39-48-71

Stinger226

A writer for The Athletic took 70  sites big boards and made a consensus big board. 

So lets say this IS the board all teams use for value of players.

We have 39-48-71 and I think the first three positions that we take are OL, DT and WR, in some order

As you look at the board the sweet spot imo is 40-75, were our  three picks are..

WR--40. Pickens.                 DT 44 Logan Hall.            OT 53 Tyler Smith

47 Watson.                        54 D. Leaf.                        61 D Faalele

57 Skyy Moore.                59 Winfrey.                       64 D Kinnard

58 Metchie lll.                                                              70 N Petit-Frere

66 Tolbert.                                                                     73 Abraham Lucas

72 Pierce

If not trading out my choices  my choices would be L Hall---- Tyler Smith---- Alex Pierce

Second choice.  Watson---Winfrey---  (Cole Strange was at 76.).

I can see where if they  trade back with 39  and 48 you could still have  picks in the sweet spot.

Potential trade teams, criteria is they have multiple late picks and also a contender

Bat    45-76-100-110-119-128-139-141

Cinn  63-95-136-174-209

Cleve 44-68-99-107-118-202-233-231-246

Dallas 56-88-129-155-167-176-178-193

Denver 64-75-96-115-145-206-232

GB 53-59-92-132-140-171-228-249-258

Indy 73-122-159-178-216

KC 50-62-94-103-121-135-233-243-251-259

Chargers79-123-160-195-214-236-254-255-260

Phil 51-83-101-124-154-162-166-237

SF 61-93-105-134-172-187-220-221-262

TB 60-91-133-248-261

Tenn 80-131-143-169-204-219

Pitt 52-84-137-208-225-241

There are many teams with multiple picks so I think we definitely get the chance to move down.

Example: Dallas wants to draft Watson , he will never make it to 56. 56-88-167 for 39.

We have 48-56-71-88

Cin  wants Tyler Smith  so they trade 63-95-174 for 48

So we end up with 56-63-71-88-95.  We draft Winfrey- Kennard- Pierce and  still have 88-95

What say you?

42 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Is it possible their data used was old?  For the sake of it being accurate, I'd trade with Cleveland at 50 and 64 for 39.  That gives us 48, 50, 64 and 71.  With those picks I take Smith, Moore, Leaf and Pierce.

The article came out yesterday, probably took a week to put together. The trade was just my show of a possible trade back. The article jus shows the big board. The team picks came from GBNReport website. 

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

The article came out yesterday, probably took a week to put together. The trade was just my show of a possible trade back. The article jus shows the big board. The team picks came from GBNReport website. 

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply the article was old.  Some websites update as buzz around a player happens.  Most of the main sites have Watson and Smith going in the first and the trend has slowly moved that way.  The main draft sites update frequently, while the independent guys may have old data. 

Anyway, I love this stuff.  Playing armchair GM and coach warms all of the old football injuries and keeps me in the game.

59 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply the article was old.  Some websites update as buzz around a player happens.  Most of the main sites have Watson and Smith going in the first and the trend has slowly moved that way.  The main draft sites update frequently, while the independent guys may have old data. 

Anyway, I love this stuff.  Playing armchair GM and coach warms all of the old football injuries and keeps me in the game.

This is just how they ranked them, not where they think they will be picked. Tyler Smith will be picked before pick 54. Watson will go before pick 47. The QBs always go higher.

6 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Rankings are all over the place, seemingly more than usual.  

39  Kenyon Green  

48 Christian Watson 

71 Cole Strange 

I would love that to happen. Green and Strange are both OGs. Strange can play OC but the more talent the better. A replacement for Whitehair next year and get rid of 14 mil cap hit. Someone I have heard a lot of positive stuff has been for Zack Tom. He has moved up the board to a 3rd or 4 th round. Another one to watch is Max Mitchell, Tom Thayer have mentioned him several times on All Access. They have several options in the third round .

7 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I would love that to happen. Green and Strange are both OGs. Strange can play OC but the more talent the better. A replacement for Whitehair next year and get rid of 14 mil cap hit. Someone I have heard a lot of positive stuff has been for Zack Tom. He has moved up the board to a 3rd or 4 th round. Another one to watch is Max Mitchell, Tom Thayer have mentioned him several times on All Access. They have several options in the third round .

I think you can toss in Zach Tom,  Max Mitchell, or a few other names; or you can switch around the positions (i.e. WR @ 39)  and still get a winning combination in this draft to fix the IOL in 2022.  Or even get the future LT we need.  Right now the Bears have the highest cap space in 2023 at $97mil.  Setup this year with the right interior players to cut Whitehair next year and you can make that $110mil.   

Plus, when it comes to building a championship caliber roster there is no bigger question to answer than if Fields is the right QB.  I like him but that's just the reality of a young QB in the NFL.  With that kind of cap space and a full boat of draft picks Poles should want to know the answer to that question before we draft in 2023.  Fixing the Oline as best as is reasonably possible, and a decent WR, gives him the best chance to evaluate Fields.   Just do it.    

1 hour ago, killakrzydav said:

WR

CB

OG

I think the first 3 picks will be a starting OG, a X WR, and a contributing defensive player, DT or CB. The 5th and 6th round picks will be another WR and a developmental OT. If they get extra picks, they will address CB, SS, LB and pass rusher.

8 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

A lotta talk about trading Monty and Quinn on Twitter. My take is they are remaking the roster but calling it a rebuild means they don't think they can win. I think they don't view it that way. Mack has not been Mack for the last few years, so losing him is not as big a deal as it sounds. For not signing ARob, Pringle had more production than ARob did last year. If you want the existing players to buy into what their selling, you can't get rid of good players. Monty is a team leader and hard worker. People think a 3rd pick is more valuable than David playing this year. Offer him a team friendly contract after this year, you don't have to pay him big money. Quinn allows them to have Gipson and QMo to ascend without destroying the team. The Def is not going to be top 5 but I don't see them lower than top 15. The Flus concept is 7 to the ball and push TOs. That will bare  better results than last year. The key to the season is getting the offense up to top 20 that will make us around a 500 team. If Fields takes a jump, a winning record.

I just posted Rapoport's Tweet about teams inquiring on Quinn.  This is the first I've heard of Montgomery but combining that news with this quote and I can see where he'd prefer to avoid either the new contract for Montgomery or letting him walk but then hoping for a comp pick.   The downside is that if he can see that depth so can everyone else.   In that case just like Quinn, Montgomery likely only has value to a team competing deep in the playoffs who wants to use their early picks to fill other holes on the roster.       

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/5-things-we-learned-ryan-poles-pre-draft-presser-picks-trade-deepest-positions

(3) When asked about the deepest positions on the second and third days of the draft, Poles named four different spots.

"I would say the O-line depth is pretty good," he said. "There's some good depth with the DBs. There's a couple defensive linemen. The running back class may not be top-heavy, but there's a ton. It's crazy how many running backs there are.

"I think a lot of it has to do with the COVID year [when all college players were given an additional year of eligibility]. A lot of those guys are kicking back, so the middle-to-bottom, definitely into free agency, there's a massive amount of players. That's why it took so much time to get the board set, not only at the top but at the bottom. There are a lot of players on this board."

32 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I think the first 3 picks will be a starting OG, a X WR, and a contributing defensive player, DT or CB. The 5th and 6th round picks will be another WR and a developmental OT. If they get extra picks, they will address CB, SS, LB and pass rusher.

I am feeling this and locking my guess

Tyler Smith OT/G - Poles wants aggressive physical play for his oline style. Smith to a T.

Alec Peirce WR- Bears went to his pro day. Guys has size and speed. Jordy Nelson 2.0?

Phidarian Mathis DT - I changed this from Cook from Cincy bc i forgot about the Crushank signing.  Mathis or another potential 3T. 

I listened to a podcast with Matt Bowen. I have always found him to be insightful. He talked about Logan Hall as a target and perfect fit for the bears. Also liked Pierce and Tolbert for WRs. He said you need a boundary WR that can be physical enough to get you first downs. Pierce also has the speed to go deep. Said players like Sky Moore doesn't fit what the bears need. Possibly Bell as consolation if you miss speed guys. The talk with Logan Hall may put him in the first round but if at 39, you have to take. Also said need a OL early to fix this line. 

So I have already had to change.

39. Logan Hall/DT

48. Cole Strange/OG. Strange is valued as a late second early 3.

71. Alex Pierce, if Pierce is gone Jalen Tolbert. Get a speed guy in the 5th, Grey, Thornton, or Melton.

7 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I listened to a podcast with Matt Bowen. I have always found him to be insightful. He talked about Logan Hall as a target and perfect fit for the bears. Also liked Pierce and Tolbert for WRs. He said you need a boundary WR that can be physical enough to get you first downs. Pierce also has the speed to go deep. Said players like Sky Moore doesn't fit what the bears need. Possibly Bell as consolation if you miss speed guys. The talk with Logan Hall may put him in the first round but if at 39, you have to take. Also said need a OL early to fix this line. 

So I have already had to change.

39. Logan Hall/DT

48. Cole Strange/OG. Strange is valued as a late second early 3.

71. Alex Pierce, if Pierce is gone Jalen Tolbert. Get a speed guy in the 5th, Grey, Thornton, or Melton.

Hall has been my guy pretty much throughout the whole process. Eberflus had a big ol 6'8" monster in Deforest Buckner as his 3T in Indy, Hall brings some of that same size at 6'6" with a ton of athleticism.  

Hall, despite what some mock draft simulators will tell you, is definitely getting some 1st round consideration.  Here's an article about a few potential surprises in the 1st round...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/2022-nfl-draft-lewis-cine-logan-hall-among-seven-potential-surprise-first-rounde

Hall is there, and another interesting name got thrown out there that no one has talked about early.... Fields old blindside protector, Nicholas Petit-Frere.....NPF has intrigued me a bit. He sounds like he's a high floor low ceiling guy and that's why he's not really more highly thought of. I still very much just want Brown or Fisher but I could live with NPF if he's there with their 2nd pick. 

Ya I've seen big boards  lately having  Hall going before our pick. Started out in the 70s.Scouts have their boards built differently that the draft experts do . I hope we get a shot at him . Being able to play DE and the 3 T spot would fit well to this team. Will probably only be available at 39 I suspect.

9 hours ago, scs787 said:

Hall has been my guy pretty much throughout the whole process. Eberflus had a big ol 6'8" monster in Deforest Buckner as his 3T in Indy, Hall brings some of that same size at 6'6" with a ton of athleticism.  

Hall, despite what some mock draft simulators will tell you, is definitely getting some 1st round consideration.  Here's an article about a few potential surprises in the 1st round...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/2022-nfl-draft-lewis-cine-logan-hall-among-seven-potential-surprise-first-rounde

Hall is there, and another interesting name got thrown out there that no one has talked about early.... Fields old blindside protector, Nicholas Petit-Frere.....NPF has intrigued me a bit. He sounds like he's a high floor low ceiling guy and that's why he's not really more highly thought of. I still very much just want Brown or Fisher but I could live with NPF if he's there with their 2nd pick. 

Logan Hall had just 8 sacks and 20 TFL in 46 games against lesser competition.  It's hard to get excited about that level of production for one of our 2nd Rd picks.  What little I see in his highlights he doesn't appear particularly quick off the snap.  He seems more like a DE in our old 3-4 front who could flex out to DE at times (run downs) when we went to a 4-man front.   I think the comparison to Buckner is reasonable but in college Buckner had a lot more production (18 sacks, 36 TFL) against Pac 12 offenses and he went 7th overall.  

48 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Logan Hall had just 8 sacks and 20 TFL in 46 games against lesser competition.  It's hard to get excited about that level of production for one of our 2nd Rd picks.  What little I see in his highlights he doesn't appear particularly quick off the snap.  He seems more like a DE in our old 3-4 front who could flex out to DE at times (run downs) when we went to a 4-man front.   I think the comparison to Buckner is reasonable but in college Buckner had a lot more production (18 sacks, 36 TFL) against Pac 12 offenses and he went 7th overall.  

Good points, never watched any tape on him just formed by opinions of others.