, FOX, CHI -3.5, O/U 43
You can see what a difference he makes in run defense. Plus he's sticky in man coverage. I still think he was supposed to stay over the top on the one deep TD the Jets got. Still just 4 weeks in and he is the leading tackler on our defense and has been the leading tackler in every game.
- Year 2 QB QBR Tracker
-
Kalif Raymond Appreciation Thread
That's not good but we also have issues as we're negative in cap space next year. Detroit has just 29 players rostered and $62mil in cap space. That's not even an average of $3mil per player for the 24 spots they need to fill so their depth is going to take a hit. We'll need to sign 11 players with -$1mil in cap space. That's how we all know Jaylon Johnson is not going to be here next year, including Jaylon himself. There will have to be other cuts or perhaps extensions (i.e. Sweat, Kmet) if it can be worked out cost effectively. After seeing how we drafted (offense, offense, offense) you know Ben is going to want to keep Kmet around.
Yesterday
-
Week 5 Official Game Thread - CHI @ GB, SUN 10/11, 12PM, FOX, CHI +2.5, O/U 45.5
Bears are a top 10 team, Packers are a bottom 10 team. Packers are closer to the Jets than they are to either the Eagles or Panthers. The Bears can't lose this game. Most simulations are saying Bears 24-17 at the worst. Others say 27-13 or 14.
-
Week 5 Official Game Thread - CHI @ GB, SUN 10/11, 12PM, FOX, CHI +2.5, O/U 45.5
Only 3 undefeated teams left, KC, SF, and MIN. MIN is a paper tiger. KC has two 3pt wins. SF is the most legit team so far. Bears should be right there with them.
-
Year 2 QB QBR Tracker
Funny thing is, I'm not going to fault him for any of those three. The TD was not easy. Sure, he had it in his hands, but got broken up before he could secure it to his body. I'm not sure what important data would say on success, but I would guess 60/40 in favor of TD. On the punt, I call that an effort related brain fart. The field goal thing was widely scrutinized. People analyzed the play and said Cole didn't move either, leading them to text slower. On that outside position, they can't see the ball or their fellow linemen. The most important thing I see is his early involvement in 13 personnel. BJ is trusting him to make key blocks and he is succeeding. Our TE's are massive in the run game. We have a gross display of options on offense.
-
Week 5 Official Game Thread - CHI @ GB, SUN 10/11, 12PM, FOX, CHI +2.5, O/U 45.5
good point!
-
Kalif Raymond Appreciation Thread
Good point. I don't know how much he interacted with the defensive players, but Hutchinson cap hit grows to $54M in 2029. They backloaded it to go all in the next two years. After that, they will have to shed salary. Goff goes to $62M next year, then $69M in 2028. Half their cap next year is in Goff, St. Brown, and Sewell already.
-
Year 2 QB QBR Tracker
His mistakes have just been magnified because they have been so noticeable. Drops an easy TD, jumps on a perfect punt for no reason causing a touchback, not even attempting to block on FG try, not following blockers on designed screen, etc.
-
Year 2 QB QBR Tracker
Rookies are gonna make mistakes and hopefully learn. He will be a big contributor on this team for years to come.
-
Year 2 QB QBR Tracker
Agreed. Watch the Baldy video I posted this morning. He's really good in the run game.
-
Year 2 QB QBR Tracker
I dont think Rousch has been all that bad. People are over analyzing his every play. He has played about as equal as Kmet and has only played 4 games.
-
Trade Deadline...
I'll propose we trade for Jeffrey Simmons. We send them Grady Jarrett, for their locker room, and next year's first...
-
Year 2 QB QBR Tracker
True. After years searching for one QB we can win games with we now have 3.
-
Year 2 QB QBR Tracker
Bears QBR so far this season, week by week: 1 - Williams 92.3 2 - Williams 70.3 3 - Keenum 74.1 4 - Bagent 75.1 4 straight games with the primary QB with a QBR over 70 is impressive. 3 out of 4 weeks with a QB in the top 10 in QBR. Coaching matters.
-
Year 2 QB QBR Tracker
Definitely, Thieneman was the correct pick, so was Muhammad. Actually he probably should've been the Rousch pick. That one is looking like a whiff.
-
Trade Deadline...
The only return would be possible Cap trade off. I would never expect the Bears to do that with how important a backup QB is. Does Keenum return next season? He was going to retire until BJ called him.
-
Trade Deadline...
With Caleb under repair I don’t see anyway they trade Bagent mid season. First off the trade value won’t change between now and the offseason but you can’t get your ROI until next year regardless. Unless it’s a trade for a player.
-
Trade Deadline...
I don't think the Bears will be sellers at the deadline. I could see an Edge or CB. Jaylon and Stevenson have been really bad.
-
Week 5 Official Game Thread - CHI @ GB, SUN 10/11, 12PM, FOX, CHI +2.5, O/U 45.5
Cronin said Caleb not expected to practice this week, so hopefully next week.
Last week
-
Trade Deadline...
I haven't seen the article, but Brad Biggs believes the Bears will be in play for a defensive player. Other news, Marcus Davenport requested to be released from the practice squad.
-
Week 4 Official Game Thread - NYJ at CHI, Sun, Oct 4, 12PM, FOX, CHI -3.5, O/U 43
I am always thinking both today and tomorrow, which is sometimes too much. Right on. I've been mocking just that.... DE, DT, CB, OT, RB, and QB. RB probably don't happen with Swift extended and the 3rd back needs to be ST stud first and good all around in run, catch, and blocking. Things can change if they carry 4 RBs.