Best Line In The Press Conference

chitownman

I watched the press conference as many others did as well. The comment or line that stuck out the most to me was when someone asked George McCaskey how his mother Virginia has felt during this whole process. George got a bit choked up which was nice to see some emotion and said, "She is in agreement, has been supportive.....She's Pissed Off!" Not sure that still having Ted Philips in any Football Operations position is good thing however, it seems like the family is starting to get it on how we the fan base feels and hopefully it will be the start of a true move in the right direction!

I watched the press conference as many others did as well. The comment or line that stuck out the most to me was when someone asked George McCaskey how his mother Virginia has felt during this whole process. George got a bit choked up which was nice to see some emotion and said, "She is in agreement, has been supportive.....She's Pissed Off!" Not sure that still having Ted Philips in any Football Operations position is good thing however, it seems like the family is starting to get it on how we the fan base feels and hopefully it will be the start of a true move in the right direction!

Yep, I thought that was great. I also thought that the comments around...what do you think about the football roster and is Jay Cutler or any player going to be involved in the process. The way they answered both of those was great and you could tell they are making it extremely clear to outsiders that whomever comes in to take the GM role is going to have pure authority (unless they coin a prestigious guy who gets a higher title...say the Colts current GM who gets some form of an upgraded title / higher pay). Not that the Colts are going to just let that happen either.

I finally got a chance to see the press conference. His statement went beyond "she's pissed off." He clarified that "she is fed up with mediocrity and she expects and demands better."

Add in that George or Ted said that "they didn't look at this from the money standpoint…just what is the right thing to do."

This sure feels like a different message being sent throughout the organization right now than what I've seen or heard over the last couple decades. The owners not only want to win they want the Bears toughness and pride back.

Separate from the press conference thoughts …. organizations often move in the opposite direction from where they've been. For example: Detroit under Jim Schwartz was tough, cocky, undisciplined let's go fight approach. They go get Jim Caldwell who has the opposite approach. We are a soft team. The comments from George, and his comments from what Virginia said, tells me we are going after a coach who wants a physical team both on offense and defense.

You know, there was a part of me that liked the emotion he showed during this portion of the press conference. But there was a part of me that thought, this guy just told us his mommy is mad at him. Grow up you big pussy!

If the emotion he showed translates into actions that benefit this team, I'll be very happy he got involved and drove the team to success. But in leaving Teddy in place, they're basically telling us this is business as usual with a side order of consultant. Accorsi has plenty of pluses and minuses. It's up to the Bears owners and upper managers to make the right call from Accorsi's list. I hope he gives them 100% A+ guys so they can't ferk it up but if there's one clinker in the bunch, I fear Teddy, George and his mommy will LOVE that candidate.

You know, there was a part of me that liked the emotion he showed during this portion of the press conference. But there was a part of me that thought, this guy just told us his mommy is mad at him. Grow up you big pussy!

If the emotion he showed translates into actions that benefit this team, I'll be very happy he got involved and drove the team to success. But in leaving Teddy in place, they're basically telling us this is business as usual with a side order of consultant. Accorsi has plenty of pluses and minuses. It's up to the Bears owners and upper managers to make the right call from Accorsi's list. I hope he gives them 100% A+ guys so they can't ferk it up but if there's one clinker in the bunch, I fear Teddy, George and his mommy will LOVE that candidate.

Another comment from the presser came from Teddy:

We need to get the Bears back to being feared by the rest of the league, when another team plays us they fear having to play us. Ed Obradovich was on the score losing it about this comment.

He said something along the lines of this doest exist in the NFL, this is a comment coming from the CEO of the Bears that has no clue about football.

Another comment from the presser came from Teddy:

We need to get the Bears back to being feared by the rest of the league, when another team plays us they fear having to play us. Ed Obradovich was on the score losing it about this comment.

He said something along the lines of this doest exist in the NFL, this is a comment coming from the CEO of the Bears that has no clue about football.

It was a comment meant to make fans happy. The last time the league had teams the rest of the league feared, in this way, was the 85 Bears. Maybe a few Ravens teams since. Otherwise, as you say, it doesn't exist.