Latest with Phillips?...

Mongo3451

When I watched the press conference with George McCaskey and Ted Phillips I was surprised at how nervous Phillips looked. His behaviors as George spoke looked to me like that of man that just got smacked down. No words have been spoken but I sense Phillips has either been given a very short leash or more likely (since he's still there) he knows his role will be reduced once the new GM gets to town. Pure speculation on my part.

Video is at the link. If you hit the link take a look at the photo and how George McCaskey is looking at Phillips. It doesn't appear to me that George wants to hand the car keys over to Ted.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1...68-a96e96a1d0d7

If that's true the Bears would not and should not act like Kromer and go public with that announcement but rather just make it clear to your candidates what their level of responsibility will be and where Ted fits in the picture. I said before I don't care if Phillips manages the concession contracts, parking and sponsorship stuff, and the overall accounting for the organization. I agree with the rest here that he doesn't need to be involved in football decisions.