Chicago GETS the NFL draft

Stinger226

• 2 weeks later...
Can't be L.A....they don't even have a team, unless its ploy to generate steam to get a team there. Which I think is the case the fact that they are even considered

Yeah, definitely marketing, and CHI and LA are the biggest markets.

I am probably one of those idiots we watch on TV and acts like a drunken fool; but Im ok with that. I will probably be there.

I don't know. A huge appeal of the draft is following the rumors, trades, projections, and fans bitching about what their team did. To me, sitting in a theater waiting for the name to be called . . . sucks.

I don't know. A huge appeal of the draft is following the rumors, trades, projections, and fans bitching about what their team did. To me, sitting in a theater waiting for the name to be called . . . sucks.

It will be true, the actual experience with probably be quite lacking, but I always like to say (I did that). It"s like going to a real game, there is energy and excitement but it is a easier experience watching on the tube, and cheaper. I had season tickets to the Bears for two years back when Sweetness was around and had a lot of great memories but it was a hassle every gameday treking from Rockford to the game in the cold weather. Wouldnt change that memory but it was better suited for a young man than at my tender age of 61. Really would just like to say I did that once. How nice would that be waiting around for the last pick in the first round with some of you Bear fans, I may never meet again.

It will be true, the actual experience with probably be quite lacking, but I always like to say (I did that). It"s like going to a real game, there is energy and excitement but it is a easier experience watching on the tube, and cheaper. I had season tickets to the Bears for two years back when Sweetness was around and had a lot of great memories but it was a hassle every gameday treking from Rockford to the game in the cold weather. Wouldnt change that memory but it was better suited for a young man than at my tender age of 61. Really would just like to say I did that once. How nice would that be waiting around for the last pick in the first round with some of you Bear fans, I may never meet again.

Damn good point. One helluva a point. Particularly if it travels and it may never be back in Chicago . . . that would be cool.

My problem is that I'm at the tender age of 41. With a 7 year old and a 4 year old, going anywhere is damn near impossible. If it comes to Chicago, I might need to find a way.