Bears/Seahawks

Bears4Ever_34

I knew things would be interesting here.

It's preseason folks. Yes it's looked bad but I'm not gonna worry until it continues through week 4 of the regular season.

i agree with you it's preseason. the final outcome or even scores don't mean a lot. i don't expect to see exotic blitzing schemes and stunting but...

what we are NOT seeing are fundamentals. even in vanilla schemes you need to see basic football skills and smarts. in past teams you knew that these things were there because you have seen them performed in the real season previously. this is not the case with this team.

our team is showing none of those things. what is worse is we are seeing the same mistakes that were made last season over and over again. THAT is concerning stuff that our coaching staff should have been working on all preseason.

can it turn around when they play for real? sure. but if they can't even perform the basics in a 3rd preseason game it's a leap of faith to assume they will when we start the season. if it takes us 4 real season games to even grasp these concepts that is FAR too long and could put ourselves out of contention before we hit stride.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guys who looked really bad to me last night were DJ Williams, Khaseem Greene, Danny McCray, and Chris Conte. Young looked bad against the run, but barring injury he won't have to play the run. I agree the Briggs looks fat and slow so he seems to be a problem as well.

Sans Briggs, all those problems bad players might not even be starters come regular season. I thought Bostic played well and hope he makes it ahead of Williams. SMC actually looked fairly decent and probably gets the 3rd LB spot. Vereen looked good and I hope he gets the start at FS.

Ego and Sutton also played well so that's encouraging considering Ratliff was non existent and Paea was a mixed bag.

This is still ST, and there is still on going battles. That 1st team D we saw get blown up could be completely different come week 1.

Ive heard you say some pretty dumb things on this board, but this one takes the cake.

Mel Tucker might be the dumbest worst football coach of all time, but it has nothing to do with his race. Even you should know better. You should be ashamed of yourself. As I see it you have three choices:

1) Retract your statement and apologize

2) Be overt that youre a racist and you stand behind what you said

3) do neither and be a total coward

I think actually he was referring to Lovie... Nevertheless.

I would hope Terra wasn't drawing that parallel. I'd hate to think anyone would harbor that type of prejudice. Let alone a fellow Bears fan.

Guest TerraTor
Ive heard you say some pretty dumb things on this board, but this one takes the cake.

Mel Tucker might be the dumbest worst football coach of all time, but it has nothing to do with his race. Even you should know better. You should be ashamed of yourself. As I see it you have three choices:

1) Retract your statement and apologize

2) Be overt that youre a racist and you stand behind what you said

3) do neither and be a total coward

Or I could say freak off. And don't care what the color or the guys skin is. He was the dc of the freakin Jaguars.

Guest TerraTor

I would hope Terra wasn't drawing that parallel. I'd hate to think anyone would harbor that type of prejudice. Let alone a fellow Bears fan.

I wasn't.

I wasn't.

You said he was a Rooney Rule hire. Maybe you want to distance yourself from that, or claim it more strongly, so far youre taking the third coward route.

It was clear what he stated and does not need clarified or discussed ad nauseam.

If I see that anyone on here is racist and is allowed to stay, I will leave.

The world is too full of drama guys, and I am not coming here to see more of it.

Let me make clear: I DO NOT TOLERATE RACISM OF ANY FORM!

Now....let's get back to the Bears!

PS-I hope I am wrong about Cutler...come on Cutler! Let's win the big one!

Breaking my TalkBears sabbatical for one post.

You were right on your comment orginally, Cutler did not deserve his contract and is what he is.

Secondly, Terror's comment is not racist. If the Rooney Rule can be used to elevate good hires, it can be used to criticize bad hires also. However, the Rooney Rule does not apply to the monstrosity that the Bears call a Defensive Coordinator in Mel tucker, it only applies to Head Coaching hires.

Talk Fantasy Bears #2, the season is already over, I won....

Guest TerraTor
Breaking my TalkBears sabbatical for one post.

You were right on your comment orginally, Cutler did not deserve his contract and is what he is.

Secondly, Terror's comment is not racist. If the Rooney Rule can be used to elevate good hires, it can be used to criticize bad hires also. However, the Rooney Rule does not apply to the monstrosity that the Bears call a Defensive Coordinator in Mel tucker, it only applies to Head Coaching hires.

Talk Fantasy Bears #2, the season is already over, I won....

Thank you. I don't care if Tuckers skin is purple. He's freaking terrible. No business where he is. And the Rooney Rule requires interviews for Minorities. The rule in itself is racist. Basically says whoever the minority is can't get an interview on their own

Thank you. I don't care if Tuckers skin is purple. He's freaking terrible. No business where he is. And the Rooney Rule requires interviews for Minorities. The rule in itself is racist. Basically says whoever the minority is can't get an interview on their own

Yeah this is a load of double talk horseshit.

You mentioned the Rooney Rule, because you were talking about his skin, now you dont have the courage to either stand behind what you siad or distance yourself from it.

Youre a freakin pussy. You really are.

If I see that anyone on here is racist and is allowed to stay, I will leave.

The world is too full of drama guys, and I am not coming here to see more of it.

Let me make clear: I DO NOT TOLERATE RACISM OF ANY FORM!

Now....let's get back to the Bears!

Right the freak on.

Guest TerraTor
Yeah this is a load of double talk horseshit.

You mentioned the Rooney Rule, because you were talking about his skin, now you dont have the courage to either stand behind what you siad or distance yourself from it.

Youre a freakin pussy. You really are.

Get over urself dipshit.

Get over urself dipshit.

Listen you racist dickwad, I dont need to get over anything. All you need to do is retract your Rooney Rule comment, but you wont,. cuz youre a pussy who is too big to admit hes wrong -OR- youre a racist asshole.

I dont care if I get banned here for this. I know right from wrong. Youre a major asshole, you racist freak.

Guest TerraTor
Listen you racist dickwad, I dont need to get over anything. All you need to do is retract your Rooney Rule comment, but you wont,. cuz youre a pussy who is too big to admit hes wrong -OR- youre a racist asshole.

I dont care if I get banned here for this. I know right from wrong. Youre a major asshole, you racist freak.

Dickwad.... ha!

Your credibility is officially established. .. Go protest something you know nothing about

Where your point breaks down is that the Rooney rule only affects Head coaches and GMs. Coordinator positions aren't subject to the rule.

So by suggesting that he got his job due to a minority requirement, you simply discredit your opinion by displaying your ignorance.

I think that last season he just didn't have the horses on the line after injuries and had some bad position coaches not familiar with Lovie's scheme that they were still running. The defense looked half-way decent early last year until the injuries mounted and the youngsters didn't know what they were doing.

This year, we are in year one of a new scheme and all we have seen is preseason where they may scheme a little, but I and others have noticed that he was running a lot of man to man coverage ostensibly to evaluate player skills.

The Seahawks game was a disappointment, but I don't think I personally would have felt as bad about if Alshon and Brandon hadn't dropped so many key passes and they were only a TD behind at halftime. The phantom PI call on Marshall didn't help either.

I don't know if Tucker is a good OC or not - I think we simply haven't had enough time to judge yet. Unfortunately that takes time. We will know better after a few games this year.

Guest TerraTor
Where your point breaks down is that the Rooney rule only affects Head coaches and GMs. Coordinator positions aren't subject to the rule.

So by suggesting that he got his job due to a minority requirement, you simply discredit your opinion by displaying your ignorance.

I think that last season he just didn't have the horses on the line after injuries and had some bad position coaches not familiar with Lovie's scheme that they were still running. The defense looked half-way decent early last year until the injuries mounted and the youngsters didn't know what they were doing.

This year, we are in year one of a new scheme and all we have seen is preseason where they may scheme a little, but I and others have noticed that he was running a lot of man to man coverage ostensibly to evaluate player skills.

The Seahawks game was a disappointment, but I don't think I personally would have felt as bad about if Alshon and Brandon hadn't dropped so many key passes and they were only a TD behind at halftime. The phantom PI call on Marshall didn't help either.

I don't know if Tucker is a good OC or not - I think we simply haven't had enough time to judge yet. Unfortunately that takes time. We will know better after a few games this year.

LT don't u have a life coach?

Id like to ask the moderators to ban Terra please. He has been a total dick for years, but that was always about football, now this racist crap is over the line. DO the right thing or I and it seems a bunch of us will leave.

Id like to ask the moderators to ban Terra please. He has been a total dick for years, but that was always about football, now this racist crap is over the line. DO the right thing or I and it seems a bunch of us will leave.

I seriously do not see how his comments are racist, care to elaborate?

Terra didn't say that Tucker was bad because he is a minority. He basically said the following:

1) Tucker is a bad coordinator.

2) Something must have helped a coordinator that can't do the job in his opinion get said job

3) It must have been the Rooney Rule.

I see no difference in that comment, as to saying Bob Babich must haven gotten the defensive coordinators job due to being friends with Lovie, despite being inept.

Criticizing the Rooney Rule does not make one a racist. Nor does, in the opinion of Terra, that Tucker is a bad coordinator make him racist.

The Rooney Rule just does not apply in this case, as it only concerns head coaching jobs. In this case, Tuckers apparent ineptitude rests squarelyon the shoulders of Emery and Trestman.

I think there is just over reaction due to prior distaste for Terra, and pinning racism on him is uncalled for.

I seriously do not see how his comments are racist, care to elaborate?

Terra didn't say that Tucker was bad because he is a minority. He basically said the following:

1) Tucker is a bad coordinator.

2) Something must have helped a coordinator that can't do the job in his opinion get said job

3) It must have been the Rooney Rule.

I see no difference in that comment, as to saying Bob Babich must haven gotten the defensive coordinators job due to being friends with Lovie, despite being inept.

Criticizing the Rooney Rule does not make one a racist. Nor does, in the opinion of Terra, that Tucker is a bad coordinator make him racist.

The Rooney Rule just does not apply in this case, as it only concerns head coaching jobs. In this case, Tuckers apparent ineptitude rests squarelyon the shoulders of Emery and Trestman.

I think there is just over reaction due to prior distaste for Terra, and pinning racism on him is uncalled for.

I asked him to distance himself from the comment, and he refused. it was clearly a racist statement.

Im pretty conservative politically. Im not one that goes looking for racism. I support the officer in Ferguson after what Ive read.

That said, I have no tolerance for actual racism, and all Terra has to do is take it back, and he refuses to.

So, it speaks for itself. Hes a pig.

I think all this racist back and forth has no place here. Whether it happened of not is obviously up for contention. But the fact it's become a main point of discord here is wrong. If you guys (Terra and NYC) want to discuss racial tension there are many other places that will host that type of stuff. This is not the place for it.

Civil unrest is prevelant just about anywhere you go. It doesn't take much to find a place where it's occuring nor talent to start another fight. Genocide, famine, and outright poverty is happening globally as we speak yet here in the 'Western World' we find new ways to tear ourselves apart . I'm not a big fan of these kumbaya moments we seem to encounter here (at this site)every few months but suffice to say despite all the differences we all have one goal. That is to cheer on our team and hope (with fingers crossed and knocking on wood) that well have a good year. Despite Tucker, Cutler or anyone's else's best efforts. Bear down fellas.