Heard the Bears at least expressed interest in Decosta

Chitownhustla

Kinda odd since he already turned down the job in 2012.

Im hoping its a different offer, like total control of football operations. Its a big step up and im sure pay raise. He alreay gets paid like a GM. Also things change, maybe he is tired of waiting for Ozzie to retire.

I dont care if Ted is still the CEO, as long as he has not say about football decisions.

Three big differences this time.

-The Bears aren't demanding that DeCosta keep Lovie Smith for a year

-DeCosta can move on from Cutler if he wants

-George said they would restructure for the right candidate

Roster wise, I think the team is a little better than where Angelo left it too.

I'm not saying he will take the job, but all of that has to be more appealing to him.

I'm not saying he will take the job, but all of that has to be more appealing to him.

Great points. Just read on KffL that the Bears may be interested in Gary Kubiak the OC for The Ravens.

That could help in get Decosta, Decosta would have first hand knowledge on what it would be like to work with Kubiak as a head coach.

I think he is the best choice of all candidates but he is the next GM for the Ravens so he aint going anywhere. IF he shows interest at all he is just lobbing for is a raise.

If you give him enough money and power I don't think he would turn it down. Ozzie is only like 58. He could still be the GM for the next 10 years. How long does this guy want to wait for?

I read a statement where he stated" as along as Ted Phillips was here he wouldnt consider the Bears." He wants all power in any organization he goes to.

I read a statement where he stated" as along as Ted Phillips was here he wouldnt consider the Bears." He wants all power in any organization he goes to.

if this is the case is there any reason on earth ted phillips is still our president?

per the CBS/Score website...

As for their open general manager job, the Bears are interested in Ravens assistant general manager Eric DeCosta, Pompei reported. There could be a snag in that pursuit, though, as the Bears are an “unlikely” landing spot for DeCosta so long as president Ted Phillips remains in the picture, Breer reported.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/12/31/rep...biak-dan-quinn/

if this is the case is there any reason on earth ted phillips is still our president?

per the CBS/Score website...

The fact that our ceo/president has to hire someone to help pick our GM proves he should not be our CEO.

Greorge needs to wake up and give someone else total control.

Its actually pissing me off we could lose out on this guy because of Ted Phillips.

The fact that our ceo/president has to hire someone to help pick our GM proves he should not be our CEO.

Greorge needs to wake up and give someone else total control.

Its actually pissing me off we could lose out on this guy because of Ted Phillips.

Well I mean the group they hired was hired by like a a third of the league last year so I dont think its really that big a deal.

Well I mean the group they hired was hired by like a a third of the league last year so I dont think its really that big a deal.

I get why George would want to hire Ernie, he is only in his 4th year as Chairman.

Ted Phillips has been the CEO for 15 or 16 years.

He should know the rising stars. He should be well connected throughout the league.

i have to disagree. this shows me without any doubt that we need someone as a buffer between management and football operations. if we had someone like polian or whoever as president, the GM position would most likely already be filled and our new GM would be working with the new president on which coaches to hire. speed in these processes are paramount if you want to acquire the best talent you can find and these critical decisions should already have been made.

that said... although i prefer they hired a president on that side of the organization if this decosta wanted to control the presidential function he sounds like the few out there you can trust to wear both hats correctly.

i have to disagree. this shows me without any doubt that we need someone as a buffer between management and football operations. if we had someone like polian or whoever as president, the GM position would most likely already be filled and our new GM would be working with the new president on which coaches to hire. speed in these processes are paramount if you want to acquire the best talent you can find and these critical decisions should already have been made.

that said... although i prefer they hired a president on that side of the organization if this decosta wanted to control the presidential function he sounds like the few out there you can trust to wear both hats correctly.

I wonder if the Pats, GB, Pit, Ravens, Seahawks, Denver would hire someone outside to help them find a GM.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they did this. I'm just saying it further proves Ted Phillips should not be leading the Bears.

I wonder if the Pats, GB, Pit, Ravens, Seahawks, Denver would hire someone outside to help them find a GM.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they did this. I'm just saying it further proves Ted Phillips should not be leading the Bears.

my thoughts on this...

i am not sure if these other clubs would hire someone or not. other teams have but then maybe they wanted confirmation on choices they put together themselves.

what i DO believe is that this franchise has struggled for 50 + years with poor management with the brief interlude when finks and vanessi (sp) were in chicago before the mccaskey's either fired them or let them move on. this makes chicago, contrary to belief, a not so choice place to work due to meddling by upper management/owners and the way this franchise conducts itself.

this is not a dream location, as many believe, to work or build a winning tradition. by alienating the owners from the football operations would go far to make potential candidates believe there really might be a change in how this franchise does business.