...talked off the ledge.

madlithuanian

Yesterday sucked. But I didn't see us losing that game until that botched long run allowed on D in OT. I kept thinking we'd overcome.

Losing it sucked. There's tons of blame to go around. We've all touched upon those elements.

1. Coaching (bad play calling on O and D)

2. Execution (Cutler's stupid pick on 3rd and short)

3. Bad luck (Marshall getting stripped)

4. Poor management (Emery not finding a better safety or buying into an aging Allen)

My takeaways are these:

1. If this is what we are, prep for an 8-8 season with some fun and not so fun games

2. If we learn from this, we can be decent. However, lack of consistent pressure from the D line is a HUGE concern. Manuel had all day to throw. Briggs is old as sin. Tillman always looks bad against small WR's...and he looked a little old. Shae was nowhere to be found...I think the experiment is all but over. Let Jones play LB. He at least plays mean.

3. My gut tells me Tucker is no good. It's only one game...but I just have nothing but bad feelings about him.

4. This is a build year. The hope is to make the playoffs and get invited to the dance. We'll get bounced fast, but having that experience should be beneficial. Next year is our true window after getting some more D help...and hopefully a new DC.

I fully expect to get our asses handed to us next week. It's SF. In SF. Opening their new building for all the world to see. This is the kind of game we don't show up to and opposing teams have banner games. There is a chance that we come in and compete and at least make them work for it. I just do not seeus winning under virtually any scenario. I see us either losing something like 35-28 or 45-10. It'll be interesting to see...

Yesterday sucked. But I didn't see us losing that game until that botched long run allowed on D in OT. I kept thinking we'd overcome.

Losing it sucked. There's tons of blame to go around. We've all touched upon those elements.

1. Coaching (bad play calling on O and D)

2. Execution (Cutler's stupid pick on 3rd and short)

3. Bad luck (Marshall getting stripped)

4. Poor management (Emery not finding a better safety or buying into an aging Allen)

My takeaways are these:

1. If this is what we are, prep for an 8-8 season with some fun and not so fun games

2. If we learn from this, we can be decent. However, lack of consistent pressure from the D line is a HUGE concern. Manuel had all day to throw. Briggs is old as sin. Tillman always looks bad against small WR's...and he looked a little old. Shae was nowhere to be found...I think the experiment is all but over. Let Jones play LB. He at least plays mean.

3. My gut tells me Tucker is no good. It's only one game...but I just have nothing but bad feelings about him.

4. This is a build year. The hope is to make the playoffs and get invited to the dance. We'll get bounced fast, but having that experience should be beneficial. Next year is our true window after getting some more D help...and hopefully a new DC.

I fully expect to get our asses handed to us next week. It's SF. In SF. Opening their new building for all the world to see. This is the kind of game we don't show up to and opposing teams have banner games. There is a chance that we come in and compete and at least make them work for it. I just do not seeus winning under virtually any scenario. I see us either losing something like 35-28 or 45-10. It'll be interesting to see...

1. Coaching - abandoning the run, going to gimmicks on the 2nd drive when we destroyed them on the first one. Not calling more runs/draws/screens on 3rd and short. Defensive breakdowns or gap assignments main issues. Besides for the 2 long runs and 2 long catches, Buffalo didn't do much.

2. Execution - this is more like decision making. Also, running out a kick to the 15 does not help. Also, only punting 40 yards when you can kick 60 doesn't make sense either.

3. Bad luck - I don't know about Marshall's play having luck involved, the throw was high so he had to go up to snag it and just as he came down on both feet the ball was hit.

4. Poor Management - I agree, Safety should've been top offseason priority. Now we have other teams subs starting for us. Conte needs to be cut, we can't have our Safeties getting steamrolled by RBs and stiffarmed like that.

Takeaways -

1. 8-8? When is our next win, which 8 games are those? Buffalo was the worst team we face all year and we lost. Our only wins look to be TB and DAL right now. We can potentially lose the other 13.

2. Learn from this? That doesn't make players younger. Briggs was arguably the worst player on the field yesterday.

3. At what record or how many losses in a row before Tucker is fired? I say 4, if we lose 4 straight and are 0-4 after losing to GB at home, Tucker will be gone.

4. How many more years do we have with Forte and Marshall in their primes, 1 or 2 at the most? This is not a rebuild year, playoffs or bust.

Shae was nowhere to be found because he only played 42% of the snaps. I think that will be a pattern all year, we'll be in the nickel package the majority of the time. I wouldn't be surprised to see that number dip even lower against teams who are more passing based.

Another point that should take you off the ledge a bit is Jeffery(Assuming he comes back healthy) only played 49% of the snaps. When he's healthy he's gonna be out there 90%+.

And call me crazy but I think the SF game is winnable. They're a good team, no question about it, but they didn't look THAT good against an awful Dallas team.

1. There are countless examples...I just mentioned 1.

2. Same as 1...

3. Bad luck from the standpoint that Marshall rarely gets stripped. And the ball could have bounced back to Marshall...it didn't.

Takeaways:

1. Sure. 8-8 is reasonable. Just saying, we all pretty much thought we'd reasonably be looking at a Wold Card berth before Sunday. I'm saying, if what we saw yesterday is correct, then our O should be fine and our D will be horrid. Thus wining about 50% of the time and missing the playoffs.

2. One can always learn. Whether they want to or not is another thing altogether.

3. Tucker will not be fired mid season. It will only happen in the off season. The Bear simply do not do that historically. Tucker has the full season to fail.

4. This is why I said next year is our window for a championship run. Call this season what you will. But I'm simply not seeing it right now as a Super Bowl bound one. Stranger things can happen, but I don't see us having the horses on D yet. One more off-season could provide that.

1. Coaching - abandoning the run, going to gimmicks on the 2nd drive when we destroyed them on the first one. Not calling more runs/draws/screens on 3rd and short. Defensive breakdowns or gap assignments main issues. Besides for the 2 long runs and 2 long catches, Buffalo didn't do much.

2. Execution - this is more like decision making. Also, running out a kick to the 15 does not help. Also, only punting 40 yards when you can kick 60 doesn't make sense either.

3. Bad luck - I don't know about Marshall's play having luck involved, the throw was high so he had to go up to snag it and just as he came down on both feet the ball was hit.

4. Poor Management - I agree, Safety should've been top offseason priority. Now we have other teams subs starting for us. Conte needs to be cut, we can't have our Safeties getting steamrolled by RBs and stiffarmed like that.

Takeaways -

1. 8-8? When is our next win, which 8 games are those? Buffalo was the worst team we face all year and we lost. Our only wins look to be TB and DAL right now. We can potentially lose the other 13.

2. Learn from this? That doesn't make players younger. Briggs was arguably the worst player on the field yesterday.

3. At what record or how many losses in a row before Tucker is fired? I say 4, if we lose 4 straight and are 0-4 after losing to GB at home, Tucker will be gone.

4. How many more years do we have with Forte and Marshall in their primes, 1 or 2 at the most? This is not a rebuild year, playoffs or bust.

I'm OK with our O. I feel that will be fine. My concern is on D.

I think you are crazy! But, I sure hope you're right!

Shae was nowhere to be found because he only played 42% of the snaps. I think that will be a pattern all year, we'll be in the nickel package the majority of the time. I wouldn't be surprised to see that number dip even lower against teams who are more passing based.

Another point that should take you off the ledge a bit is Jeffery(Assuming he comes back healthy) only played 49% of the snaps. When he's healthy he's gonna be out there 90%+.

And call me crazy but I think the SF game is winnable. They're a good team, no question about it, but they didn't look THAT good against an awful Dallas team.

I'm OK with our O. I feel that will be fine. My concern is on D.

I think you are crazy! But, I sure hope you're right!

You talk about good and bad luck sometimes having an effect on a game. One of Cutler's near INTs came when the ball bounced off either Marshall or the defender and bounced into Morgans hands. Although 'good' luck in that case it was bittersweet since Cutler keeps playing like a lout. Thus the offense is not "good". Marshall is good, Alshon is good, Forte is good, Martellus is good... Cutler is not.

Despite your hate of Cutler, the offense is still good. Not great. Good. BM, AJ and MF are all great. MB is good. Our line is good. Cutler is mediocre at the moment. Add all that up and it's good.

You talk about good and bad luck sometimes having an effect on a game. One of Cutler's near INTs came when the ball bounced off either Marshall or the defender and bounced into Morgans hands. Although 'good' luck in that case it was bittersweet since Cutler keeps playing like a lout. Thus the offense is not "good". Marshall is good, Alshon is good, Forte is good, Martellus is good... Cutler is not.